Sign in to follow this  
Sweety

Special Treatament Breaks The Chain Of Trust - Another Op

What? Who?

I heard there are more, but one name I can say for sure (he confirmed it): Wulfgar.

I heard there are more, but one name I can say for sure (he confirmed it): Wulfgar.

Not sure that was a bad thing he is a little harsh with people that don't share his views and that is not a good thing to have as a staff member even a volunteer one.

Half a million viewers? Wtf? His first wurm video on youtube got 47k views, his second video 25k views... and I'm guesing his third video will be down to 10k views. That's no where near half a millon lmfao.

HE GOT... 656.344 subscribers http://www.youtube.com/user/Bashurverse and obviously much more viewers overall who didn't subbed. He cannot force them all to watch wurm videos, but overtime many of them will see and prolly will try this game... moreover all of them will get an email note whenever he will upload new video. It really doesn't require to be a titan of intelect to see this huge advertising potential.

And now some final words for some of Rolf's defenders:

To those that say it was not a mistake: It was. Even Rolf admitted.it was a mistake. So stop denying something he admitted himself.

Seems like you got no business experience at all... Crowd is always more prone to emotional arguments so there's no point in explaining perfectly logical reasons behind some decisions - that's why Rofl simply admitted mistake and apologize - as a service provider he must be politically correct on this matter and tone things down.. we "defenders"(as u call us) don't have to. 

• Like 1

Heresay is a wonderful thing.

• Like 2

Well, your initial question implied there is no one.

When I gave a name, you now suggest there is no one ELSE.

It's not my job to keep track of all staff, at least one resigned because of this, which makes my affirmation valid. If there are more or not... I honestly dunno, but it already doesn't make much more difference.

Anyway since I quit for good, this is no longer my problem. Please don't involve me any more. I just answered to your question, so you don't say I am unpolite and don't answer or that I'm making up things.

Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!

• Like 2

Dextrome, on 08 Oct 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:snapback.png

Half a million viewers? Wtf? His first wurm video on youtube got 47k views, his second video 25k views... and I'm guesing his third video will be down to 10k views. That's no where near half a millon lmfao.

HE GOT... 656.344 subscribers http://www.youtube.com/user/Bashurverse and obviously much more viewers overall who didn't subbed. He cannot force them all to watch wurm videos, but overtime many of them will see and prolly will try this game... moreover all of them will get an email note whenever he will upload new video. It really doesn't require to be a titan of intelect to see this huge advertising potential.

"and obviously much more viewers overall"

Obviously much more viewers than subscribers? Please explain this to me... I can't find the obviousness.

"HE GOT... 656.344 subscribers"

And do you honestly believe 656.344 subscribers means anything? Chances are half of those are dummy accounts, maybe even more, who knows. 

"He cannot force them all to watch wurm videos, but overtime many of them will see"

Even his minecraft videos don't get more than 40k views dude... (And no that first video of his from 2yrs ago with 800k views are not unique views, that was obviously Bashur & co refreshing his first videos nonstop to make it look more popular to get his initial follower base.)

"It really doesn't require to be a titan of intelect to see this huge advertising potential"

You do realize that almost all of his viewers are little minecraft kids, right? And even Notch has posted videos promoting wurm, if Notch can't get them to play wurm I really don't see how that annoying Bashur guy is gonna do any better.

Edited by Dextrome
  • Like 3

I can't see how it's not a petty, trivial thing. I don't want to be offensive but is a large part of this fear? Of the unknown, of where it will lead?

Rolf's nice, fair, hard working, he cares a lot and he's stuck to his role through God know's what. Never had the means to do everything at once (Don't we know it) but the structure's clearly improving.

It's a name change to someone on a server that you're probably not on that does need constant tweaking to maintain and improve. 

I'm pretty sure Rolf feels he's on lockdown here. Well done maybe, but why? Clearly there needs to be some points given about why you halted the head dev/creator when he has vastly more important things to do than get stuck on a (needed imo) name change.

I'd like to know, it it such a huge issue relative to every other issue, or is it 'getting points across on the forum'.

People ragequitting, wtf.

Edited by Silures
  • Like 1

I can't see how it's not a petty, trivial thing. I don't want to be offensive but is a large part of this fear? Of the unknown, of where it will lead?

Pretty much yes. And kind of the last straw for a lot of people.

It's not my job to keep track of all staff

I`m amazed....

Well, your initial question implied there is no one.

When I gave a name, you now suggest there is no one ELSE.

It's not my job to keep track of all staff, at least one resigned because of this, which makes my affirmation valid. If there are more or not... I honestly dunno, but it already doesn't make much more difference.

Anyway since I quit for good, this is no longer my problem. Please don't involve me any more. I just answered to your question, so you don't say I am unpolite and don't answer or that I'm making up things.

Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!

I never said you weren't polite, but I also wasn't the one who said that multiple staff members had quit over it ;) that's all I was trying to establish.

There are more posts spent trying to figure out exactly what the other person is trying to say, than actually discussing the topic. All that is happening is people are misinterpreting things and then venting their frustrations towards that person until the person either fires back to vent on that person, or clears it up. This thread has gone on long enough. The other threads have gone on long enough. Close them down.

By the way, I called it again Sweety:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88721-special-treatments/page-6#entry886743

Well, good thing is we don't have forum goers that mimic that of larger MMORPG titles. Otherwise we may have started seeing a list of thread titles such as:

To the people who think:

I'm sorry but I think...:

Opening new thread to talk about how and why a thread got closed:

Opening another thread talking about the previous thread that got closed for talking about the thread that got closed originally:

Special Treatment thread #45

I want name changes:

Any thread that has the word "implemented" in the op's post:

This game is a joke:

To the developers:

To the GM team:

To the owner:

To the volunteers:

I quit:

I'm quitting:

etc

etc

etc.

The same thing every forum you go to, oh crap, its already starting on this one. Musta happened while I was typing this... Mob mentality sucks and it brings plagues upon houses.

Edited by Romally

There are more posts spent trying to figure out exactly what the other person is trying to say, than actually discussing the topic. All that is happening is people are misinterpreting things and then venting their frustrations towards that person until the person either fires back to vent on that person, or clears it up. This thread has gone on long enough. The other threads have gone on long enough. Close them down.

By the way, I called it again Sweety:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88721-special-treatments/page-6#entry886743

You should ask your name to be changed to "Nostradamus"

• Like 2

"and obviously much more viewers overall"

Obviously much more viewers than subscribers? Please explain this to me... I can't find the obviousness.

Because not every viewer will subscribe? it's really so hard to understand? 

"HE GOT... 656.344 subscribers"

And do you honestly believe 656.344 subscribers means anything? Chances are half of those are dummy accounts, maybe even more, who knows. 

Do u know how much your baseless accusations are worth?

"He cannot force them all to watch wurm videos, but overtime many of them will see"

Even his minecraft videos don't get more than 40k views dude... (And no that first video of his from 2yrs ago with 800k views are not unique views, that was obviously Bashur & co refreshing his first videos nonstop to make it look more popular to get his initial follower base.)

Do you have any proof to back up this accusation? or it's just taken out of ass just like the first one?

"It really doesn't require to be a titan of intelect to see this huge advertising potential"

You do realize that almost all of his viewers are little minecraft kids, right? And even Notch has posted videos promoting wurm, if Notch can't get them to play wurm I really don't see how that annoying Bashur guy is gonna do any better.

Do you realise that 16e from "little minecraft kid" is just as good as from you?

I said this before, but it bears repeating here.  There are problems with name changes that affect more than just pvp.  What about ignore and kos lists?  I'd hate to put Hammerhead on kos or ignore, only to find later that Arrowhead is now bothering me, because he got a name change.  Yes, Rolf could make code so those lists get updated, but the simpler coding would be to NEVER allow name changes.  When it comes to coding the KISS method is always good (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

You're just trying to get your 4th in the list ticked off :P

Meh, I'm just pointing out that I have observed this happen in other game forums over and over and over. It is the same cliche thing with mob mentality. But I know you already knew that. :)

Because not every viewer will subscribe? it's really so hard to understand? 

Uhm... and not every subscriber will be a viewer... your point being?

Do u know how much your baseless accusations are worth?

Not any less than yours, for sure.

Do you have any proof to back up this accusation? or it's just taken out of ass just like the first one?

Well yeah, if you would have read what I said, that was proof in and of itself. He's got max 40k views on all his other vids, and just magically got 800k on his first? Sure... not suspicious at all.

Do you realise that 16e from "little minecraft kid" is just as good as from you?

Wow, you're really good at missing the point.

• Like 1

I heard  you like pickles and ask for nickles, this true?

Does this one count for the letter to the GMs/volunteers?

Damn.. already counted that one... maybe I'll open a thread about threads predicting threads that will be opened about the topic!

Edited by Hussars

Does this one count for the letter to the GMs/volunteers?

Damn.. already counted that one... maybe I'll open a thread about threads predicting threads that will be opened about the topic!

I missed that one :P Good catch :D Didn't strike it out of my list yet.

Edited by Romally

So Rolf said we can all have name changes if we want, we do obviously, any news on when this is going live?

• Like 1