Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

[Epic Only] Cataclysmic Event

When a god wins the scenarios for x times in a row (or something like that), it could trigger a cataclysmic event that will greatly disrupt enemy kingdoms for a certain amount of time. Suggestions for the events:

Fires of Magranon:

For a few weeks, forest fires will start randomly. These fires can be stopped by creating a line of dirt without vegetation, or by creating water canals. The fires should damage structures and objects, and harm people and animals. Caves could also collapse at a greatly increased rate.

Famine of Fo:

For a few weeks, most crops should stop growing and turn into weeds. It should be almost impossible for people in effected kingdoms to forage and botanize for food, and butchering for meat should provide little. Also it could be impossible to breed animals, and animals that are already pregnant should miscarriage.

Storm of Vynora:

For a few weeks, effected kingdoms should be pummeled by powerful storms that can throw people, animals, and objects around if they are not indoors. It could use the same mechanics used in catapults, so the objects being thrown around are visible. This should also cause damage to structures, and maybe could even cause the water levels to rise temporarily on home servers during floods.

Infection of Libila:

A disease called "The Pale Death" could start spreading, killing people and animals. Infected people and animals could randomly "vomit", which could further spread the infection. Corpses can become infected, and going near infected corpses could have a chance of transferring the infection over. After a few weeks, the infection should stop spreading so that it eventually dies out. Ways of countering this could include alchemy potions, Fo spells that cure it, or wearing plauge doctor suits (which require spices that have to be refilled periodically).

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

Make life even easier for those who are already winning, makes sense to me

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, August 19, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Kediec, August 19, 2013 - trolling

So does this mean JKHaids can be added as an actual feature?

• Like 1

A god will never win 5 times in a row, it's very unlikely. 

A god will never win 5 times in a row, it's very unlikely. 

Yeah that's the point. Maybe it could be changed, but this shouldn't be something that happens often.

sigh, you guys don't like anything that's fun :(

And its not like it's impossible to recover from the things I suggested. It would basically be the ultimate victory or one side, and the ultimate defeat for another. Personally, I find it fun when trying to survive while odds are not in favor of the kingdom. There are ways to fight against each of the things mentioned above. (stockpile food, fight fires, get healed by a fo priest, get into a house or mine during a storm...) During a period like this, the kingdom would be forced to work together in order to survive.

Forgive me, but I like the occasional period of chaos and calamity. It gets boring otherwise. When Rolf mentioned Epic would have scenarios, I thought this was the sort of thing he meant.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Yes but since a god has like no chance of winning 5 times in a row make it like...

.8% chance of happening instead?

Yes but since a god has like no chance of winning 5 times in a row make it like...

.8% chance of happening instead?

yeah that part is open for change I guess. This is a rough suggestion

I don't really think this would improve or stimulate anything...

Toss in the Four Horsemen!

Edited by Klaa

link me to where you are on the map and i'll bring a cataclysmic event right to your front door

• Like 6

I suppose they could run a test on your area's first and then you can let everyone know how it goes. ;)