Sign in to follow this  
AryaStark

How To Buy Gold From Shop - Get 12-14 Silvers Instead Of 10 For Every 10 Euros

Jarosz,

And why they should pay you 6-7 euros for this when they could just pay 2 silver for this in the model I said?

- earn 10 silver in game (only two silvers should be their earned money, eight could be borrowed)

- buy one month of premium from token

- sell referral for 6 silvers

- give back the eight silvers they borrowed

Cheers,

Alex

Because he dosen't think his schemes through properly and dreams of cornering the selling of accounts to new players, thus providing a benificial service to the new players and saving Rolf the trouble of selling premium accounts? Just a wild guess of course. I am sure (?) his intentions are good of course, of course, of course. You've never heard of a talking horse? Say hello to Mr Ed...

=Ayes=

If you buy only coffee, no you aren't an investor. An investor buys something that will give him a better return. Like buying an account and getting 12-14 silver instead of just buying 10 silver for 10 euro.

Also, investors know how to cycle money to make more money. Coffee is a consumable.

Again, the way you are using the term "investor" in your previous posts is erroneous, even by your own definition afterwards. Here when you buy premium you are "consuming" entertainment, you are not Investing. Now if you buy a trader... that is actually closer to an investment, but again, I'm not derailing this topic further by opening that issue -again-.

• Like 1

Again, the way you are using the term "investor" in your previous posts is erroneous, even by your own definition afterwards. Here when you buy premium you are "consuming" entertainment, you are not Investing. Now if you buy a trader... that is actually closer to an investment, but again, I'm not derailing this topic further by opening that issue -again-.

I use investor because you are putting money into a system that will grow you more money. It doesn't stop at the game. The money you cycle into Wurm keeps Wurm alive by paying Rolf.

If you know that every month you can make 20-40% profit as long as an entity of investment exists, and you pay into it to make 20-40% profit. You are an investor.

Also, you have people who invest who lose. People who invest who break even, and people who invest who make profit.

Its just how you look at it. Trader Drainers are making very slow but arguable infinite profit once established (with limits defined by the economy health and time).

Edited by Jarosz

Good insight. Reasonable and fun way to buy some gold.

Does not hurt the game but takes time.

You go girl.

This is known by everyone usually right away or before they make their second character, but there could be a few people who have just logged onto the site and just started playing who haven't realized it yet.

It has been going on for a long time and another added bonus is coming soon.

Right now you get 1 alt+ 7s+ referal for 10 eu or 13s for 10 eu.

After may second you'll get 1 alt + 7s + referal and 1 sleep powder (2s) for 16 eu or 15s for 16 eu.

In game at the token its 10s to make an alt and get these bonuses after may 2nd I don't know if you will get the sleep powder.

But lets say you do just for fun....10s = 2s + referral (6s) + sleep powder (2s).

Why would I bother after may 2nd buying a referral from someone else for 6s if this does happen to be the case?

Anyhow right now is your best value doing this and people are still buying referrals for 6s.

After may 2nd I don't know if this will be the case that much and you might see referral prices drop a little unless the Sleep Powder is included.

80 eu will get you 104s using alts soon 112 eu will get you 105s using alts.

in game gold cost about 65s

65/80 = .8125

.8125 x 112 = 91

I am going to guess that somewhere around there is what gold will cost soon as the market flushes.

Edited by Protunia

This is known by everyone usually right away or before they make their second character, but there could be a few people who have just logged onto the site and just started playing who haven't realized it yet.

It has been going on for a long time and another added bonus is coming soon.

Right now you get 1 alt+ 7s+ referal for 10 eu or 13s for 10 eu.

After may second you'll get 1 alt + 7s + referal and 1 sleep powder (2s) for 16 eu or 15s for 16 eu.

In game at the token its 10s to make an alt and get these bonuses after may 2nd I don't know if you will get the sleep powder.

But lets say you do just for fun....10s = 2s + referral (6s) + sleep powder (2s).

Why would I bother after may 2nd buying a referral from someone else for 6s if this does happen to be the case?

Anyhow right now is your best value doing this and people are till buying referrals for 6s.

After may 2nd I don't if this will be the case that much and you might see referral prices drop a little unless the Sleep Powder is included.

80 eu will get you 104s using alts soon 112 eu will get you 105s using alts.

in game gold cost about 65s

65/80 = .8125

.8125 x 112 = 91

I am going to guess that somewhere around there is what gold will cost soon as the market flushes.

Existing players with silver hordes will most likely choose the in game option or referrals over the shop for awhile (or have already purchased a year of premium form Rolf as its the cheapest it will be forever, unless Rolf reduces rates in the future). To them, its cheaper to pay someone else for the premium until the value of silver stabilizes. Some will horde it to make maximum profit with it (2-6 months of stale circulation) meaning, workers won't be able to have steady income. Some will spend silver for premium because of the perceived discount vs Euro. Cost of living is 60% higher, but to them they got silver at 65e rate.

Edited by Jarosz

What you will have is a lot of people wanting to buy silver from players. 60% increase or not... 65-95 euro for 100 silver is a lot less than 160. I doubt many people will be able to afford the 60% increase to their entertainment budget.

I cant see how this is considered an exploit that should not be discussed, It happens every day on the forum that someone has a character and/or refer for sale and occasionally you do see a noob character for sale because someone made a mistake buying one.

Yes she profited because of welcome silver and player referral, but it has no impact on Rolfs cash shop profits because he got paid full cash price for premium for one month and he was the one printing those welcome coins to make that first premium 'cheaper' as well as programmed in the referral mechanic. He does it this way because he makes full cash price and you value silver (he does not) so you consider it a discount, but it is not a discount cash sale which is the very reason he does not offer the first month for a discount sale on the cash website.

Running cash shop silver+premium promotions could also make Rolf more money by getting someone to buy who had not bought before, even if it is a discount buy available to everyone, as I might spend more money because I got a 'deal' of extra silver with premium purchase. I am less likely to buy 5s as a seperate transaction, but if I have opportunity to pay $3 more for it to happen in the same transaction as my premium purchase, I probably would impulse buy that, and come back next month and would even do it again.

If someone serially buys noob alts this way to pay less premium month, they are getting less product by restarting with noob skills every month, so they got what they paid for. Since most of the premium features require higher skills, I am not even clear why someone sees value in premium noobs, beyond you need a new premium alt to buy another deed.

Rolf allows multiple emails to be used with handful of alts each because he knows there are many multi-alt players out there with characters on every server. Why would he ban that? They do not cost him premium cash when it was paid for on the website. I guess they do affect his retention metric because premium is not renewed, but so does any alt mayor regardless of them only ever being noob skillz.

All I see here is someone getting paid for running the tutorial for others (as I see she also sold her noobs), good biz for you if your eyeballs manage not to bleed for the Nth time doing it I guess. No different than them bleeding from watching the wall not break when mining.....

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

I don't think he meant he was investing into the game. More of it being an investment to drop 100 euro in hopes to gain 57 more

i did the same thing. but i did do it for deed holding. and use referals on my own main instead. but after i had 10 characters 6 i use and prem all year long. 4 only hold deeds. well one my son now plays

ahh sleepy again. my point.... oh ya. after 10 . I though about the idea of doing many thinking it was out smarting the game. but it's not really for two reasons. first save up and buy silver off players 60-70eu this is much better profit/savings

2nd main reason. mainly the reason i'm not happy seeing the post about it. is now 100 folks might go ahead and do this. sure helps the game make money for the month. but then your all adding 100's of faulse accounts that don't get deleted because they prem'ed and now more data may slow down or cus lag. no idea though. i'm not a programer. i just rememeber the complaints about dead corpses everywhere causing lag. maybe all the characters in the game per server causes delays in logging in ect....

not saying not to do it. it can help for deed holding. or letting friends or family play. or multi-game as i do. but please be reasonable about it. cus if you can afford to do 6-7 accounts like that. just buy a gold from someone for 70eu. (subject price changes coming next month of course)

glad to see your trying to sell the prem newb character for little silver. extra profit and let new players try prem. but really not worth trying unless skill near 20. prem skills above 20.1 for the most part. if dedicated player they can do it before time runs out and get to ride a horse and nice boat if lent one.

again tiered again. don't mean to sound mean at all. just saying....

I don't think he meant he was investing into the game. More of it being an investment to drop 100 euro in hopes to gain 57 more

You invest in your own wealth as well as the game. If Rolf gets paid, he gets to keep the game running, if the game keeps running your investment keeps building.

If you never "Cash out" from your investment, then all of your proceeds have gone to Rolf and Rolf would be the one gaining the most profit from all of your transactions.

That is why I also consider people who only pay premium from the shop and no silver as Investors as well. At any time they could sell their accounts. Maybe for a loss, maybe for a gain, maybe just to break even. They are investors, because they are keeping the business doors open. Just because they haven't considered the prospects of selling silver, buying people premium or starting trader empires.. .or even selling their accounts... it doesn't make them not investors.

i did the same thing. but i did do it for deed holding. and use referals on my own main instead. but after i had 10 characters 6 i use and prem all year long. 4 only hold deeds. well one my son now plays

ahh sleepy again. my point.... oh ya. after 10 . I though about the idea of doing many thinking it was out smarting the game. but it's not really for two reasons. first save up and buy silver off players 60-70eu this is much better profit/savings

2nd main reason. mainly the reason i'm not happy seeing the post about it. is now 100 folks might go ahead and do this. sure helps the game make money for the month. but then your all adding 100's of faulse accounts that don't get deleted because they prem'ed and now more data may slow down or cus lag. no idea though. i'm not a programer. i just rememeber the complaints about dead corpses everywhere causing lag. maybe all the characters in the game per server causes delays in logging in ect....

not saying not to do it. it can help for deed holding. or letting friends or family play. or multi-game as i do. but please be reasonable about it. cus if you can afford to do 6-7 accounts like that. just buy a gold from someone for 70eu. (subject price changes coming next month of course)

glad to see your trying to sell the prem newb character for little silver. extra profit and let new players try prem. but really not worth trying unless skill near 20. prem skills above 20.1 for the most part. if dedicated player they can do it before time runs out and get to ride a horse and nice boat if lent one.

again tiered again. don't mean to sound mean at all. just saying....

If she did that, then she would be selling the accounts for a lot more than just 2 silver a piece. In all honesty, they could sell for 6-7 silver a piece, but she also has time working against her. The longer she holds onto a premiumed character, the less premium they have a point of sale.

Also, how much time is she going to spend in game to skill them up instead of doing what she wants? Tutorial doesn't take that long. and she could have a supply chain to make it even faster to get through.

your all adding 100's of faulse accounts that don't get deleted because they prem'ed

That cannot be an issue, because Rolf has not deleted any account that has ever been premium, even when asked, nor has he added this feature for players that want it (unlike other MMO that let you manage your alts). ' Yarnevk' is an alt I made first because I did not realize the shop was asking for character name, I thought that choice would be in the game ( like other MMO ) and so I thought the shop was asking for my account name (like other MMO shops) It could not be deleted because I had already bought premium for it. so he sits with his 1 skills inside my mine deed as he is mayor. Not premium anymore though, he served his purpose.

Very simply if unused alts was a database problem, Rolf would have added the delete feature long ago, for 75% of premiums never come back which means the majority of his database is unused. I would presume he does this on the odd chance some new release gets somebody saying I should check that game out again, for sure if they had been archived they cannot come back. My neighboring village came back for 1.0, played for a month, had not seen them for months before or after. I presume 2.0 might get them back again.

Edited by yarnevk

Hello friends,

I really doubt this can be transformed in a "investment opportunity" as Jarosz said.

If all goes fine you can get for 10 euros:

- 5 silver from shop

- 2 silver firt time premium

- 6 silver referal

- 2 silver from selling the dummy acount

Total: 15 silvers

Silver price on gold traders I saw was like 7 euro for 10 silver, so like 10.5 euros for your 10 spent euro.

Maybe a bit more if you manage to sell the referal for 6.5 - 7 euros or if you're lucky to have some nice affinities on the dummy acount.

So there is a profit margin, but it is too low to make it worth (you still spend time with all these things). Not to mention it isn't really scalable.

So definitely I don't see this as a business as Jarosz sugested, but it can be a nice option for someone who wants to spend some cash in game, and want to get the most from her euros.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AryaStark

That cannot be an issue, because Rolf has not deleted any account that has ever been premium, even when asked, nor has he added this feature for players that want it (unlike other MMO that let you manage your alts). ' Yarnevk' is an alt I made first because I did not realize the shop was asking for character name, I thought that choice would be in the game ( like other MMO ) and so I thought the shop was asking for my account name (like other MMO shops) It could not be deleted because I had already bought premium for it. so he sits with his 1 skills inside my mine deed as he is mayor. Not premium anymore though, he served his purpose.

Very simply if unused alts was a database problem, Rolf would have added the delete feature long ago, for 75% of premiums never come back which means the majority of his database is unused. I would presume he does this on the odd chance some new release gets somebody saying I should check that game out again, for surly if they had been archived they cannot come back.

I can agree with that. and it is useful to do your self for the other reasons. i did it for 3 deed holders that i decieded to test out preist hood while prem. now 2.5 yrs later paying about 1.5yr prem for them and now pre-paid 1 yr last week. a wise choice to me. others might think the same thing. i have 3 others i pre up when i need to move deed papers around or do my own surmons. a small profit while doing so at first was nice too.

I really doubt this can be transformed in a "investment opportunity" as Jarosz said.

If all goes fine you can get for 10 euros:

- 5 silver from shop

- 2 silver firt time premium

- 6 silver referal

- 2 silver from selling the dummy acount

Total: 15 silvers

Silver price on gold traders I saw was like 7 euro for 10 silver, so like 10.5 euros for your 10 spent euro.

Maybe a bit more if you manage to sell the referal for 6.5 - 7 euros or if you're lucky to have some nice affinities on the dummy acount.

So there is a profit margin, but it is too low to make it worth (you still spend time with all these things). Not to mention it isn't really scalable.

So definitely I don't see this as a business as Jarosz sugested, but it can be a nice option for someone who wants to spend some cash in game, and want to get the most from her euros.

Cheers,

Alex

You could have easily sold them for 5-7 silver each , you low balled yourself on it. And you can absolutely charge more if you take "name requests" on a premium account. If 1 month of premium is 6-7 silver in the form of a referral, why would a clean Premium account not be considered the same? you can break 20 skill in less than a day in many skill trees.

I know it works, I did it. But you are right, it takes lots of in game time, meeting up face to face in game to make a physical transfer... although the mail system has made it a lot easier to transfer money around the server. (I do have to mention, that I did not make alts for people, I sold referrals and premium. the business needs a ton of trust to work unless Rolf codes in the ability to purchase referrals for Euro in the store... then it would be very easy, and very profitable with little effort put in).

I would buy people their initial account premium at a discount if they gave me their referral (this is how I premiumed a lot of my salesmen accounts). I would also buy people 2-12 months of premium with a discount at 12 just like the shop. Again, make of it what you will, but with only putting about 2-300 euro in, I was supporting 6-7 main accounts, and 4-5 sales accounts on premium, each had a Bag of Keeping to keep money safe while transporting. (All paid for with the proceeds of the business)

Say of it what you will, its very possible.

(I should mention, this is not a get rich quick and easy scheme. It takes a lot of personal effort. My business model just about crashed when Gold 1 crashed, but Rolf gave out whatever silver you bought and rewards for months of premium purchased... I had lots of accounts and personally bought silver to start up on again. I think I might have lost 2-3 gold when it crashed, but people new my name. Premium Sales was a Wurm household name and Gold 2 picked right back up, I was buying people premium faster than I could count and selling gold just as fast... you have to build your name to be able to do this.)

Edited by Jarosz

This method is good for priest alt listeners too. Although, I used 10s to buy premium time for my 6 alt priests instead of shop options. I lost 2s (sent referal and 2 silver to main so he doesn't have to buy the 10s option) on each toon, but who cares since free trader drain money payed for it all anyway.

In one month I got to a mag priests to 70 faith and 50 channeling.

dead corpses everywhere

Yea! This would be really cool at the new premium alt started deed parties. Everyone could do mass suicide rituals there. A new cult leader could be voted in for this purpose so it would more closely simulate real world events adding additional support to this whole thing of the OP's as being a good idea. Then if everyone were to cooperate for the mutual benifit of this event by making all names the same except for the last letter this would lead to a very fun treasure hunt event when trying to find one own corpse. Then to make it even more fun everyone who wanted to participate could contribute 1 copper to the treasure hunt pool. Then the head alt at each event with the name ending in "a" would quickly after the mass suicide had taken place run to one coprse and place the vast accumulated wealth contributed into that corpse. Then "a" would cry out *RESURRECT!* and all would arise from the dust, well maybe grass but dust sounds better to me and since this is my idea I will choose the word that I like for it!. Anyway then the fun, that I spoiled by my insistence upon using this word, but nevermind that, would begin. A great time would be had by all, it would promote community spirit, the chance for making another vast sum of wealth at little cost would be available and it would not really hurt anyone since they were all virtual characters anyway.

*searches through the grass for something*

=Ayes=

You could have easily sold them for 5-7 silver each , you low balled yourself on it.

Again you are wrong...( wasnt going to reply, but some one has to tell you )

Did they come with referrals? or 2s?

Anyone can token prem an alt right now for 10 sliver and get back 8 and have a free alt for 2s.

The most really they are worth is about 2s

People who are playing enough to build silver to prem already know they are going to get 2s and a referral as well.

SO you want to strip down new accounts and then try and sell them for 5-7s to brand new players?? good luck.

And yeah you'll get a name for yourself alright as a Con Artist lol.

But as they say a sucker is born every minute........

The only thing is about a 20 min run through the tutorial that you do at best you might get a some coppers for that.

Edited by Protunia

Hmm didn't know 1 month in game gave referrals. Could make an even more profitable structure off that really.

When did you start playing protunia? I was active 2002-2010. Most people knew me. I was one of the original founders of Silron valley in Gold 1.

Again you are wrong...( wasnt going to reply, but some one has to tell you )

And yeah you'll get a name for yourself alright as a Con Artist lol.

But as they say a sucker is born every minute........

The only thing is about a 20 min run through the tutorial that you do at best you might get a some coppers for that.

Yea, but remember in 20 minutes 20 can be born, so there is surely a profit to be made off of them in some way and within that time the artist can paint it into a pretty portrait as well. No need to take this stance in opposition to an art form.

*throws lollypop wrapper to the side*

=Aye=

Hmm didn't know 1 month in game gave referrals. Could make an even more profitable structure off that really.

When did you start playing protunia? I was active 2002-2010. Most people knew me. I was one of the original founders of Silron valley in Gold 1.

ironic as hell if you ask me.

Darthryan,

Yes, it does. :) That's the idea where the whole thread started from. :P

Cheers,

Alex

30 days play time gives a referal?

Buying a month of premium with 10s through a token gives a referral. I think that's what's being referred to here