Sign in to follow this  
waarokku

Launcher Trubbles

Finally gave up on it being fixed and downloaded the pack, renamed the old 1, deleted the temp file and moved the new one into the folder. Unstable works fine now.

Not so sure it was caused by the update today though, i logged on 3 times after the update with no problems.

i de-select the 3 tabs tho grafics simply seems to turn on/off download for pmk.jar and not grafics.jar

Still not able to log in. Download stops at 0% of the graphics.jar.

Also have the issue. Downloading manually to check if it works (its Just a 1h 17mins ETA for the 1Mb/s Line I am stuck on here is South-Africa)

Windows 8 64bit Pro. Java 1.7.0_21 32bit (need 32-bit for another OLD game) , Kasperkey IS 2013 (Disabled it to test).

STUCK_zpse9b7ccac.png

Edited by axeblade346

same with me... omg download manually is two hours!!!

The manual download is everything from scratch. It's not just patching the changes like the launcher does.

Same problem. Manuel download does not work and for some reason I do not have a WURM file folder at all, so cant delete tmp file for graphics.jar updates. Found an empty one in recycle bin when my short cut disappeared a while ago so i launch from wurmonline.com.

Any GM's have an idea about fixing the bug or timeframe?

If all else fails, try doing a direct download of the graphics pack from here : http://www.wurmonlin...ks/graphics.jar

Right click & then Save Target/Link As in the /wurm/packs/ folder.

If all else fails, try doing a direct download of the graphics pack from here : http://www.wurmonlin...ks/graphics.jar

Right click & then Save Target/Link As in the /wurm/packs/ folder.

This link drops me right back to your post.

This link drops me right back to your post.

When you click the link, your browser should open the download, it don´t direct you anywhere.

The maunal solution works, if done right.

I would try it, until the issue i solved by the launcher it will be some days i guess.

Heh lol, on my internet connection I can manually download faster than the patcher usually takes to detect and update the changes (;

Had the same issues as the rest in this thread. Manual download fixed it though.

I have the same problem, currently manually downloading.

I had the same problem 3 days ago when I returned to the game (as mentioned to Oracle as and aside in a forum PM). Deleting my old jars worked at that point but not this time.

I also have the additional problem that I cannot uninstall Wurm via the Control Panel/Programs & Features, which I suppose could be a related issue to the update one.

NB: Might be nice with the game data files being so much larger(?) if there was a reversion to multiple jars so that we only have to download those that have changed. This would save all of us bandwidth and time and possibly save Wurm some bandwidth costs.

EDIT: manual download fixed my problem

Edited by Tritus2

Manual download may seem to not be working (file seems to stay the same small size with mouse-over, making you think nothing is happening). Try clicking explorer to another folder then back again, and then look again at the size of the graphics-jar temp file (graphics.jar.part) with mouse-over. Might show to be uploading after all.

Also, I did get errors when trying to download it straight to the place it has to be, but I made a new folder just for the graphics.jar outside of the wurm folder (only until it is complete, then will place it where it belongs of course) and this procedure did work, no errors anymore. (on XP here)

Edited by Kianga

Where the hell are the DEVS and why is this still not fixed. For the majority of the gamers this game is now unplayable and has been for some 5 hours, did they patch the game when there were no DEVS about to fix any issues caused by the update?

You try to repair the Wurm,

You fail miserably.

Dev has left the world.

Manual graphics.jar download and replacement worked for me. Be sure to delete the .tmp graphics.jar from the folder that the launcher created when it tried to update.

tried manual downloading didnt work even tried deleting the tmp file still didnt work guess I wont be playing till its fixed :)

Lol, I have weathered the loss of 3 months worth of enchanted grass, having to blow up tons of buildings because of building bugs, buildings that go puff, missing walls where the devs ask you to rebuild the wall on your own and tell them what happens. This is the forth time now following an update that I am unable to actually log into the game...and it is frustrating as hell.

-1000 for the DEVS on this one.You announced a price increase for the game which has hurt the player base with the flood leaving and the last thing you needed when players are deciding to continue to play the game or not is screwing up yet another patch. Get better at this, I do not know what you do, but you gotta make less screw ups because this is one of the reasons you lose players.

Have this issue too, (like everyone I suppose). Won't go for manual download because I expect the game to work properly, not require me to go around looking for alternative downloads.

Some encouraging words from the staff would be welcome too.

Edited by Manya

manual download took.. insanely long than what the file size supposed to :| ... around 4 hours have passed since I start this manual download.. still 2 hours left (but halfway through). Now I realize how terrible my wurm addiction and how I gonna lack sleep today is.. lol

This is not a good show, would have expected it to have been fixed by now!

Same issue here.

Manual download worked to fix it (about a 1 minute download for me).

Deleted the graphic.jar and the temporary one in the packs folder.

Updates from staff on how to fix this instead of requiring a work around would be really nice.

Another option for repairing the client is to go to /wurm and deleting the 'packs' folder, But that will delete both the graphics AND the sound.jar.

Doing that seems to work for me. You might be able to just delete the graphics.jar.

Again, this will effectively do the same thing as doing the manual update, you will need to download the entire graphics pack.

E: Scratch that, It still hangs after re-downloading. :(

Edited by fencejumper

I have it working on an old computer but not my main games machine. I copies the jar files from the working computer onto my games machine and when I load up, it just ignores that, creates a .tmp file and gets stuck like everyone else so I'm fairly certain that a manual download will not fix it! Not really viable on my connection anyway. This is seriously uncool.