Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Farming

Well it has been nerfed du to the fact that people stockpile alot, not only do you gain less crop per tile but the crop also decay faster. I can understand the decayrate but i cant understand why i only get half the amount of crop compared to before.

Before the nerf i got 10-12 crop per tile, now i get 6 at the most. Mostly 4 per tile...

Either the decayrate need to be slowed down again or the amount of crop per tile need to go up !

What did it use to be?

I've farmed only for a few weeks, and I am currently 34~~ farming and I get 4 potatos per field.

But it indeed does decay too fast.

34 used to be 6 yield

now change the yield back and lower the yield for 70 farming+ as someone on irc requested and not all yield of all levels pls

or lower decay a lot on seeds "you farm a field" 2 days later "a potato crumbles to dust"x3 a field(at 30-39.99 farming)

i was at 57 farming before the series of updates on farming, i averged the following:

Cotton / Wemp - 8/7

Grain - 8/9

Corn - 7

Potato - 8

After the update:

6 For everything

its not a huge difference but yeah i guess for low level farmers it might make more difference

i thought the point of the changes was to make low level farmers less effective anyhow, making it worth it to BE a higher level farmer.

also I discovered that its now a seriously bad idea to store seeds or crops outside.  I keep mine inside in a barrel and decay is tolerable.

Well i think it's only a temp nerf. I remember seeing in the news

"Lots of rain so yeilds will be smaller"

Before update i harvested 7 or 8 from filed. Now I harvested 6 from filed too.

Sounds like Rolfie is killing off the hoards of crops/seeds that are sitting in barrels for no reason whatsoever, then will change it back.  Just an avenue to help the DB problems.

Sounds like Rolfie is killing off the hoards of crops/seeds that are sitting in barrels for no reason whatsoever, then will change it back.  Just an avenue to help the DB problems.

There are easier ways of doing that than nerfing farming

Well I cant imagine anyone bothering to get beyond the skill needed for 6 crops per tile. The only reason to have high Ql crops is to produce high Ql meals and we all know a 20 Ql meal fills the bar as much as a 60 Ql one.....you just have to eat more.  Getting to 60 farming is a real effort in time and effort and to have the amount you harvest cut just to meet some database restriction well that just isnt fair.  The decay on seeds is tolerable as storage on containers on deeds limits this. 

Its almost like the animal cull of christmas all over again when the farmers suffered the most in the loss of their livestock.  The farming aspect of the game, as underdeveloped as it is, is one of the enjoyments of alot of people who build and want to have an ongoing interest that goes beyond the scope of killing animals and destroying fruit trees. 

Anyway thanks for the long overdue nerf to the farmers. 

Instead of making them decay faster to get rid of stuff not being used. why not just hand that stuff out to new players, so they do get used?

Solves the problem and rewards new players with random goodies.

Personally, and this is purely selfish, I would like to see the growth time increased enormously, and then the amount of harvest increased to compensate.

For someone like me who is very busy at the moment, for a very strange mixture of reasons, I am losing crops because I cant always log on twice a day.

If the growth time was increased by 4 or 5 times (maybe even more) it would be a lot more controllable; I would be able to set times when I know crops will be more or less ready - like real farmers do.

Also, this change may stimulate the economy a little making the buying and selling of veggies a greater necessity; rural economies are based on basic food stuffs, not weapons, or even tools.

Anyway, back to the grind stone!

I actually agree on that too. The more realistic it can be, (to me) the better.

Its almost like the animal cull of christmas all over again when the farmers suffered the most in the loss of their livestock.

Tell me more about this animal cull please.

Its almost like the animal cull of christmas all over again when the farmers suffered the most in the loss of their livestock.

Tell me more about this animal cull please.

There were too many animals in the game at one point, so many that new ones werent spawning. So the devs had to kill off many, including ones people had owned in fenced areas, so new ones would spawn.

Well I cant imagine anyone bothering to get beyond the skill needed for 6 crops per tile. The only reason to have high Ql crops is to produce high Ql meals and we all know a 20 Ql meal fills the bar as much as a 60 Ql one.....you just have to eat more. 

Anyway thanks for the long overdue nerf to the farmers. 

Wemp is used for bowstrings and rope (Favor).

Cotton is used for lots of things.

Farming develops Soul Depth among other things.

Higher ql sowables decay slower.

Higher ql ingredients do not produce higher ql meals

When you start making meals of above 60QL, you will notice that ingredient QL affects meal QL.

A cook with low skill will not notice this at all.

Higher ql ingredients do not produce higher ql meals

Not correct, you need high ql ingredients to make high ql meals - hence you dont see many meals above 70ql

I hate the lack of crops we now get, Change it back.

But set decay for crops much higher.

I used to love Farming

I think it would be much better to revert decay, but make farming take much longer.

Currently the farming process is short and rather intense.

higher ql is faster grow rate

why not let the grow rate be on 6-7 days on some crops eg potato's and such and let it be different from season like things eg the same when apples are in season cotton will grow faster or something like that

It was a necessary evil. I’m sure things will be changed back in good time.  ;)

A much better solution would be to solve the stacking problem. If seeds and crops could be combined and split, there would be no need for thousands of items. Everybody wins.

Not correct, you need high ql ingredients to make high ql meals - hence you dont see many meals above 70ql

There I go shooting my mouth off again. My HFC is only 45 so I have not yet encountered this. Good news is my farming will be 80 by the time my cooking is that high. ;)