Sign in to follow this  
zaaephod

Thousands of free items

As already mentioned what Jethro did wasnt illegal.

Jethro knew that wurm is a community game for most players, and that his actions were not in spirit of the community. So he should not be surprised to find himself ostracized by many players from now on for his actions. He turned what was a splendid offer and opportunity for many players into dissapointment.

Shame that he didnt have the decency to at least bury the corpses.

I realy need to say something here...

I have known Jethro for a long time now and have never seen or herd of him doing anything like this.

I find it VERY hard to believe that he would do this type of thing just for the fun of it or out of malice. He has told me what happened and i believe him.

As i was not there i cannot know 100% what happend but i do know Jethro and this does not sound like the helpfull guy i know. He has also told me that he tryed to help out some new guys by giving them some rope so they could take some animals and then was asked if kill off some animals that had Bad Traits so they could pick out he good ones as they could not see Traits yet.

After that it looks to me that there was some kind of mix up and now HE'S the bad guy.

But like i said Jethro is a good guy and as for putting him on KoS or looking for payback well thats up to you guy's but i think everyone should look abit more into this b4 they nail him to the cross.

Reputation is fragile.

One bad move and that million dollar ming vase is just a collection of shards.

I have known Jethro for a long time now and have never seen or herd of him doing anything like this.

I find it VERY hard to believe that he would do this type of thing just for the fun of it or out of malice. He has told me what happened and i believe him.

As i was not there i cannot know 100% what happend but i do know Jethro and this does not sound like the helpfull guy i know.

But like i said Jethro is a good guy and as for putting him on KoS or looking for payback well thats up to you guy's but i think everyone should look abit more into this b4 they nail him to the cross.

Well seeing as Jethro has yet to state "his side" of it properly; as an account instead of just a refution... and you also have rather aptly lacked to mention "what happened" on his side.. that indicates to me there is actually very little unmentioned.

Either way regardless of intentions; His actions speak louder than words and coupled with the local/kchat quote  of "I don't want people getting free horses" just shows he is selfish and is more than willing to deprive people of a generous offer.

Its the equivalent of Macdonalds going to a local  soup kitchen and spilling all their  soup pans because a small few people go to the soup kitchen where food is offered instead of sold. And if McDonalds did that they'd be ostracised for it.

This is no different.

So Jethro: welcome to commercial hell. If you were that scared a mere 20 odd almost dead horses were going to "kill" any kind of your "profit"; well sucks to be you; I've been giving away horses longer than youve even noticed Wurm, as have many other players and more will still give away free produce.

The only reason you took action against this "giveaway" is because it was unattended by the original owner/s.

Its really sad you went to such lengths for "potential revenue".. well I hope you get zero now. And like BPaw said; I hope your crops wither and die and when you turn up wondering why no one gives anything away any more: We will just point to a picture of you slaughtering gifthorses.

As i was not there i cannot know 100% what happend but i do know Jethro and this does not sound like the helpfull guy i know. He has also told me that he tryed to help out some new guys by giving them some rope so they could take some animals and then was asked if kill off some animals that had Bad Traits so they could pick out he good ones as they could not see Traits yet.

After that it looks to me that there was some kind of mix up and now HE'S the bad guy.

You know, Garit, I'm also one who tends to not believe stuff like this, especially when it's someone I know, and trust. I always expect there's more to the story. Let me assure you, what was said by Jethro was said in open local, while myself (on my alt, Fordprefect), two of my neighbors, and several others who were there to get in on some freebies, watched him do it. If he's not normally like that, I'm not sure what made him decide to do it. It was a very rotten thing to do, and I, and the others involved feel that people need to know what happened. He shouldn't get away scott free, not on Freedom. There needs to be some consequence to a person's actions.

If this was the wild server, I'd have never done the give away the way I did, because I would have expected something like this would happen. My bad for not expecting the worst in people.

Anyway, I hope those of you who did get something from the give away find good use for it. I haven't been there myself, but I'd bet there's still some stuff worth collecting there. Be sure to check in the mine too (it's got a rock door, but access should be unlimited). :)

I asked for rope before he killed animals.

He did not give ANY out. (I had to make a rope tool so i could save three horses out of the ones he murdered.) He was NEVER asked to kill bad traits, and especially not good traits. It's his fault entirely.

Be sure to check in the mine too (it's got a rock door, but access should be unlimited).

I saw the dead lava mob and turned around, im such a wuss....

Also: thanks again on behalf of my roommate who plays, he got some stuff too.

Best of luck in Exo zaaephod, and kudos for giving so much away. I'm sure many people were helped, despite any lack of horses.

All i have to say is, Thank You. You saved me a ton of labor by providing a bsb full of mortar and bricks to build a tower on the highway that will serve many travelers on the highway.  :D

No need to defend the guy when you were not there tbh.

Jethro didn't offer anybody any rope, at least not in local.

He wasn't asked to kill any of the horses, he was asked several times to stop the killing.

He killed regardless of traits, as there were plenty horses left that, although not "perfect", would have made some people very happy. He killed them all.

So yes, he's a real nice guy indeed.  ::)

I wouldve killed the horses, but not to protect my own market, I would've done so for their hides and meat. However if people would ask me to stop I surely would have done so. Acting like that becuase you are afraid that it might ruin your own market is, well, ish to do.

I have some foals that I need to cull, and if anyone who missed out on the horses here wants a free one, just send me a forum PM if you would like to come and pick one up. I am on the far eastern side of crystal lake so it may be a long distance for some.  They won't be "great" horses -- they will be only ones I otherwise butcher for meat and hides, but they should have at least three good traits, or even four but with a couple flaws, and might be a nice starter horse for new players who cannot afford to buy horses, and don't mind getting them as foals so they can start working on their animal husbandry skills. I'd actually be happy to find them a nice home with a player who would use them for more than meat & hide.

i did get a nice haul of hi ql hides and meat. i did not start the killing, nor end it. i killed 14 horses not 30 something. i didnt kill a single cow either,,yet theyre all dead too. how is what i did any different from someone showing up and taking all the good items they want in pursuit of profit? first come, first served? anyone who sells horses,whether you want to admit it or not, i just helped you. i realize ive disappointed players looking for an easy score. this was not my intention. and i must say..ive never had any players in wurm do any action that was ish towards me in pursuit of their own endeavors...nope..never. everyone else is a perfect angel and i am satan.........my only hope is that this doesnt ruin the relationships with those ive had good dealings with over the years.

Dude, you got issues. People like you is the reason i hate this community.

Ohh.... Jethro... did you read the original post? Zaae could have just as easily killed them himself, instead left them open so other people could HAVE them, not KILL them. First come, first serve? Might equals right? For your sake, I hope you stay on Freedom forever.

i did get a nice haul of hi ql hides and meat. i did not start the killing, nor end it. i killed 14 horses not 30 something. i didnt kill a single cow either,,yet theyre all dead too. how is what i did any different from someone showing up and taking all the good items they want in pursuit of profit? first come, first served? anyone who sells horses,whether you want to admit it or not, i just helped you. i realize ive disappointed players looking for an easy score. this was not my intention. and i must say..ive never had any players in wurm do any action that was ish towards me in pursuit of their own endeavors...nope..never. everyone else is a perfect angel and i am satan.........my only hope is that this doesnt ruin the relationships with those ive had good dealings with over the years.

This is when you know that someone completely lies.

banshee killed about two horses, so yes he started it. You killed every single one of the cows too, i saw and heard it. You're completely lying to everyone and lying to yourself.

how is what i did any different from someone showing up and taking all the good items they want in pursuit of profit? first come, first served? anyone who sells horses,whether you want to admit it or not, i just helped you. i realize ive disappointed players looking for an easy score. this was not my intention.

He has also told me that he tryed to help out some new guys by giving them some rope so they could take some animals and then was asked if kill off some animals that had Bad Traits so they could pick out he good ones as they could not see Traits yet.

I was not there but I'm pretty sure that one of these stories is not true (or both?) ;D

Why did you tell different stories to us and to your friend ...

Well besides things happened to the horses, I'm pretty sure that many people were helped, thanks to zaaephod.

This thread and it's "event" has run it's course. If anything is to be found at the property, players know it's free for the taking. Locked.