Sign in to follow this  
sethwilliam

Mortal online, wurm online but with better graphics?

ok so  i found this game called mortal online and it looks pretty much the same as wurm except its got way better graphics, gameplay, fighting, and lots of other stuff.

so i would like to hear from some1 who has actually played the game to tell me whether or not its worth playing.

Not sure i read about this game but didnt played it yet, ,aybe its worth a look, but i dont have the time atm. And the real question is, has it all/more features wurm has in depth?

ok so  i found this game called mortal online and it looks pretty much the same as wurm except its got way better graphics, gameplay, fighting, and lots of other stuff.

so i would like to hear from some1 who has actually played the game to tell me whether or not its worth playing.

Its a pertty awsome game, the fight system is twitch based, and the game is setup so that you don't spend too long grinding away your basic skills, instead ya have a  certain number of skill points you can put towards any kind of player build you want.  You get three characters with your account, and its rarely enough slots, with all the ways you can configure a character.

The crafting and hunting are about as intricate as wurm, though no terraform, and the stuff is more nodal bases/object based construction in set locations.   

The big draw, for most people is its combat system.  Its quite like mount in blade, except with skill based modifiers playing a large role, and individual player equipment and pvp skill the deciding factor. 

Equip is easy come, easy go for the most part.  IF ya know what your doing you can make your own armor, and fight in it.  The recipe combinations give unlimited combination, and methods of building your armor and weapons, based on diffrent materials and their properties. 

However I did join an awkward time, during their dawn expansion pack update and they were working out a lot of issues when I left to come back and play wurm again.  It seemed promising but I really only have time for one online game atm. 

Mortal Online, has a very steep learning curve and its advisable to join a clan/guild early on. 

I played the beta, I enjoyed the combat very much. The issue is how long that game is going to survive. I would say....don't put a lot of time into it:)

ok 1 question.

"the fight system is twitch based" im sorry but i don't understand this.

and judging by what most of you guys said im probably not going to buy it.

"the fight system is twitch based" im sorry but i don't understand this.

You click your mouse = you swing your weapon

You move your mouse = you aim your weapon

Basically like any first-person RPG that's out.

When i tried it out ti was soo laggy i couldn't even loot the deer I killed, then suddently saw someone looting it in my place and killing me...

It was promising but that horrible lag simply put me away for good.

I played it in the laggy as balls beta and stole everyones starting hatchets (and anything else on them) and banked it.

Since then I hear they've fixed the lag but removed stealing from other players. Removed my preorder, rustled jimmies, day one pirate, etc.

Thera a free trial now from the looks of it.

I would give it a shot if you haven't already.

well it sounds ok but i still prefer wurm.

question

do you live in a city? like do you have a certain job in the city and stuff etc... get your own house.

No its nothing like wurm... i saw videos of it the terrain is undetailed and mostly the same, its heavily focused on pvp, you cant build stuff(or can you?) or make mines terraform etc... however this is only from reading about it and watching videos i havent tried the game itself

however this is only from reading about it and watching videos i havent tried the game itself

best pre-condition to make statements like this

No its nothing like wurm... i saw videos of it the terrain is undetailed and mostly the same, its heavily focused on pvp, you cant build stuff(or can you?) or make mines terraform etc...

I tried it, even bought the game, but never got into it after the release. It's something you have to try and either like or dislike, i don't think anyone can say it for you. There is housebuilding tho.

No its nothing like wurm... i saw videos of it the terrain is undetailed and mostly the same, its heavily focused on pvp, you cant build stuff(or can you?) or make mines terraform etc... however this is only from reading about it and watching videos i havent tried the game itself

Many of the videos are quite dated.  And tbh there is no reason ya can't try it unless your computer can't support it.  There is a quite generous free trial  and there is talk about making it free to play with level caps like wurm. 

Granted some of the terrain is open plains, etc but you also have your grasslands, jungles, forests, and mountains.    The Jungle is just insanely complicated to navigate and the terrain detail/random effects and stuff is just a bit overwhelming there. 

The biggest difference you will notice is darkness.... its not like what happens when it turns dark in wurm.... its what its like in reality with no streetlights, campfires etc, unless the moon is out.    Its pitch black, you can in actuality use the cover of darkness as a valid mechanic.  Just a word of advice.... DO NOT TRY TO NAVIGATE the jungle at night. 

so how is the gameplay? like how do you earn money? do you live in citys and everyone has jobs like a carpentor or blacksmith, miner, soldier, etc... i would like to find a game where people live in citys,towns,etc... and ahve jobs and they cang et attacked and theirs crime and punishment.

also what is the punisment on wurm on a no pvp server if some1 steals?

so how is the gameplay? like how do you earn money? do you live in citys and everyone has jobs like a carpentor or blacksmith, miner, soldier, etc... i would like to find a game where people live in citys,towns,etc... and ahve jobs and they cang et attacked and theirs crime and punishment.

also what is the punisment on wurm on a no pvp server if some1 steals?

There are several different ways to earn money, some hunt critters and sell the materials to the NPCs for cash, the economy is perrtty decent, and ya can actually make enough to get by. 

Some have full slagger (melts down crap and makes different metals/alloys)  and miner characters.  Professions are pretty exacting and you need an entire character to be a say weaponsmith or armorsmith if you want to unlock all the abilities. 

Your Clan/Guild almost always uses one of the cities in the game as its home base, and their mentality is partly based on their environment they occupy.  They can also own and build their own "towns" at certain spots, at these locations they can build walls around a bunch of house nodes, with a keep and etc. 

Er well stealing isn't exactly something that earns ya alot of money if your like a pickpocket in a city.  You can't drop stuff on the ground or lockpick  your way into other people's houses so not much point in comparing it to wurm in that aspect.  If someone catches you picking pockets, you can see them do the action, but its first person like wurm so your field of vision is narrow enough someone can come up behind you and pickpocket ya while afk, etc.  They get flagged if you catch them by shoving them away, and you can call the town guards on them which will kill them instantly. 

The pvp works off of a flag system,  you start off with a blue flag for being a good boy and not attacking anyone else with a blue flag.  You attack someone or steal, that flag turns gray, and blue players that attack gray flags do not get their own flags gray.  That is so you can defend yourself, without penalty. A gray flag will go back to blue in a few min if your not attacking someone and wait a bit 

When you kill enough people your flag turns red and it does take a while to go back to gray/blue, can be several RL days in some cases.  Anyone can attack a red flagged player without penalty at any time, or call guards on them in towns that have them. 

The crafting system is very complex, while its not like step intensive or anything when you craft weapons or armor you use materials with different properties, using a character that has all its  abilities unlocked you can build different types of stuff depending on the crafter.  Balancing the different material types vs the weight/quality you use in each item is important, especially with weapons where you need fine balance between weight and strength with swords and stuff or a special balance of properties in a bow that gives you the desired performance, in the way it shoots. 

You can save recipes , and with many players these are closely guarded secrets.  Many players custom build weapons for individual people, the weapons designed to work with the skill set and fighting style that player uses.  The game is heavily based on a "figure it out" mentality and while there are some very common ways to pvp, some find an alternative that works for them and go with it.   

If your not a PvPer, I won't say you won't enjoy the game but you won't get the most out of it.  The combat system is very fast paced, and you are very easily killed until you learn to keep yourself alive on the fly, and still sometimes ya bite the dust out of sheer bad luck.  Arms/Armor in many cases are rather inexpensive once you find a way to earn income or you make some of your own gear. 

Can you max out every profession with a single char, or are you capped only to a cerain amoutn of profession skills you can have in this game?

however this is only from reading about it and watching videos i havent tried the game itself

best pre-condition to make statements like this

No its nothing like wurm... i saw videos of it the terrain is undetailed and mostly the same, its heavily focused on pvp, you cant build stuff(or can you?) or make mines terraform etc...

When i tried it out ti was soo laggy i couldn't even loot the deer I killed, then suddently saw someone looting it in my place and killing me...

It was promising but that horrible lag simply put me away for good.

Whats the point of even posting something against it until you actually try the game? 

As for Iulianx I never had any problems with lag when I played, and I also did a ton of hunting, unless your stupid enough to hunt in areas populated by PKs you will be fine.  Also, you typically make enough while hunting to buy the bow.  If you craft your own armor as well, being killed and looted really isn't a big deal. 

The reason why I stopped playing was that one thing.  You can't terraform.  The combat system was really enjoyable once I got on the end that dished out pain instead of receiving it, but I just started to miss wurm. 

I ve seen pictures looks amazing acc. wurm and more races great idea...

and player looks different depend what they wearing ,def.  ill test it

But payment is too much  67,5 Euro for 6 month 

I ve seen pictures looks amazing acc. wurm and more races great idea...

and player looks different depend what they wearing ,def.  ill test it

But payment is too much  67,5 Euro for 6 month

Yea have to agree with ya on that.  That price was fine when the game was released, but since then MMOs have gone Free to play or really lowered their price schemes.  I have to say it fair, for what you get for the most part, but considering the game's steep learning curve, its appeal to only certain types of gamers they really need to go from talking about releasing the game FtP to actually doing it.   

sounds ok but if it doesn't have all the features of wurm guess im not buying it.

It's nice, but not worth 15€ or whatever's the price now per month.  If it would be cheaper, or, even better, free to play- I'd play it.

PvP is nice, never had any problems with lags.  Sucks that you have to make 3 or 4 characters to be actually self-sufficient. Would be better if you could be a joat, like in wurm. If Wurm would get MO's fighting system and graphics it would be the best game EVER.