Emi

Why was the Capybara art removed?

I helped conceptually create this PMK, and the art. I also created their discord channel, I was at one point a high ranking member. Regardless I had nothing to do with kingdom sales. We had a rule where we would not sell our artwork unless it was for kingdom funds and you would need to of contacted Nahjocheese, Egard or Silakka for them. We sold barley any. Sometime during late summer or early fall I was being accused by Silakka for making PMK merch, and he was getting annoyed by it. I was creating some but I never sold any of it. Haven't since it's all freedom merch now and completely useless. I don't care if you don't believe me either. I respected the rules even if I was making a lot of personal stuff.

So I was coming back to chaos from a dragon slaying and was crossing the servers erratically trying to get the Capybara location right. I'm not that good at crossing servers anyways, they ousted me from the kingdom after a couple hops. When I asked he said I was spamming merch. I wasn't.... and the kingdom basically fell apart after that. Long story short. They lost Cheese who was basically a shotcaller and one of the best active pvpers on chaos. The house of cards fell after that and others left to join Panda to play with Guvna who is also one of the best pvpers on chaos. It was only Egard, Silakka left that actively pvped. I joined Orca with Cheese and have been with them since. Chaos is basically in a decline as we all wait for the merge to happen now. Today Capybara disbanded and they made a new pmk called Order of the Dragon.

Let me just state I do think the game should support permissions to prevent this kind of behavior though. Chaos is a strange beast and the players are often a really paranoid lot. Removing players or ousting them is kind of stupid. Take a look at this thread and show some support to it if you want:

A lot of you probably don't understand or care about this context, or you hate pvp and drama you can simply close or ignore this thread if you want. However if you care at all its kind of important for this question: "why was the capybara art removed?" and "why did they disband today to make a new pmk???"

I've asked a few times to different members who honestly are all giving me responses like ("we don't play, we don't care, its none of your business etc") all reasonable fair responses maybe to a normal pve player...  but I put time and effort into this kingdom, help create it even. You told me yesterday you don't play and I find out you made a brand new pmk today? Well then. I don't get it. "its not your business" is what they told me.

I helped create the art with others I asked those that helped with the art and they don't understand why it was removed either. I didn't ask for them to remove it, nor did they. As far as I know there was no copyright issues. I found out today they fully disbanded the kingdom.

Do you know several people who bought from them didn't get any compensation or refunds? That's really harsh and messed up.

This is a PSA, I don't recommend buying art from kingdoms that do this. Or best bet is make sure they have a sales thread first if you can't resist buying.

I hate making threads like this but I think people deserve to know what happened.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

That's a good post and i'm looking for some action.

As me and Sappiro were bidding together on Capybara's auction and spent on it 146s we both feel scammed. There are also three other people that got some stuff from me. Maybe they also want to say something.

@Khaleesi

@bunnlose

@Stargrace

• Like 3

Hi all, I am part of Capybara Sultanate, and the task has fallen on me to address this issue as Silakka is unable to post on the forum and Egard is not currently available in full capacity. For this reason I’ve been able to see the screenshots that led to the reason the graphics were pulled. We initially wanted to keep this drama free and work on getting replacement graphics in as to not create a big fuss, however that hasn’t worked out.

Messages were sent to members of the kingdom by Emi that stated that she, the one who made these graphics, no longer gave us permission to use them. Not wanting to fall foul of rules like some previous groups did, the decision was made for the removal to protect ourselves. With the disbandment that’s impending, due to our intention to not really play any more, we’re waiting to hear from Saroman if an update to the graphics can be made even with the kingdom gone. The decision to remove the graphics wasn't taken lightly, we all feel attached to them and do like them, however we didn't feel safe or comfortable keeping them. Using the rights to use the graphics as a sort of sword of Damocles over our heads was enough to force our hand to the decision. If the removal of the graphics is going to be weaponised against us, we feel it's only fair we defend ourselves by showing our rationale.

I will provide screenshots that show this issue for what it is. The first screenshot dates from the 2nd of this month, and the second screenshot from today after a new PMK was formed. We felt screenshots of the offending messages to be necessary due to a tendency for those messages to then be deleted by their author. Regardless of if the messages are deleted, it’s unsettling to get those statements due to things like player bans happening in the past for similar problems. You'll also see the tone of the messages which tend to come across as either threatening or demanding. This has been a longer standing issue and part of the escalation that lead to the removal of Emi from the kingdom.

I have also seen PM's between Egard and Saroman that enforces our intent to have replacement graphics even before the graphics were removed or it was even said they'd allow the removal. These haven't been included due to it being a PM with a staff member.

I hope this clarifies the issue and prevents any additional issues. We understand the upset and frustration it has caused and work on new graphics is happening. No ETA as the person is working at their own time and pace, but so long as Saroman allows us to replace the graphics, we will do our best to do so.

Discord PM's:

Spoiler

2nd of Jan 2024

NSD1kCY.png

23rd of Jan 2024

wKN2pZb.png

• Like 16
  • Cat 1

i don't understand.....pvp is a war zone, right?   can't kingdoms disband and make new ones whenever they want?   if it is in the game code for all of this to happen then i don't see how any rules have been broken.

also, something to learn in the future is a contract needs to be made between an artist and the kingdom that they are created art for to stop this happening.  just put all of the terms and also terms of stopping using the artwork in a contract before any work is done to stop drama.  the contract is there.   if people do not like what is in the contract then the art would not get delivered and instead you go to a new artist.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

Hi all, I am part of Capybara Sultanate, and the task has fallen on me to address this issue as Silakka is unable to post on the forum and Egard is not currently available in full capacity. For this reason I’ve been able to see the screenshots that led to the reason the graphics were pulled. We initially wanted to keep this drama free and work on getting replacement graphics in as to not create a big fuss, however that hasn’t worked out.

Messages were sent to members of the kingdom by Emi that stated that she, the one who made these graphics, no longer gave us permission to use them. Not wanting to fall foul of rules like some previous groups did, the decision was made for the removal to protect ourselves. With the disbandment that’s impending, due to our intention to not really play any more, we’re waiting to hear from Saroman if an update to the graphics can be made even with the kingdom gone. The decision to remove the graphics wasn't taken lightly, we all feel attached to them and do like them, however we didn't feel safe or comfortable keeping them. Using the rights to use the graphics as a sort of sword of Damocles over our heads was enough to force our hand to the decision. If the removal of the graphics is going to be weaponised against us, we feel it's only fair we defend ourselves by showing our rationale.

I will provide screenshots that show this issue for what it is. The first screenshot dates from the 2nd of this month, and the second screenshot from today after a new PMK was formed. We felt screenshots of the offending messages to be necessary due to a tendency for those messages to then be deleted by their author. Regardless of if the messages are deleted, it’s unsettling to get those statements due to things like player bans happening in the past for similar problems. You'll also see the tone of the messages which tend to come across as either threatening or demanding. This has been a longer standing issue and part of the escalation that lead to the removal of Emi from the kingdom.

I have also seen PM's between Egard and Saroman that enforces our intent to have replacement graphics even before the graphics were removed or it was even said they'd allow the removal. These haven't been included due to it being a PM with a staff member.

I hope this clarifies the issue and prevents any additional issues. We understand the upset and frustration it has caused and work on new graphics is happening. No ETA as the person is working at their own time and pace, but so long as Saroman allows us to replace the graphics, we will do our best to do so.

Discord PM's:

Reveal hidden contents

2nd of Jan 2024

NSD1kCY.png

23rd of Jan 2024

wKN2pZb.png

Capybara, has been in contact with appropriate staff and will continue to be. Madnath stated very well the situation on behalf of the kingdom. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for sharing about this. I know there are many who have capybara merch who were very concerned about their blank items, hopefully something can be sorted out.

• Like 1

Seeing as how there was a response from someone representing Capybara Sultanate explaining their reasoning, this will be closed. If you have any further questions, I am sure they would be more than happy to answer them in DM. 

• Like 2