Ostentatio

Resource Nodes Public Testing

So if i am growing corn there should be no issue having a flower node pop on it ?

Overiding what i plant .

8 hours ago, Damascus said:

So if i am growing corn there should be no issue having a flower node pop on it ?

Overiding what i plant .

Most resource node types won't appear on crops, but resource nodes don't really have any effect on the tile anyway, so you would be fine.

• Like 4

I think there was a part where these nodes will appear in bundles and disappear if nobody gather them over some time, does that happen if a player is in local?

Is it possible to go toward or look at a node and see it vanish before gathering is possible?

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Is it possible to go toward or look at a node and see it vanish before gathering is possible?

Yes saw that happen on test, node vanished before i got to it.

Edit: Was during Autumn.

Edited by Hailiah

Not able to test 'Monster Camps' btw, no creature spawners on test, also cant seem to fight anything.

Edited by Hailiah

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

I think there was a part where these nodes will appear in bundles and disappear if nobody gather them over some time, does that happen if a player is in local?

Nodes spawning or despawning is not affected in any way by player presence of lack thereof.

Not sure what you mean by "in bundles", would you mind clarifying?

Question about gloves: Does rarity matter? And if so, how does it distribute between rare/plain. supreme/plain, supreme/rare etc.?

• Like 1

I don't know if this was already covered, but previously when you rolled < 1 you'd get an item with damage and no skill. 

This system seems to have it a little differently, as I got this error message:

[20:14:50] You find some stone shards, but your unskilled handling causes some damage.

But upon looking, the stone was 15ql with 1 damage

66x58y7.png

Is that intended? I can't see the skill rolls for this skill

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

I don't know if this was already covered, but previously when you rolled < 1 you'd get an item with damage and no skill. 

This system seems to have it a little differently, as I got this error message:

[20:14:50] You find some stone shards, but your unskilled handling causes some damage.

But upon looking, the stone was 15ql with 1 damage

66x58y7.png

Is that intended? I can't see the skill rolls for this skill

Rolling a failure reduces the quality (instead of adding some, which a success does) and gives some damage to the resulting item. This is intentional.

Is there a chance to allow us gather from the nodes while mounted? And why not?

On 11/22/2023 at 4:33 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

things heating up in the foraging fandom lol

what does a "Monster Camp" node do? couldn't find any on test and goblin/troll spawners aren't exactly common

will removing the old foraging system effect archaeology tile polling as they're linked iirc

is the rarity chance being divided by how many items you've already found being removed/rarity chance being changed with the lower nodes?

will there be a way to opt out of snow on mountains on deed?

Old questions, but I think I missed them so I'll answer them now:

1. Monster Camp nodes use Foraging skill and have an odd assortment of goods you might expect trolls or goblins to have where they've set up shop (or that they've snatched from unsuspecting humans). They will be pretty uncommon in practice, since they only show up when trolls and goblins spawn from their spawner items.
  2. Archeology hasn't been touched in any way by this update.
  3. Rarity chance is still based on the player's rarity window and hasn't been changed, so it should work fundamentally the same as it did in the old system. Same for rare coins.
  4. There is a village setting now to prevent the spawning of resource nodes within your settlement, as long as you have a spirit templar to act as groundskeeper.
  • Like 2

Will there be an answer to my question about gloves?

Edit: Thanks, Tor.

Edited by Ekcin

17 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Will there be an answer to my question about gloves?

Rarity doesn't matter, it's in the release notes somewhere in the middle of this thread.

6 hours ago, Tor said:

Is there a chance to allow us gather from the nodes while mounted? And why not?

bump

Wulfmaer found that skill gain on test server did not differ significantly from that on the existing system in production.

Now:

If that is the case, skill gain will be less with resource nodes.

And again about snowballs. It is confirmed that "old style" snowball collection will be destroyed. No more collection from tiles. Instead sparsely distributed "snow piles", yielding 3 snowballs each.

Recently: from w4 silence to w2 diamond 1 snowball on every tile of tundra, slabs, steppe, lawn (up to 3/4 ql99) 2-3 snowballs on grass and trees, mostly lower ql. But ql does not matter for larders.

As it looks, it needs running/driving frantically to get the 100 snowballs for a larder. Especially when nodes are farther from one another than on test.

Additionally: In the old scheme, every player, even a fresh noob, could collect ql99 on the appropriate tiles. Now they will be nerfed to their foraging (botanizing?) skill.

No nerf, of course.

3 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

mostly lower ql. But ql does not matter for larders.

3 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Now they will be nerfed to their foraging (botanizing?) skill.

No nerf, of course.

If ql doesn't matter for larders, it's not an issue

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Wulfmaer found that skill gain on test server did not differ significantly from that on the existing system in production.

Now:

If that is the case, skill gain will be less with resource nodes.

I don't know where Tristanc got this impression, but it is not true.

53 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Additionally: In the old scheme, every player, even a fresh noob, could collect ql99 on the appropriate tiles. Now they will be nerfed to their foraging (botanizing?) skill.

No?

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

And again about snowballs. It is confirmed that "old style" snowball collection will be destroyed. No more collection from tiles. Instead sparsely distributed "snow piles", yielding 3 snowballs each.

Recently: from w4 silence to w2 diamond 1 snowball on every tile of tundra, slabs, steppe, lawn (up to 3/4 ql99) 2-3 snowballs on grass and trees, mostly lower ql. But ql does not matter for larders.

As it looks, it needs running/driving frantically to get the 100 snowballs for a larder. Especially when nodes are farther from one another than on test.

No nerf, of course.

Incorrect the snowballs are not nerfed to forage/bot skill, so no, not nerfed, in fact better.

Set to 60 skill on the test server, in Spring im getting high ql snowballs still, 80 to over 90ql.

I also said this in a pervious post here, the snowball cap has been raised from 99.00ql to probably 100ql and on average im getting higher ql snowballs compared to our current system.

Lowest snowball ql I got on test during Winter was 60ish ql, lowest im getting now on live is about 20ish ql.

We can also gather snowballs from tiles that we couldn't gather them from before, sand for example.

Os said I believe, that its now 4 snowballs per pile during Winter, raised from 3.

Yes snowball quality matters, for cooking, Ice cream & sorbet, etc. making.

Just to clarify this, collecting snow does not depend on any skill, in any way.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 9:54 PM, Lisimba said:

(on which glove to use for the enchants)

I would expect it to use both.

From a "realism" perspective, yes, it would make more sense that you need both enchants on both gloves to make full use of them, but from a balancing perspective that makes it an odd one out as you only need one of each enchant on something for pretty much every other skill. Best of either glove means you only need one of each enchant again.

This came up again in the other thread.

I'm fine with needing an enchant for max skill gain, but needing two is a bit much. Can you make it so it uses the most powerful enchant on either glove, instead of the average? That way you can enchant both if you want, but you only really need one enchanted.

Another option is to make it so you can activate one of your gloves as a tool, then that's the one you'd want enchanted. And if you don't have a glove activated it should still work but not benefit from any enchants, so people without gear aren't stuck.

• Like 2

Nodes have popped up all over my market deed, making it look untidy.  The settlement management feature to remove nodes from your village requires 1 spirit guard to be hired :(  Effectively this is expecting deed owners to *pay more*  just to keep their deeds the same as they were.   This strikes as a cash grab with deed owners penalised.  Please remove the need for a spirit templar - we shouldn't have to pay to keep our deeds clean of clutter.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Muse said:

Nodes have popped up all over my market deed, making it look untidy.  The settlement management feature to remove nodes from your village requires 1 spirit guard to be hired :(  Effectively this is expecting deed owners to *pay more*  just to keep their deeds the same as they were.   This strikes as a cash grab with deed owners penalised.  Please remove the need for a spirit templar - we shouldn't have to pay to keep our deeds clean of clutter.

Thats what I wrote somewhere else as well, was ignored.

I would kindly request that paved tiles, lawn, etc. - any tile thats not grass or "natural" in any way would not spawn the nodes.

Snow ones are fine I guess, snow piling up on pavement makes it more wintery which is okay (I think).

Or, make the option to have your deed cleaned of nodes free.

Edited by Milkdrop
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Milkdrop said:

Thats what I wrote somewhere else as well, was ignored.

I am sorry your warnings were overlooked Milkdrop.

I admit I didn't appreciate the extent of the problem until I looked around my market after the update today.  Hopefully the Devs will correct the problem, because it's obviously wrong to make deed owners pay more just to keep the same clean deed.

Well when those with high skill are penalized I do not wonder that deed owners are. Maybe there will be something in the silver shop to increase skill gain for high forage/botanizing too soon.