Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

please change the alt casters in separate kingdoms rule

currently the rule is you cannot use a vpn to bypass using your own characters that are stuck in mines and in a different kingdom because of poor design choices that require every kingdom to have alts to cast spells their main kingdoms cannot

i would like to see this revised as its a pain in the nuggets to have to log off of the characters i am paying premium for in order to login to other characters that i pay premium for in order to be unable to play the other set of characters while im casting, thanks

• Like 6

Or allow for pmk's to have both BL and WL and let template kingdoms on the pvp servers to be restricted.

Copy paste the freedom code into pmk issue solved:)

It fits with "the lore" aswell is a player made kingdom you already pay a gold and need to have 30 toons to make one why not allow the players decision to play together be the only restriction to them?

• Like 3

2 PCs, one on home wi-fi, another one tethering internet off the phone.. problem solved, no rules are breached, no VPNs used lmao

or maybe you could just not try to cheat, problem solved.

i suggest people confessing to breaking the game rules in the forums be banned.

4 hours ago, Tpikol said:

or maybe you could just not try to cheat, problem solved.

i suggest people confessing to breaking the game rules in the forums be banned.

its not against the rules to have enemy kingdom toons, please practice your reading comprehension befire accusations lol

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

its not against the rules to have enemy kingdom toons, please practice your reading comprehension befire accusations lol

This. Only way it's against the rules if he uses it to spy/grief enemy deeds with it. But overall yeah +1 to this suggestion. 

Where in the rules does it say you can't log into 2 different kingdoms at once? Was it written somewhere else or something?

"Cross-Kingdom PvP Meta Gaming

You may not use an avatar of a different kingdom for PvP-related activities. (Kingdom titles, Champhood, Kinghood, Deed Draining, PVP itself)"

I don't see casting in a cave far from any action as PvP related, and VPNs are not forbidden right?

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

you learn to read, why would you need a vpn to bypass anything if its not against the rules? i know people being expected to follow the spirit of the rules and not just the letter in this game is just a dream of mine, and will never happen. but it would be nice.

20 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

you learn to read, why would you need a vpn to bypass anything if its not against the rules?

there's literally nothing in it that says you can't be in two kingdoms and you do not need a vpn to be in an enemy kingdom, you're allowed to log out of your main to log into an enemy kingdom toon. it has been ruled by gm's many times to not be against the rules to be in two kingdoms, as long as you're not pvping against a kingdom you also pvp in (if you PVP in A and B, you can fight C on either of those toons, but fighting A on B or B on A is against the rules. Having a caster alt does not count as pvping in a kingdom).

the suggestion is to remove the no vpn rule (it's technically not even listed in the official rules, it's in an enki post from two years ago which may or may not even be enforced anymore due to change in HGM) so you can log in both at once.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

14 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

there's literally nothing in it that says you can't be in two kingdoms and you do not need a vpn to be in an enemy kingdom, you're allowed to log out of your main to log into an enemy kingdom toon. it has been ruled by gm's many times to not be against the rules to be in two kingdoms, as long as you're not pvping against a kingdom you also pvp in (if you PVP in A and B, you can fight C on either of those toons, but fighting A on B or B on A is against the rules. Having a caster alt does not count as pvping in a kingdom).

the suggestion is to remove the no vpn rule (it's technically not even listed in the official rules, it's in an enki post from two years ago which may or may not even be enforced anymore due to change in HGM) so you can log in both at once.

Referring to this?

15 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

so you agree with me but somehow think you dont.

if the  the rule that doesn't allow using the same ip on different kingdoms is bad and shouldn't exist, ask for that to changed, dont ask for a way to ignore it using vpns.

Been wanting that IP rule removed since the day it was implemented. The hard-coded implementation in particular was a wonky royal pain, thankfully some of it was fixed over the years.

Enchant balance was a whole other ballgame... even after the multiple overhauls and balance tweaks since then. Wasn't a particular fan of the BL nerfs though.

However pvp toxicity is what it is, so doubt the rule going away anytime soon, especially after so many years. Afterall the rule was established in better times.

Not losing any sleep over it now.

i dont have a stake on if that rule stays or goes, but if you care about pvp(i dont) having rules that exist but you can ignore if you know how, makes it less likely for people to get into pvp than either having or not having those rules in a way that applies to everybody. not just people who can figure out how to ignore them.

2 hours ago, Tpikol said:

i dont have a stake on if that rule stays or goes, but if you care about pvp(i dont) having rules that exist but you can ignore if you know how, makes it less likely for people to get into pvp than either having or not having those rules in a way that applies to everybody. not just people who can figure out how to ignore them.

The amount of ignorance you hold is astounding. The vpn thing was added as an insight for spying. Even from the start of it we were allowed to have caster alts. Also if you don't care about pvp why even comment on a pvp related post? And people call the pvp community toxic.

15 minutes ago, Atndy said:

The amount of ignorance you hold is astounding. The vpn thing was added as an insight for spying. Even from the start of it we were allowed to have caster alts.

again this doesnt contradict anything i said, so you are just violently agreeing with me.

15 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Also if you don't care about pvp why even comment on a pvp related post? And people call the pvp community toxic.

i dont care about atracting more player to pvp, but i do care about rules making sense. you want to talk about toxic? just look at how everybody who replied to this topic assumes that ignoring rules is the standard procedure everybody uses and not being able to understand how that is a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

again this doesnt contradict anything i said, so you are just violently agreeing with me.

i dont care about atracting more player to pvp, but i do care about rules making sense. you want to talk about toxic? just look at how everybody who replied to this topic assumes that ignoring rules is the standard procedure everybody uses and not being able to understand how that is a bad thing.

Again you are shining ignorance. The vpn issue was caused by a dev trying to fix a different issue. And then the dev left the community leaving the broken mechanic for us to deal with. No one is breaking any rules. We are allowed to have a bl caster alts as well and bl is allowed to wl caster alts. 

No where am i agreeing with you. Vpns are not against the rules. You are simply misinformed and pointing fingers at something you don't even begin to understand. 

using vpns for the purpose stated on this topic is against the rules, thats why this topic is asking for that to change. try reading the OP.

if its broken why ask to keep it broken? instead of asking for the root of the issue to be fixed?

Let's stay on topic. If you want to have an off-topic discussion, take it to DM's.

Regard's

Brattygirl (LFM)

8 hours ago, Tpikol said:

using vpns for the purpose stated on this topic is against the rules, thats why this topic is asking for that to change. try reading the OP.

if its broken why ask to keep it broken? instead of asking for the root of the issue to be fixed?

They need to add it to the rules page, I legit never knew about that thread, to me if the rule isn't in the rule page I'm not paying any attention to any rumored rules.  Expecting players to trawl through forums to find threads to find rules is utter failure of player management. 
At the very least additional rules should be in their own thread and linked to from the rules page. 

Edited by Omar