jaytoo

Rift Update Testing

Also, when you spend whole day attaching over 80% of materials to colosus hoping you will get journal goal and some prick comes and finishes last few bricks while you're recovering from rift sickness that sucks a lot. either remove that completing rift colosus count as journal goal instead of normal colosus or award it to person who attached the most, or give to all who attached above some treshhold, or remove rift sickness so it's fair competition

• Like 1

Is there any plan for feedback mechanic on what's the current rift-sickness or how fast it decays/resets/? //or separating colossus sicknesses per colossus type?

There's no indication to work with.. other than trying another piece and failing instantly to figure - oh yea.. it's pointless to do anything now, lets afk for an hour or leave.(?any plans to add activity for the downtime, since this is added as feature?)

There's no event message to show reset of the sickness or spell effects status to track it, the only way to figure if we should build or run away/afk is the creation % chance on a colossus as it dynamically changes.

A status icon / spell effects icon for Rift Sickness would be extremely helpful.

Great stuff BTW!

• Like 3

Just to mention, there was feedback by Jaytoo in the Server Bugs forum:

Thanks for, though it did not make me happy :). Anyway, it could be considered to make rift sickness healable, resetting to not being rift sick. It might require a "heal" spell, and maybe have a cooldown of an hour or so, so that the benefit of casting it would be limited compared to just resting. At start of the "grace period" that would be utterly sensible. Mind that not all players have many hours to play at a time.

imo +1 for 24/24h sickness and not.. will allow the players to do more colossuses, last 12 are not that much time on old cluster at least, where players aren't all packed on 1-2 small maps or incentivized to all gank on the event to get most of it(I imagine on nfi it's way more interesting to do this because of the limited server amount);

I assume the sickness is a bug.. if it was accumulated before the last hours where there's no such.. and it remains or keeps scaling up as long there's any amount on the player already, we still lack feedback for it like icon on screen or value in spell-effects as negative effect; having the sickness once the timer permits building without it is putting the players at disadvantage currently.(unsure if it scales up; remains or fades normally)

18 hours ago, jaytoo said:

It's designed to reduce normally if you have some before the 12 hours so you don't get an advantage by starting prior to the 12 hours. The messages could be removed after the 12h mark though for better clarity. After we ship an update you will be able to check your rift sickness by using the /rift command.

Any chance for UI tracking in the future? ( as in no commands, it's old school interaction )

With the small amount of people participating in rifts it is hardly possible to build 4 colossus in the 12 hrs. With the current state how quick rift sickness  kicks in and how severe it is it is a waste of time and mats to even go there early and try and build even one

colossus. You can't even add 50 mats before you need to take a break to get rift of the rift sickness.

Think about it. To build all 4 colossi you need to add 8k mats. so in 12 hrs you need to add the 8k mats. that is roughly 11 per minute working non stop( that does not factor in the high failure rate) and after that you still need to do the actual rift that could also last a few hours. Specially if the rift is during the week and/or very late at night it is just not possible for players to spend that much time without taking a break. 

If you have 4 people getting there early to try and build the colossi it is a lot specially on a large server like Xanadu. In reality it is max 2 maybe 3.  Then each of the 4 people spend 6 hours working it still about 6 mats per minute per person again excluding failures.

I wonder what numbers the Devs used to estimate that 12 hours is enough to build 4 colossi and if the current numbers of people that participate in rifts was even considered.

What would be crucial would be making points gathered during colossus build count for the journal's 100 rifts goal. That would be a strong incentive for players to join colossus building even when unable to participate in rift fight.

• Like 3

what about local resource nodes(clay/rocks) spawning around the colossuses at high ql(80-100) so players with decent skill can gather resource on the spot instead of bringing a wagon to work on the colossus.. 

raising clay and lowering brick amount, since bricks take considerably more time and are harder to get at decent ql without imbued pickaxe/chisel, still take 2x more time to gain the resource and it's impossible to enchant

For anyone still checking in here:

The 12h build period before the rift where no sickness is applied isn't being balanced against one person trying to complete them all it's more to the idea of 10 people being able to finish a few of them up in just a couple hours before the rift. It's not intended to be scaled so that they will all be finished each time. I'd much rather there be some building still available vs all of it be gone to allow more space for builders to get points even on somewhat populated servers.

The legacy artisan rings losing charge are a problem I'll try to figure out an elegant way to resolve. If what I've found is correct then after a bug fix they will receive charge based on how much time was left at around the time of the update. Don't worry about if you have charged them since then as it will just stack on top of what charge it has (if any). This will happen at the same time as renaming them all to not be called used or depleted anymore (But will not be this incoming patch).

It's my intention to diversify the colossus requirements to be stuff other than just brick and clay but I don't know how long that will take to implement as I've been circling back for bugs and sadly my time is a bit more limited these days.

I've been looking at implementing a spell icon but due to how the rift power degrades being unique and that the effects are server specific, not impacted by logout etc.. it was getting very complicated to be kept up to date on individual clients. For the time being I've added a line to the /rift readout that just tells you your sickness at that moment.

Also i've dialed libila's spawn increase down, added a function to break a gem out of a socketed ring with a hammer and other changes and bugs fixed I can't recall right now. They should hopefully be released from testing in the upcoming patch.

• Like 2

@jaytooWas there a decision against allowing building regular colossi as follower of a different god than the colossus you are intend to build? I thought that mechanic was plannedfor regular colossi as well? I really want to build a Libby colossus for my priest but would have to switch religions just for that with my crafter.

4 hours ago, Bekador said:

Was there a decision against allowing building regular colossi as follower of a different god than the colossus you are intend to build? I thought that mechanic was plannedfor regular colossi as well? I really want to build a Libby colossus for my priest but would have to switch religions just for that with my crafter.

It is already released that anyone can continue. Someone of that religion will have to start the colossus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaytoo said:

The 12h build period before the rift where no sickness is applied isn't being balanced against one person trying to complete them all it's more to the idea of 10 people being able to finish a few of them up in just a couple hours before the rift. It's not intended to be scaled so that they will all be finished each time. I'd much rather there be some building still available vs all of it be gone to allow more space for builders to get points even on somewhat populated servers.

I am fully aware it is not balanced for 1 person to build them all, but your point does not translate into reality where very few people actually attend rifts and a lot less actually help building the colossi.

if the rift is on a week evening some people will go there the day before so that they are on site for the rift. So even if they made the effort to go early they can't really help building because of rift sickness is so severe.

By extending the 12h build period to 24h more people would have the opportunity to get something out of the rift. Specially for working people during the week when the rift is in the early morning of a work day.

The current system seems to "punish" the few that is there because the rest of the server could not make it or just not interested in building.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, KillerSpike said:

If you have 4 people getting there early to try and build the colossi it is a lot specially on a large server like Xanadu. In reality it is max 2 maybe 3.  Then each of the 4 people spend 6 hours working it still about 6 mats per minute per person again excluding failures.

On Xanadu how often were al 4 colossi built? I could not make the last Xanada rift because of RL issues but I was told only 2 were build and the 2nd one was barely done before the rift started. I did help building the Fo colossus until it was time for me to go.

It was myself, Ekcin and one other that was there a day early and started the work on the Fo one. There were less than 10 people at the actual rift. Many want to be summoned in shot time before the rift and just do the fighting.

Anyway, I think I said enough to state my case.

Bit disappointing that the recent patch (24 Oct) had some rift changes, but still rift points gained by colossus building do not count towards journal 100 rifts goal. Reasonably something like gain of 50 or 100 points by colossus building should suffice to add to the journal goal. In my opinion, there should be only 1 advance not 2 when the player participates in rift combat. 

• Like 2

I personally see no issue with the current system. On Cadence this most recent Rift, I was there the day it spawned and was attaching resources to it without issue. Sickness would go down significantly every couple of hours, thus making it entirely feasible to contribute to the colossi even with only having 52 masonry to start with. 

By the time Rift Sickness wore off, there were 3 steady contributors at the site working on the colossi, and I had gotten mine half done by then. After sickness wore off the three of us and intermittently one or two others worked to finish 3 of the 4 colossi within 4 hours. The only reason we didn't finish the last one (Lib) is because nobody else was coming to help, and we didn't want to extend the Rift on patch day in case it ended up interfering with downtime.  It's entirely possible for 4 people to completely build all of the colossi within the allotted timeframe. 

Need I mention the benefits of building them as well? At the end I had gained over 400 Rift points, boosted my Masonry from 52 to 58, and gathered close to 100 various Rift mats. 

Extending the no sickness period to 24 hours is entirely unnecessary, unless you are expecting them to be built by one/two people. Perhaps if one would plan ahead and make decent quality colossus bricks to transport to the site ahead of time, they would be easier to finish instead of everyone thinking that appearing last minute and making materials on the spot is the answer.

Yes, sickness is annoying, it's a deterrent to make sure that multiple people are able to contribute to the site if they want to before a high skill person comes along and forces them all to completion. Even had I quit before the sickness wore off, I still would have walked away with close to 200 rift points and 50 Rift mats, and really damn good skill.

7 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Bit disappointing that the recent patch (24 Oct) had some rift changes, but still rift points gained by colossus building do not count towards journal 100 rifts goal. Reasonably something like gain of 50 or 100 points by colossus building should suffice to add to the journal goal. In my opinion, there should be only 1 advance not 2 when the player participates in rift combat. 

Change the 100 rifts to 10000 points (or whatever), incentivises doing well in the rift or making colossi as an alternative

• Like 4

[19:52:39] You start hammering the "Silakka Woz Hear".
[19:52:43] You have a moment of inspiration...
[19:52:43] You improve the "Silakka Woz Hear" a bit.
[19:52:43] The "Silakka Woz Hear" could be improved with a log.
[19:52:43] The "Silakka Woz Hear" doesn't need repairing.
[19:52:48] A small sailing boat that will accommodate five people. It is locked with a lock of fantastic quality. It is made from lingonberrywood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 94.216736, Dam: 0.0. The name of the owner, Masterentaro, has been etched in the stern.
[19:52:48] You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Jothebard'.
[19:52:48] A copper rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will have a higher chance to be successfully improved (7.5%)
[19:53:01] When worn this bracelet will ensure a moment of inspiration will be successful when improving an item.

are bracelets of inspiration not supposed to work on pvp servers @jaytoo? i mean i can sail over to freedom and imp it there so thats super dumb

On 10/25/2023 at 2:57 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

are bracelets of inspiration not supposed to work on pvp servers

On 10/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, FallenKnight said:

and what about socketed rings? they working on pvp as well?

No, rift rewards continue to be disabled on pvp servers. We however make an exception and enabled artisan rings this time around.

38 minutes ago, Derp said:

Should artisan necklaces be rechargeable? 

Artisan necklaces did not make it into the rework timeframe for this release. So they are not rechargeable.

a question to the 20 participation points for the Warmaster.

Although always hitting him 5-6 times in 50% of the cases I do not get the 20pts. Consequently missing some rift shop points. Are there any rules for the Warmaster rather than just hitting him successfully ?