Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

On 8/8/2023 at 9:22 PM, Warlander said:

I have a question to all of you: what do you think about input smoothness?

1. I like it (there is input smoothness on most inputs in DeedPlanner 3 right now)

2. I dislike it (it's how most inputs work in DeedPlanner 2

Just two options, because I want to grasp general attitude towards it in a tool like DeedPlanner. I'm asking because I'm planning some changes to input system in the following days that will change how all inputs in DP3 work, and have an option to either keep smoothness as is, remove it or make it optional (making it optional still means deciding what default that most people are likely to stick with is, through).

My personal opinion in spoiler:

Hide contents

Personally I like it and would prefer to keep it at around the level it is now, some very mild input smoothness makes the program more pleasant to use in my opinion.

1. things work great so far for me. been a deed plannerholic lately

On 8/3/2023 at 7:37 PM, Warlander said:

XCkd2Pg.png

Some bridges anyone? 👀

I love bridges.

Are you saying they are in now or are you showing progress?

2 minutes ago, Homestead said:

I love bridges.

Are you saying they are in now or are you showing progress?

Showing the progress, update will still take a while - I can't give final deadline yet but I expect to release it before October.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Showing the progress, update will still take a while - I can't give final deadline yet but I expect to release it before October.

All good.

Got me all excited, though. :D

Thanks for Deed Planner.

Just came back after a couple years. So awesome this is still around! Thank you

New outlines! Originally I added them just for bridges, but I think they could be useful for everything else as well:

X6vkyX9.pngBJTbNAN.png

LZSbSD9.png

• Like 3

Outlines look great.

Can we get a way to remap keys? I play with ESDF instead of WASD in games (because it allows me to keep my left hand in the typing home position) and it's tricky to swap. Don't need a UI for it, just a keymap file I could edit would be fine.

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

Outlines look great.

Can we get a way to remap keys? I play with ESDF instead of WASD in games (because it allows me to keep my left hand in the typing home position) and it's tricky to swap. Don't need a UI for it, just a keymap file I could edit would be fine.

It's also something that's planned for the next version - I already overhauled input system to make adding keybind customization easier, now I just need to add actual support for it.

• Like 2

Few people messaged me if DeedPlanner will be affected by recent Unity controversy or if there will be DeedPlanner 4 written in Unreal, so I will answer these questions in one post:

DeedPlanner development will continue in Unity - there's no reason for it to switch to different engine given it's a free program that will never reach minimum revenue threshold for changes to be relevant and core architecture of the program is very robust, so switching engines would be of little to no benefit while requiring months of work to rewrite - especially given WebGL became main draw of DeedPlanner 3 so far, and other engines either doesn't support it at all (Unreal Engine, Stride) or have worse support for it and other features used in DP than Unity (Godot).

• Like 4

Hey Warlander - have the following options ever been considered?

- Merging multiple deed dumps into one file?

- Creating "layers" in one file to show various constructed states of the deed, without having to load separate map files?

I would personally like to merge deeds - as I have 3 deeds that have perimeters touching and would love to do a large construction between all of them and "layers" would allow me to show the various construction states between all (3) deeds.

3 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Hey Warlander - have the following options ever been considered?

- Merging multiple deed dumps into one file?

- Creating "layers" in one file to show various constructed states of the deed, without having to load separate map files?

I would personally like to merge deeds - as I have 3 deeds that have perimeters touching and would love to do a large construction between all of them and "layers" would allow me to show the various construction states between all (3) deeds.

Merging multiple deed dumps into one file? - not planned as of now, but I will leave window for implementing it later when overhauling save/load system for 3.3 version.

Creating "layers" in one file to show various constructed states of the deed, without having to load separate map files? - not planned for now, it is theoretically possible but would require quite a lot of work for a rather niche feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Merging multiple deed dumps into one file? - not planned as of now, but I will leave window for implementing it later when overhauling save/load system for 3.3 version.

Creating "layers" in one file to show various constructed states of the deed, without having to load separate map files? - not planned for now, it is theoretically possible but would require quite a lot of work for a rather niche feature.

Understandable! I was just curious if it had peaked yours (or anyone else's) interest before. :)

- Kaufecake/Felthanne CA

@WarlanderIs there a way to make a realistic-looking cave level? Good for planning public mines & dungeons. :-)

4 hours ago, Batta said:

@WarlanderIs there a way to make a realistic-looking cave level? Good for planning public mines & dungeons. 🙂

In DP2 there are cave tools, but uneven floor and ceiling would need to be done by hand. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warlander said:

In DP2 there are cave tools, but uneven floor and ceiling would need to be done by hand. 🙂

DP3, it’d be cool to have a 1 tile size object that is skinned like a reinforced cave wall and really high. I just sketch out mines in DP3 and use lava or whatever (and stretch the heights) to represent the tiles where walls would be. The object would be a nice quick and dirty way to make it feel more real. 

question, when you get this vir out. will it be the web vir or the client downloaded one, or both?

1 hour ago, Gingeko said:

question, when you get this vir out. will it be the web vir or the client downloaded one, or both?

It will be both, when I update the desktop version web version gets updated shortly after.

• Like 1

Oh glorious haven't kept tabs on this in a long while, It's super great to see that things are coming along and that'll I'll be able to utilize bridges with the new planner

This is going to be random from someone that's new to the Wurm Online environment, but Coming from Wurm Unlimited server. Were I can pull deed plan out. How do I do that for WO?

@Dalborianwhen you go to your token with the deed holder. right click on it  go to settlement then show village plan. then on the top right of the pop up there is an export. click it and a .MAP should now be in your wurm folder/directory. then should  be able to load it in deed planner

@Warlander love your work! When the new version comes out, will we be able to load Deeds we designed with bridges in Deed Planner 2 or have to create new bridges using the new version? :)

Edited by Banyng