Sign in to follow this  
Skyrant

Priests in WU

Is it possible to remove restrictions from the Priest class in WU?

• Like 1

I was totally thinking about asking this same exact question - specifically the no imping restriction for all priests.

Yeah that would be great and going even further if we could make up our own religions - choose what spells are available, their favor & difficulty requirements etc. I'd love to know just how far we can go with the 'tweaking' that has been mentioned.

imagine, single player game with a priest as it stands now ...totally unplayable.

it would have to be changed.

imagine, single player game with a priest as it stands now ...totally unplayable.

it would have to be changed.

I hadn't really thought about that...

Going to miss out on a lot of what Wurm has to offer if you play it solo.

Then again, you can just set timers to give the same results as 100coc/woa etc...but it feels like cheating that way.

Just play as unfaithful and make a mod that reads your skill logs, which whenever you lose faith or alignment it sets your skill in those two higher by the same amount, so you can play like normal while still being a priest, and without having to be a champ. If you don't make this mod, someone else will. Just don't worry about what will or won't be possible in vanilla wurm with a single player, because with WU you will have access to gm abilities and also the ability to mod the game, so ultimately anything is possible.

Warlander  [developer] Sep 28 @ 9:09am 

You can also make yourself a royal priest, having this kingdom office halves all favor requiments. If this can be combined with being a champion, you can basically be one man village.

You can multibox with another steam account and game repurchase.  Single player mode is nothing but a server with one player in it, nobody is going to notice if you multiplayer with yourself.  They will never shut that down because Rolf Wins, Steam Wins and the player who used to pay WO alt fees every month wins.  That is playing the game without GM modding same as you would in WO, just cost much much less.

You can also have as many alt characters as you want on a single steam account. The FAQ is referring to the steam single account restriction of playing those characters at the same time.  Just login your priest alt for when you have to AFK for IRL obligations (like sleeping, eating....) and you will not get banned for macroing your own game.  Even if you do it on a multiplayer server there is no bot detection, because only WO has that code.

You only need to GM god mode or mod your game if you do want a single character to have a super religion that can do it all.  Since they have added player religions to WO it should be straight forward to mod in WU religions.

Edited by yarnevk

So if I read this right the solution for someone asking for something that should be definable is for people to buy multiple accounts which steam really hates.

So if I read this right the solution for someone asking for something that should be definable is for people to buy multiple accounts which steam really hates.

Welcome to the Wurm community where people have approached 'obstacles' and reached resolution to missing features or planned features by logging in either a free or premium alt. Mules, deliveries, spies, priests, etc. It's really difficult (apparently) for some of these players to remove themselves from this mindset. Personally, I prefer to only use one account at a time - it adds to immersion.

Just because someone say's "twobox" doesn't mean it's the only solution. Warlander believes you can set yourself as a Champion + Royal Priest and remove all restrictions. I'm currently working on modifying the .jar to remove or reduce priest restrictions but as we don't have the full source code - this doesn't always work as expected. What we really need is a MOD Framework and then you will see many of these challenges addressed.

• Like 1

Yes, I was wondering how I was going to do enchants without someone else or another account. Please give us a checkbox to eliminate priest restrictions.

just champ up, champions dont have restrictions

just champ up, champions dont have restrictions

And need to kill players in PvP, right? How does that help?

Steam is not going to ban you for this, they only do that when the devs tell them this is cheating their game.   CC is not going to do that given how much money they already raked in on WO from alt sales, they are not going to stop people buying the game again to multibox WU.  While this is considered cheating in most MMO and multiplayer games, it is the way of Wurm and strongly encouraged with mind numbing grind.

Modding and GMing is the way to go for single player no alt priesting in Wurm, I highly doubt they are going to change from such a profitable multibox policy.

Edited by yarnevk