Sign in to follow this  
Battlepaw

ARK Survival Evolved (AKA: Dinochow simulator) Have you played it?

Tried it for a week or so and was enjoying it quite a bit. At least until one of those big hawk dino's came and destroyed all of my structures.

Made no sense to me why a dino would want to destroy walls and items. So I quit and haven't been back. :P

Well when I started an Argentavis ripped apart my thach house, and that was the last time I tired to build near one of those spawns,   if you build with stone, and you have dinos to help protect your structures you won't ever have that happen to you.  My current base is built out of wood, and it gets about 2-3 T-rex attacks a day.   They never get near the building because my dino army turns them into mincemeat first.    

• Like 1

is the server still there? 

Mine? Yea, and we have a new script that automaticly updates after a 30 min warning and countdown, so it dosen't even need me to be there, since it can now detect when a new update is out.    

banner-1.png

Edited by Battlepaw

nevermind :) I didn't know i can just click on your picture to join it :)

Edited by Miretta

i found a place between south and east coast XD (was dying alot to get to it lol)

Video Spam!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MqkTX7xL-g&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=6

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bhphbDYOoU&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=7

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RJbOt9QE-M&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=8

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiyqPIyEnS8&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=9

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggD8aAfXBI&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=10

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5efwMTF0M0&list=PLcVh2Fo4i0ZEb-tvYuW0jMHso5niM_JIi&index=11

Edited by Milosanx

yeah new biomes are in, along with direwolves and some other nice creatures, breeding is still work in progress though.

• Like 1

Rivard and my self have taken up residence on this server for a several weeks now we reside near the swamp. Friendly bunch and a steady server compared to the others we have used. Only thing I would like more is increased recourse's and maybe taming. I also love that is a slower skill gain vs godly fast.

Thanks for letting us share your space! Its a great mini break during the week!

For anyone that doesn't have it, it's now on "Midweek Madness" sale at 33% off. "Offer Ends Friday at 10am Pacific Time."

Glad to have you guys along.  We have had a few folks return that were away and Rivard and Booskii have now joined in.  It's nice to have more folks around, I was getting kinda lonely for a while there.

Hope to see more people around :)

o/ Rivard and i are not able to get in im not sure if its not updated for the breeding yet if that all then Great news if that's not it then rivard and i are both broken can you all fill out feeding trough <3

I do apologize for that.  Steam automatically updates our personal game clients and then the game won't work until the server is similarly updated.  I get home around 4pm CST on most days so that's when things will be up and running when they do these big patches, unless one of the other guys updates before I can.

Anyway, glad I could help you guys out last night, I enjoyed doing that :).  It's nice having more folks on the server.

I do apologize for that. Steam automatically updates our personal game clients and then the game won't work until the server is similarly updated. I get home around 4pm CST on most days so that's when things will be up and running when they do these big patches, unless one of the other guys updates before I can.

Anyway, glad I could help you guys out last night, I enjoyed doing that :). It's nice having more folks on the server.

I'm just clad it was that simple we ###### had that update fail a few times and thought it was our systems!!

We had a ball with all the new toys and pets minus when I let al our dodo wander to bred rivard was not to happy getting them back into a line :)

Best place to be with an awsome host when you need a tiny wurmcatation

I'm just glad Ned and Battlepaw have opened the server to us.  I would like to make a couple modifications to the server, we'll see if I can get that done.

Ive been playing it for a while now on a PvE private server, between 600-700hs on it by now.

Incredible game, but you sort of have to manually crank up the difficulty at midgame.  I was thrilled about having my first Argentavis, but after I got my main Argent to level 200, every other creature became a snack. Even alphas.

In order to make it more challenging, I went nomad when the bronto saddles came in, after a while of touring the server as nomad (and still being invincible), I decided to play with as few creatures as possible, and only then I started dying every now and then, to things other than accidentally dismounting my bird at high altitude.

I then decided to live with as few creatures as possible, in the snow biome, and then the game finally picked up on the survival aspect of it.

That is the only issue I see with the game, you have to artificially create difficulty in PvE, and the struggle to survive ends as soon as you get one reliable tank. (lvl 100+ trike with 10K+ HP, and you can already deal with alpha raptors and low level carnos)

Awesome group as always Battle is a wonderful host! We felt strong enough to help out 2 new players to the server to repay all the aid we have gotten ourselves! 

accidentally dismounting my bird at high altitude.

Rivard just did that the other day i laughed my ass off at time for it to because its usually me dying all the time i aim for a min of 3x per log in ...i get to brave he has learned to keep at least 3 sets of armor and tools on hand.!

If anyone wants to try it out your welcome to come camp by us! its a wonderful getaway and change of pace

<3 Smithy Froggy Battlepawn and of course Thuwyth who has come to my rescue more than a few times

Sorry for the lack of update on this.  The server owner was out of town during the Christmas season so nothing got fixed.  I have seen that it is updated now and I have run some updates since things have been up and running again.

I did see that at some point the mods weren't working so all the stuff that was there had to be rebuilt.

Things are up and running now and should be good to go.

i have 2 computers med quality with 12 and 16GB ram, avg vid cards. works ok with low low settings. got it for my son on my xbox one.  works much better , very little lag. but only solo or host own server, as all the 40-50 xbox one servers are always full.  they do need to increase the map sizes and max player amount.

love thats its open. with WU  mod it as you want PC wise at least