Sign in to follow this  
MsInformative

Grass inside houses.

G'day.

I have imagined little gardens inside the buildings I make but we cannot do that. We could also use this to feed animals that we keep in houses. This idea is mostly an aesthetic with a little practical use.

• Like 8

This is something I have wanted for a long time. At Puzzle Plaza we built a stables house over grass (which you can do) and then enchanted the grass so the horses couldn't destroy it. Then they changed enchanted grass so there was a chance for horses to pack it. This work around still works as long as there aren't many horses, however, one lost grass tile Would be permanent without destroying the house and rebuilding.

• Like 1

You can have grass initially in houses, but once it is grazed or gone, you cant replant. I would like to be able to plant though!

I don't know if it's the same as what you are describing, but I use donut houses with enchanted grass/farm tiles in the middle. You'll need to be able to plan at least a 3x3 (with a single open tile in the middle) or have someone with higher carpentry plan a bigger one out for you. Makes a great protected area if you are off deed. As long as you remember to lock the doors.  ;)

Yes I like the look of grass in my houses. I also have gatehouses as part of the pen and the animals pack them. The best you can do it turn it back to dirt.

+1

Game knows its indoors to prevent you from planting grass, but doesn't know its indoors, to stop making it rain, or show paved tiles indoors without the snowy textures...

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

The 7am +1, a sure sign of a troubled mind.

I'm not sure why this is not possible, more organic houses please!

+1 I have animal pens where the "indoors" is dirty because animals grazing, and can't replant grass for them :-(

Planting should be an option as long as theres a window on the border tile for that square.

EDIT: Actually nvm as there's interior tiles with no walls border-ing them... I suppose as long there's at least a window somewhere let it slide.

Edited by Klaa