Sign in to follow this  
Lau

Remove ability to fence in altars and place the Chaos white light in a central location

Yes or no?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• yes
    • no

A Whitelight kingdom should NOT be able to bash the Whitelight.

It would be the equivalent of Muslims destroying Mecca because it was not in a logistically convenient place for them...

• Like 8

A Whitelight kingdom should NOT be able to bash the Whitelight.

It would be the equivalent of Muslims destroying Mecca because it was not in a logistically convenient place for them...

We an't Muslims, and the WL isn't a holy site, in anything but the fantasies of the developers.  In reality it is a strategic location that if controlled, creates a situation where the artifacts have to be brought to be charged at a given date or they can't go back into the trophy cabinets, and possibly never get used again.  

Hell just what is the "Lore" in this game anyways?  The only time anyone cares about it is to pull out some silly self-justification for doing some WL or BL thing or why it shouldn't be done.  90% of the time NO ONE CARES.     We arn't playing elder scrolls here, and we don't need some extensive pre-determined destiny by the game developers.  We play on a sandbox pvp server with player created kingdoms

MR has taken control of the WL because if we didn't our enemies would pick a time when no one is around to challenge them and they can just put their trophies back on the mantel.  We have seen it here time and time again, there is more than enough hard evidence that is exactly what our enemies do if we can't adequately defend the WL.   

Edited by Battlepaw

We an't Muslims, and the WL isn't a holy site, in anything but the fantasies of the developers.  In reality it is a strategic location that if controlled, creates a situation where the artifacts have to be brought to be charged at a given date or they can't go back into the trophy cabinets, and possibly never get used again. 

Hell just what is the "Lore" in this game anyways?  The only time anyone cares about it is to pull out some silly self-justification for doing some WL or BL thing or why it shouldn't be done.  90% of the time NO ONE CARES.     We arn't playing elder scrolls here, and we don't need some extensive pre-determined destiny by the game developers.  We play on a sandbox pvp server with player created kingdoms.

If that holds true, then there should be no kingdom restriction for religion whatsoever. Anyone should worship Vyn, Mag, Fo, or Lil no matter what kingdom they are. And since the Altars and lore are all silly self justification to you, why not be able to charge any artifact in any altar, Whitelight or Blacklight You clearly wouldn't oppose that since altars don't mean a pile of beans but as electric outlets to plug in and charge the artifacts you don't use, Sandlapper.

MR were so adamant to have the White Light moved for years, and Rolf, for who knows whatever reason, listened to the MR pleading and did move it, even though the Altar was out in the open and both sides were able to do their business with the altar without major difficulty. Now the White Light is firmly in MR territory and fortified to an extent never done before, and MR are vehement against anything that might even slightly oppose their control of the altar.

Don't even attempt to justify MR bashing the White Light as being an intended feature of the game as the developers foresaw. The entire purpose of altar bashing was for OPPOSING religious faction kingdoms to bash the altars and in doing so cause disruption of champs, priests, and basically casting in general for the other side. It was never intended for a same religion kingdom to bash in order to nudge it deeper into their territory, where they would then sink it into a pit and try to make a rock cliff around it to completely cut off any attempt of access it...

That's cute Battlepaw. MR didn't want JK to pick a time when no one was on to recharge their artifacts? Don't kid yourself. MR bashed it because they got routed so badly in open pvp and almost lost their artifacts ONE TIME.  The only reason MR didn't lose the artifacts then was the artifact carriers ran and left everyone else to die even though there was near equal numbers.JK attempted to get the artifacts through open pvp. JK then raided MR's capital and took the artifacts. MR waited until they had 3/4 of the entire server online and bashed the WL so they could avoid open PVP at ALL COSTS. I'll say it again, don't kid yourself.

I voted yes.

Edited by Stormcrow
  • Like 6

If that holds true, then there should be no kingdom restriction for religion whatsoever. Anyone should worship Vyn, Mag, Fo, or Lil no matter what kingdom they are. And since the Altars and lore are all silly self justification to you, why not be able to charge any artifact in any altar, Whitelight or Blacklight You clearly wouldn't oppose that since altars don't mean a pile of beans but as electric outlets to plug in and charge the artifacts you don't use, Sandlapper.

MR were so adamant to have the White Light moved for years, and Rolf, for who knows whatever reason, listened to the MR pleading and did move it, even though the Altar was out in the open and both sides were able to do their business with the altar without major difficulty. Now the White Light is firmly in MR territory and fortified to an extent never done before, and MR are vehement against anything that might even slightly oppose their control of the altar.

Don't even attempt to justify MR bashing the White Light as being an intended feature of the game as the developers foresaw. The entire purpose of altar bashing was for OPPOSING religious faction kingdoms to bash the altars and in doing so cause disruption of champs, priests, and basically casting in general for the other side. It was never intended for a same religion kingdom to bash in order to nudge it deeper into their territory, where they would then sink it into a pit and try to make a rock cliff around it to completely cut off any attempt of access it..

We had no notion of where it would land, it could have just as easily landed next to Kyara.   

None of this post has anything to do with the religion of WL or BL, all it has to do is petty server politics betwen MR and JK.    If you want me to cite a very good example dealing with the WL I can remind everyone here that Rolf changed all WL artifacts to be charged at teh BL right before on of the recharges when we had the WL fortified last time, after two building distance nerfs.    The same kind of justifications I've seen you useing here were used then, even if we know it was all utter nonsense.    

That's cute Battlepaw. MR didn't want JK to pick a time when no one was on to recharge their artifacts? Don't kid yourself. MR bashed it because they got routed so badly in open pvp and almost lost their artifacts ONE TIME.  The only reason MR didn't lose the artifacts then was the artifact carriers ran and left everyone else to die even though there was near equal numbers.JK attempted to get the artifacts through open pvp. JK then raided MR's capital and took the artifacts. MR waited until they had 3/4 of the entire server online and bashed the WL so they could avoid open PVP at ALL COSTS. I'll say it again, don't kid yourself.

I voted yes.

Yep, you raided our capital and took our artifacts.    We got them back, and we had fun doing it.  In bashing the WL we had no idea where it would land.  It's also not like we instantly had defenses around the WL. When we bashed it and got it moved, it was sitting next to Eden for nearly 3 weeks until we finally got a few stone walls around it, and slowly, over the course of  a entire month slowly built the WL into a pit.   

During that time you could have come to bash the WL, hell this was before the mine door change, so you even had a reasonable chance of survival.    We had only the hammer which dropped when the WL was bashed and Emoo's smoosh stick.  Hell you had the same or nearly the same numbers of possible fighters.

Not long before there was a massive attack on Kratos, a huge amount of JK numbers, just as many JK showed up to that siege as MR had defenders.     If you had that kind of showing at the WL in the first few weeks, if not even the first month I'm betting we would have had serious issues, if not have lost the WL to a bash.   I was there helping with the fortification of the WL, I saw the progress and how long it took. 

Heck you had a much better chance at recharging them  or bashing the WL even in that pit then we would have had trying to climb the walls of the JK capital, and deal with tactics like twigging out artifacts, sealing them in reinforced mines, etc to try and get them when those kinds of odds. 

In my opinion the WL should be in a PERMANENT Neutral area, at opposite side of BL, but not too far. And is important that all players (newbies included) can access it.

After that I voted no! Let's go to bash it  :P  I don't like that an external force change the game to make other people happy (if not an exploit or a bug officially).

+1 in the name of Pyramid!

(anyway old wl was moved cause "controlled my one kingdom") so dont see big diff

some  FI players already cryed that they cant convert and was killed several times by some other kingdom 

Yep, you raided our capital and took our artifacts.    We got them back, and we had fun doing it.  In bashing the WL we had no idea where it would land.  It's also not like we instantly had defenses around the WL. When we bashed it and got it moved, it was sitting next to Eden for nearly 3 weeks until we finally got a few stone walls around it, and slowly, over the course of  a entire month slowly built the WL into a pit.   

During that time you could have come to bash the WL, hell this was before the mine door change, so you even had a reasonable chance of survival.    We had only the hammer which dropped when the WL was bashed and Emoo's smoosh stick.  Hell you had the same or nearly the same numbers of possible fighters.

Not long before there was a massive attack on Kratos, a huge amount of JK numbers, just as many JK showed up to that siege as MR had defenders.     If you had that kind of showing at the WL in the first few weeks, if not even the first month I'm betting we would have had serious issues, if not have lost the WL to a bash.   I was there helping with the fortification of the WL, I saw the progress and how long it took. 

Heck you had a much better chance at recharging them  or bashing the WL even in that pit then we would have had trying to climb the walls of the JK capital, and deal with tactics like twigging out artifacts, sealing them in reinforced mines, etc to try and get them when those kinds of odds. 

You just don't get it Sandlapper. Try to justify your nonsense whatever way you wish in order to maintain your current perch.

You are saying that JK should have just bashed the WhiteLight while we had the chance on so many innumerable opportunities. What so many are saying that it SHOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN BEEN AN OPTION FOR WL TO BASH THE WL.

Hope that gets through to you.

You just don't get it Sandlapper. Try to justify your nonsense whatever way you wish in order to maintain your current perch.

You are saying that JK should have just bashed the WhiteLight while we had the chance on so many innumerable opportunities. What so many are saying that it SHOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN BEEN AN OPTION FOR WL TO BASH THE WL.

Hope that gets through to you.

So many as in the people with an agenda that has nothing to do with some sort of "noble" quest to preserve lore (which is a joke in wurm anyways), etc.    That is what I'm pointing out, with even a surface examination of the issue, both it's current implication on the actual situation here, the reality of gameplay vs what you seem to be trying to create in non-existent lore pipe dreams. 

In anyways, if you want to go lore route I can make a very good case as to why we are in fact playing the game as intended.   We have in place the ability in wurm  to add demigods, and even our own religion.   This indicates among other things that the players themselves have the ability to change the focus of what is important in a religion, etc.    In the past even here on Chaos WL MR has allied with BL, HOTS to fight JK.    What people are focusing on is some sort of twisted idea that everything should be now and forever WL vs BL, when in fact there has been a huge freedom for a long time in how the WL and the BL kingdoms choose their own "Lore" or how it is applied to the sandbox.   

There is no way you can expect players in a player created kingdom to be forced into some narrow mold, just because there is a WL, and this time it was a WL kingdom that got enough people together to bash it and cause it to move vs the  there is no BL kingdom that could have effected that kind of change on Chaos.   Your interpretation of Lore, on a server that has been dominated for the last several years not by WL vs BL competition but by two WL kingdoms completely excluded the fact and the fact that players should be able to choose their own destiny and in fact have on Chaos.     

I like Skyrim, and the Elder Scrolls games, but I wouldn't want to turn Wurm into one, where we are somehow constrained by whatever inflated expectations lore has set for us, and unable to respond to reality.      

I say move the WL altar near BL so they can fence it in and make both WL's work for it, that way MR and JK can stop moaning at each other. ;)

-1. Maybe try to solve your own problems for once instead of crying to developers to change the game.

• Like 2

I voted yes.

Im sorry we avoided PvP. No. 

When you had the white light locked down, we still said "Hey lets try. Lets try, and if we failed we at least know we tried our best". Our recharge was futile, but hay we tried! When you had all the artifacts, they were NEVER used. They sat within Kyaras walled 24/7, never used, never looked at. There was no way for us to get them. We then decided to take it into our own hands, we bashed the white light, and now its under our control, much like it was within yours some months ago.

You guys did not try. You didnt even bother. Infact, the most activity we saw was when you ran hundreds of alts over, because apparently thats what your kingdom does. You avoided PvP, you avoided any sort of attempt to TRY and recharge the artifacts. You're pathetic.

Get your facts straight before lying to everyone.

You have the bashing mechanic, which funnily enough, is what we used. Use it if you dont like the location of the WL, and maybe, just maybe it'll spawn in a nice place for you and we'll have to go bash it too.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

That time that MR leadership ran off and abandoned half their guys. Yup. And ye were able to run right up to the light without dismounting. Fair and equitable comparison there mate

• Like 1

JK had the WL on lockdown? We had two deeds in the area, nether of which you even had to go into local of to reach the WL. The WL was not walled in and had multiple roads in and out.. JK had the WL on lockdown, please!

FYI as far as anyone knows, it's assumed the WL will spawn in whatever kingdom bashed its territory

-1. Maybe try to solve your own problems for once instead of crying to developers to change the game.

I like how this guy was the only person that got the point of this post, albeit with a slight misunderstanding. And Redd, of all people, liked it.

Hilarious. Absolutely incredibly hilarious.

MR has been doing this for weeks and JK decides to spoof them off. Noone notices. Just goes to show people. Be wary of lobbying.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Off topic
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Off topic

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fJJhfaEsRo

Edited by Sharkin

View hidden Post

###### whiners. You got the WL moved already and you want fences to be destroyed too?

First of all try and reach it with your mains, not with your alts. I didnt see any of you there. 

Gather a raiding force JK and finally step out of deeds.

Suggesting stuff without seeing the area is quite stupid.

Edited by Blazer

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Off topic

I like how this guy was the only person that got the point of this post, albeit with a slight misunderstanding. And Redd, of all people, liked it.

Hilarious. Absolutely incredibly hilarious.

MR has been doing this for weeks and JK decides to spoof them off. Noone notices. Just goes to show people. Be wary of lobbying.

Yeah I get the point of the post. The last time you cried and changes were made wasn't enough for you so you're going to keep crying until you're able to safely recharge artifacts and hide them back on deed. You would rather game changes be made to help you out rather than actually trying to help yourself. Did I miss anything?

• Like 1

View hidden Post

You are incapable of understanding the point of this topic Blazer. This topic is a parody of MR posting suggestions every week because they want changes. Without themselves "checking out the area".

As I said in the OP. MR also had the WL moved by whining. Step off your high horse. Both sides are guilty.

Stonesolid, this post also applies to you. You misunderstood again.

Edited by Lau

View hidden Post

Well, atleast you tried doing something. There wasnt even 1JK main account there... First try and see how it looks, then make suggestions.

View hidden Post

Let me quote yourself, Lau.

Are you ###### serious? Every single time something goes wrong for you, you start a poll on the forums. Next level whining.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

Well, atleast you tried doing something. There wasnt even 1JK main account there... First try and see how it looks, then make suggestions.

Another example of people posting false information on the forums and expecting it to be taken as fact.

JK did in fact have mains at the WL. In fact Aramisii, MetalDragon and and Bloodyhell died at the WL trying to recharge an artifact. They are all main accounts.

Stop lying to yourself. Be willing to admit that you can be wrong and that you are indeed wrong sometimes. I can do that, how hard can it be?

View hidden Post

Let me quote yourself, Lau.

Yeah. Why do you think I made this post. It was a futile attempt to make you see how retarded you look when you post suggestions every week. You think I look retarded. Now do some introspection.

It is so hilarious that you cannot see we both do the same things.

Edited by Lau