Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Elevation the War-Zone

Suggested:

- Players must complete missions on Elevation.  Missions may not be effected from the home servers at all.

- Massive terraforming events only occur on Elevation, never on home servers.  But, no terra events in the Elevation HOTA area.

- No deeds allowed on Elevation.  However, buildings may be constructed in areas controlled by kingdom towers which may be built.  Once a tower is built, buildings may be constructed within the tower radius.

- No deeds means no Templars on Elevation.

- Those that die spawn somewhere inside the HOTA.  Everyone spawns somewhere within the HOTA area upon death.

- HQ ore will still only be found on Elevation, so missions to gather ore will have to be done.

- HOTA area always somewhere near the center of the map.

- No decay of buildings, walls, or towers on Elevation.  But no deeds either so everything is open for raiding/capturing.

- The first person from an opposing kingdom that successfully picks open a building and enters it will immediately receive the writ of that building, and thus capture it for their own or they can insta-destroy it.  The previous owner loses the writ to the capturing player.

- Elevation wiped once a year with a new unique map to replace the previous one - which will clean up all the mess of war.

What this will do?

- Players will make their homes on the home servers which will increase home server population and activity.

- Much more traffic between home servers and Elevation.

- Players will have to organize mission trips to get high quality ore for their home servers.

- Outposts will crop up on Elevation which will be fought over building by building.  No more stalemates on Elevation.

- Players will come to Elevation for resources, PVP, mission completion, HOTA, and to control the land and buildings.

In a word - it will be a War-Zone!!!

Thoughts?

Really love some of the ideas, but no deeds mean no money, which means it is not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Really love some of the ideas, but no deeds mean no money, which means it is not gonna happen.

Actually, deeds would be created on the home servers unless everyone on Elevation groups up with existing home-server deeds, right?

yeah true

also for anything like this to happen the people that have current massive deeds need to be refunded the majority of the cost.

We had a big discussion recently and everybody agreed that, there will be no map reset. I have lived through the horror of a server that has been destroyed, lot of people left it was not a perfect solution. As we saw with the transformation from Wild to Chaos, Rolf prefers to let bleed out the server slowly ,while creating new server and cluster.

So when ever it wall happen that Rolf realizes that Elevation is death, there will be a new Cluster with new Rules that learned something from it predecessors. 

-1, I really don't see the purpose of this. People are supposed to live on Home servers, and could also have outposts on Elevation, except your enemy can just come by when you're not there, pick the locks of your buildings, destroy everything you had within tens of minutes. If that doesn't tell people to stay away from Elevation, then being thrown into the hota area on death, ready to be spawnkilled does.

• Like 1

Make this another server above elevation maybe?

bad idea all what rolf must make is  delete home server or make 1 home server for all so  must the guys come to ele or live on 1 home server  

Edited by spider

-1, mostly bad, I see this hurting Elevation more than help.

I am just going to guess all you guys live on elevation, lol.

I like it, I also live on a home server and wouldn't be losing hours and hours of work. If this was done though it'd be nicer to bring the home servers closer to Elevation or even work some Rolfmagic and conjoin them to Elevation, and have kingdom "zones" like current home servers and the rest be similar to how Elevation is now, with a few things from this suggestion thrown in to make it a bit more interesting.

I mean i see what youre trying to do here but its got too many things wrong with it.

+1 to have all Epic cluster in one motherloving big frigging epic map.

This is terrible. Terrible. Elevation already has a low player pop compared to the home servers at most times, this would only make it much worse. No deeds means no income for AB from the people who WANT to live on Elevation. Yes, there are people who actually live on elevation and enjoy it there. By taking away deeds, and making it possible for anyone to pick their lock, and instantly destroy their entire writ, just because they happened to be off mining in a cave or something, it would be completely pointless to live on Elevation. This is just so poorly thought out. This would not increase pvp, this would simply stop all construction on elevation of any structure that creates a writ. Everyone would have to live in walled compounds with metal gates, lest unfortunate circumstances result in the entire thing being nuked.

As for no decay? No no no. Decay is a part of wurm. decay is what reverts the landscape back to the way it was. Decay is the janitor, the gardener, the keeper of the wilderness. Without decay, elevation would just increasingly grow into a mess of tall stone walls, that noone bothered to knock down. Elevation would soon become the biggest eyesore wurm has ever seen. And that's saying a lot.

I am just going to guess all you guys live on elevation, lol.

Well, when you make a suggestion about Elevation what would you expect?

Do you live on Elevation, or even Epic?

-1 also

Well, when you make a suggestion about Elevation what would you expect?

Do you live on Elevation, or even Epic?

-1 also

I still have a presence on Epic, but that is not really the point.  I have lived exclusively on the Epic cluster and from that experience my suggestion comes.  

You will promote home server hiding worse then there is now.

Elevation needs to be buffed with some perks attached to make it more apealing then home servers, then it will fill up.

Now you can't go back and nerf home servers, people will whine and cryy and sniffle so you have to leave em alone and buff ele.

Simple fix.