Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please Remove All The Anti Pvp Rules On The Epic Cluster

uhh it is limited

I didn't argue that...I just told you trying to make it otherwise isn't going to work...

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, July 29, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, July 29, 2013 - trolling

I fail to see how allowing the traitor to loot killed loyal kingdom members would be beneficial to us? I can see how allowing the looting of the traitor by the legitimate kingdom members would be beneficial but not the other way around. That would in no way help solve this mechanics loophole issue and would only encourage further trolls to convert JK and do the same as you.

its what jk deserves, drama means trouble, own fault

View hidden Post

its what jk deserves, drama means trouble, own fault

So we brought on BLer who are trying to get around the risk of raiding by abusing the Rep system? 

Your a joke

View hidden Post

That's what they do. That's why they're called griefers. Their entire purpose is to grief you, to interrupt and disrupt whatever you want to do. If you have to stop what you're doing to deal with them, they're winning by the entirely different rule set that they're playing by. If you have to repair the damage that they cause, they're winning. If you have to put up with unsightly displays, they're winning.

this nice piece of lecture makes me think about masonas

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, July 27, 2013 - public accusations
Hidden by KaiH, July 27, 2013 - public accusations

The biggest problem here is one that changing the rules won't fix - griefers will continue to be griefers, no matter what rules are put into place. They will use the rules against you, exploit loopholes, and just generally do anything they can to spoil your enjoyment of the game.

That's what they do. That's why they're called griefers. Their entire purpose is to grief you, to interrupt and disrupt whatever you want to do. If you have to stop what you're doing to deal with them, they're winning by the entirely different rule set that they're playing by. If you have to repair the damage that they cause, they're winning. If you have to put up with unsightly displays, they're winning.

And when the game's rules are designed with the idea that "PvP is the solution to interplayer conflicts," and people won't get banned for being disruptive douchebags, you get griefers who even brag about it on the forums. The only answer is for the administration to start taking an active hand in the matter. Don't bury your head in the sand and say, "La la la, PvP, sort it out yourselves." That approach only works when you've got two people with an honest disagreement. It does nothing to solve problems with griefers.

Agreed. It's time for GM intervention to fix this outrageous abuse and exploitation of the system on epic for greifing means. Nosfirebird all his alts along with shankiests known alts and decreptimists and the rest of them should be GM Converted BL and teleported to Elevation once killed on JKH. their F2p alts should die in the space between JKH and BLE. Then everybody would like up to participate in purging them off the server if it actually purged them off the server and not just sent them to strongbox for the 58th time today. 

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by KaiH, July 27, 2013 - quoted hidden post
Hidden by KaiH, July 27, 2013 - quoted hidden post

Agreed. It's time for GM intervention to fix this outrageous abuse and exploitation of the system on epic for greifing means. Nosfirebird all his alts along with shankiests known alts and decreptimists and the rest of them should be GM Converted BL and teleported to Elevation once killed on JKH. their F2p alts should die in the space between JKH and BLE. Then everybody would like up to participate in purging them off the server if it actually purged them off the server and not just sent them to strongbox for the 58th time today. 

cause you know i won't make more alts...;3

EDIT:im not allowed grief on pvp servers wha ;(

Edited by shankiest

Epic and Chaos Servers Griefing

Definition:

Griefing on Epic and Chaos is very simple, no defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality).

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/7-game-rules/

Just remove the stupid mechanics that prevent people from taking care of their own, then we can all get on with playing the game and having fun.

• Like 4

[20:40:32] You start to gather wild grass.

[20:40:32] You have received the hunted status and may be attacked without penalty for half an hour.

Elevation ^

please help I need an adult

• Like 7

Jenn-Kellon should have the right to kick people off the map if they are harassing the rest of the kingdom. Rolf needs to fix this, and fix it soon.

Rolf needs to fix this, and fix it soon.

Actually he doesn't...he simply has to let us - preferably in a way that doesn't cost money making stupid alts just to get around the rep rules.

• Like 2

Rolf, needs to either let us take justice into our own hands or prevent us from needing to. The notion that the current system keeps griefing to a minimum is demonstrably false; just ask Nosfire.

• Like 1

Rolf, needs to either let us take justice into our own hands or prevent us from needing to. The notion that the current system keeps griefing to a minimum is demonstrably false; just ask Nosfire.

+1

His post was actually a bit funny. I read it as:

"I totally agree with you guys. That is why I added the rep system that you have, that way you wont have any problems like you're having."

What?

I don't really play on JKH so I won't comment on the problems there as I never experienced them first hand, but I know their frustration from talking to them, and I do think Rolf needs to see first hand what is going on before he posts here.  What he has on paper isn't exactly how it is in game.  

I don't really play on JKH so I won't comment on the problems there as I never experienced them first hand, but I know their frustration from talking to them, and I do think Rolf needs to see first hand what is going on before he posts here.  What he has on paper isn't exactly how it is in game.  

The eastern half the server is getting raided while they are offline because we can't flatten one tiny deed in the middle of the woods. We aren't going to use BL alts to do it, its not how the game was meant to be played. Instead we are going to wait for Rolf to fix it.

We aren't going to use BL alts to do it, its not how the game was meant to be played. Instead we are going to wait for Rolf to fix it.

Speak for yourself. If that is what it takes in the end to bring some sanity back that will be exactly what happens.

Trouble is - once we start doing that and take the game even further into chaos and insanity I just know Rolf will finally act and do something that will end up costing us wasted money, time and effort.

To all those peanut gallery people that haven't got a clue what is happening - teams to fight these people have been put together several times. They simply run, log in caves, bring on JK alts to create corpse blocked tiles, try to force/trick people into getting hammered by the rep system - their alts are happy to die - more corpses in the way and they can simply regen - run out - and do it again. Given that they can pick their moments and all start together from a cave and JKH has to gather a team from all over the server that wastes hours to find no one worth fighting when they get there because actual PvP is the last thing these people are interested in...small wonder people are getting pretty pissed.

And what is this for? According to Nos and Shankiest it's to destroy JKH by hook or by crook - literally to stop everyone playing because they simply can't be bothered to indulge players of this nature. If they are successful what would it mean? One more non-functioning deserted server and another nail in the coffin of a PvP form of Wurm. They aren't playing to win a game, that is what Ele and stuff like HOTA is for I presume - they are playing to destroy one.

People have said it's supposed to be about fun - which I totally agree with. When anyone can ruin that fun for others in such a way they can't really be stopped because of the game mechanics there is a serious problem. It will result in great damage to the player base because I doubt anyone will play forever if people can grief either directly, or with multiple accounts either ftp, or funded with stolen money, and the defenders are hamstrung in their ability to defend themselves.

There are many things that could mostly fix the problems ranging from the OP suggestion of this thread to dump the rep system completely......maybe inserting a 30 minute- 60 minute log off timer when in an enemy Kingdom....making it impossible to add enemy players names to any doors, including mine doors in an enemy Kingdom...creating some kind of player exile system for proven traitors who blatantly wear the Kingdom talberd simply for the abilities to help another Kingdom that gives...and many more.

In the end though it comes down to one simple thing. Unless people have the means to effectively defend themselves without people being able to work around the straight fight that should be, the future of a large part of Epic looks very doubtful imo.

Why waste the money?

• Like 2

View hidden Post

Make a few dirtwalls and some mines urself, do U have wood in Ur head? This is a PvP server, not everyone plays it the way u play, face it

View hidden Post

This is a PvP server,

<snip>If you want full out PvP possibilities go to HOTS home server or Elevation. It was specifically designed for that type of gameplay.<snip>

<snip>On the other two home servers we have a different lore with honor ideals suggesting you should not fight among yourselves. This means we want to keep griefing at a minimum.<snip>

<snip>We have never said that those servers are about full out PvP.<snip>

Remedial reading for comprehension would probably do you some good.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Remedial reading for comprehension would probably do you some good.

no idea what this means, u should go to freedom man

View hidden Post

no idea what this means,

Figures.

no idea what this means, u should go to freedom man

This is pretty much his response to anything and everything. 

Speak for yourself. If that is what it takes in the end to bring some sanity back that will be exactly what happens.

Trouble is - once we start doing that and take the game even further into chaos and insanity I just know Rolf will finally act and do something that will end up costing us wasted money, time and effort.

To all those peanut gallery people that haven't got a clue what is happening - teams to fight these people have been put together several times. They simply run, log in caves, bring on JK alts to create corpse blocked tiles, try to force/trick people into getting hammered by the rep system - their alts are happy to die - more corpses in the way and they can simply regen - run out - and do it again. Given that they can pick their moments and all start together from a cave and JKH has to gather a team from all over the server that wastes hours to find no one worth fighting when they get there because actual PvP is the last thing these people are interested in...small wonder people are getting pretty pissed.

And what is this for? According to Nos and Shankiest it's to destroy JKH by hook or by crook - literally to stop everyone playing because they simply can't be bothered to indulge players of this nature. If they are successful what would it mean? One more non-functioning deserted server and another nail in the coffin of a PvP form of Wurm. They aren't playing to win a game, that is what Ele and stuff like HOTA is for I presume - they are playing to destroy one.

People have said it's supposed to be about fun - which I totally agree with. When anyone can ruin that fun for others in such a way they can't really be stopped because of the game mechanics there is a serious problem. It will result in great damage to the player base because I doubt anyone will play forever if people can grief either directly, or with multiple accounts either ftp, or funded with stolen money, and the defenders are hamstrung in their ability to defend themselves.

There are many things that could mostly fix the problems ranging from the OP suggestion of this thread to dump the rep system completely......maybe inserting a 30 minute- 60 minute log off timer when in an enemy Kingdom....making it impossible to add enemy players names to any doors, including mine doors in an enemy Kingdom...creating some kind of player exile system for proven traitors who blatantly wear the Kingdom talberd simply for the abilities to help another Kingdom that gives...and many more.

In the end though it comes down to one simple thing. Unless people have the means to effectively defend themselves without people being able to work around the straight fight that should be, the future of a large part of Epic looks very doubtful imo.

Why waste the money?

i tell ppl to go back to freedom or move to BLE or MRH not to quit the game JKH must be converted from a carebear place to a actual PVP server and its making great strides ppl just need to learn to trap ppl and not let them get to the mines to be able to log off..... or dont show up with 20 ppl for 4 ppl of course they are going to log the gank bonus always wins and you have to remember they have a massive CR nerf which that also needs to be removed since there are tons of 70+ fs toons on the homeservers now

Edited by nosfirebird
  • Like 1

Yes Nos - I'm sure you are a gaming hero and Rolf loves you to death for attempting to make changes to the game he has expressly said he doesn't want.

Get over yourself.

• Like 1

JKH must be converted from a carebear place to a actual PVP server

Sounds like something TK always said.  Funny what happened to them in the end.

• Like 3