Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please Remove All The Anti Pvp Rules On The Epic Cluster

And all I keep thinking is how much easier things would be to deal with if......wait for it....... none of this crud existed :o

I agree. However - it would appear they have tried before and it didn't work. I haven't been here long enough to know.

I do know one thing though - it's always easier to be destructive and break things than it is to create. That in itself skews the playing field somewhat.

We'll have to manage...

This could get interesting.

Your math sucks.....

it goes down by 20 till you hit 0 then it goes to 10 after 0 so 15 kills

It is also very clear that your constant harping on about the entire Epic cluster being meant for full out PvP, so you are the innocent simply trying to play the game as intended......and the rest are all carebears who should be on Freedom is so much BS.

Basically - you aren't playing the game as intended....not at all.

rolf himself said its intended but to a severely limited capacity. minimum griefing he said. it might not be minimum but it is low because of the rep system

i have only attacked and destroyed 1 deed which was godcomplex's deed then the BL drained it and disbanded it. ive attacked aspinet and looted it but didnt destroy it ive been on the server for a month and ive attacked 2 deeds

We'll have to manage...

This could get interesting.

i like you. ur deed will not be attacked by me atleast but cant say anything for the BL tho but azaeldaman and you are safe from atleast me griefing :wub:

this truly could get interesting=)

Edited by nosfirebird

rolf himself said its intended but to a severely limited capacity. minimum griefing he said. it might not be minimum but it is low because of the rep system

i have only attacked and destroyed 1 deed which was godcomplex's deed then the BL drained it and disbanded it. ive attacked aspinet and looted it but didnt destroy it ive been on the server for a month and ive attacked 2 deeds

Dude you've attacked more deed then just mine and aspen, what about kriswald's deed? or the DNPA? or Bibidyboobidy place or the countless other places thar weren't deeded? or hittin the same spot more then once, thats not a severely limited capacity, or even limited capacity

Dude you've attacked more deed then just mine and aspen, what about kriswald's deed? or the DNPA? or Bibidyboobidy place or the countless other places thar weren't deeded? or hittin the same spot more then once, thats not a severely limited capacity, or even limited capacity

Sounds like you need some revenge.

. . . Go get some.

Dude you've attacked more deed then just mine and aspen, what about kriswald's deed? or the DNPA? or Bibidyboobidy place or the countless other places thar weren't deeded? or hittin the same spot more then once, thats not a severely limited capacity, or even limited capacity

i didnt do anything to kriswalds deed except kill horses which we were all hunted not my fault they didnt defend. DNPA i didnt do too much to and anything we did was OFF DEED. and bibidyboobidy wasnt deeded.

Edited by nosfirebird

If you want full out PvP possibilities go to HOTS home server or Elevation. It was specifically designed for that type of gameplay. Libila thinks that strength weeds out the weak so she doesn't care if you slaughter eachother internally as long as she can whip you towards the enemy as well.

On the other two home servers we have a different lore with honor ideals suggesting you should not fight among yourselves. This means we want to keep griefing at a minimum. We don't want too many artificial barriers though, and there will be situations where rules can't prevent griefing so you have to be able to take matters in your own hands.

We have never said that those servers are about full out PvP.

At -1 reputation you become an Outlaw and can be killed without penalty.

If you kill someone who is not hunted and who has above 0 reputation, you will lose 20 reputation and become hunted. It's okay becoming hunted. Just go back to your deed.

If someone has the title <Outlaw> or <Hunted> he can be killed on sight without penalty.

If you attack several times, you may lose too much reputation and convert to HOTS at -200.  Who will this happen to? Griefers and some people who don't know the limits. So just back away and rebuild your reputation when you have taught the griefer a lesson.

We try to detect griefers on these servers and make life harder on them. We give them hunted status and remove reputation for various things. Again, these are not PvP servers. They are KvK home servers, supposed to be fairly safe lands when it comes to griefing.

We have tried less reputation effects on these home servers, and it doesn't work well at all.

Rolf, last night we actually TOOK the griefing into our own hands, and what did we get?  Confusing reputation mechanics that prevented us from doing much of anything to "stop the griefers" as per your "honorable server" standard.  There isn't some "golden rule" that determines which player is a griefer and which isn't.  Whoever can figure out the reputation rules most accurately will, by the amoral reputation logic, be "the white knight."

I mean, last night, we chased BL into their mine next to their JK deed, and they stealthed/logged out while we were bashing in.   When we got in, the mine was ~12 tiles inside and reinforced around, so we decided to just start collapsing tiles to trap/destroy the BL inside.  While we were making a mine door, a flood of F2P alts came and joined Nosfire's deed that was right next to the mine we were in.  They ran inside and killed themselves so that their corpses would block the tiles from being collapsed (because they would attack already Hunted players inside, and when the Hunted players accidently killed them, they would lose rep as well (even if they didn't target the non-hunted F2P accounts.)

I'm sorry Rolf, but the idea that there is some noble way to go about the idiocy that has reached Epic proportions on the home servers simply isn't true.  It's not possible.  I don't know what kind of changes are necessary (always full loot was a nice one, maybe) but simply telling players to move to Elevation and Affliction because they want to attack kingdom-mates isn't the solution; we live on JKH (or MRH) for our own reasons, but the simple fact that we cannot even defend ourselves against these types of players is the reason we're so pissed off, lol.

Edit: "They are KvK home servers, supposed to be fairly safe lands when it comes to griefing."

Lol so why do you allow JK-ers to catapult JK deeds if the deed doesn't have templars/kill the templars?

Edited by Fireflyb
  • Like 2

Dude you've attacked more deed then just mine and aspen, what about kriswald's deed? or the DNPA? or Bibidyboobidy place or the countless other places thar weren't deeded? or hittin the same spot more then once, thats not a severely limited capacity, or even limited capacity

u created this urself kiddo

Rolf, last night we actually TOOK the griefing into our own hands, and what did we get?  Confusing reputation mechanics that prevented us from doing much of anything to "stop the griefers" as per your "honorable server" standard.  There isn't some "golden rule" that determines which player is a griefer and which isn't.  Whoever can figure out the reputation rules most accurately will, by the amoral reputation logic, be "the white knight."

I mean, last night, we chased BL into their mine next to their JK deed, and they stealthed/logged out while we were bashing in.   When we got in, the mine was ~12 tiles inside and reinforced around, so we decided to just start collapsing tiles to trap/destroy the BL inside.  While we were making a mine door, a flood of F2P alts came and joined Nosfire's deed that was right next to the mine we were in.  They ran inside and killed themselves so that their corpses would block the tiles from being collapsed (because they would attack already Hunted players inside, and when the Hunted players accidently killed them, they would lose rep as well (even if they didn't target the non-hunted F2P accounts.)

I'm sorry Rolf, but the idea that there is some noble way to go about the idiocy that has reached Epic proportions on the home servers simply isn't true.  It's not possible.  I don't know what kind of changes are necessary (always full loot was a nice one, maybe) but simply telling players to move to Elevation and Affliction because they want to attack kingdom-mates isn't the solution; we live on JKH (or MRH) for our own reasons, but the simple fact that we cannot even defend ourselves against these types of players is the reason we're so pissed off, lol.

Edit: "They are KvK home servers, supposed to be fairly safe lands when it comes to griefing."

Lol so why do you allow JK-ers to catapult JK deeds if the deed doesn't have templars/kill the templars?

how are u going to force griefers out if ur unable to destroy there deeds?

u created this urself kiddo

Lol how did I create this, nos was already doing this crap before I suggested the rep system be fix and it wasn't even my first idea nor did I create the rep system. My first suggestion was to get declarations of war added back in so we could fight griefer without worry about rep but everyone complained and said that it would be better to get the rep system fixed instead as they thought it would just make it easier for them.

i didnt do anything to kriswalds deed except kill horses which we were all hunted not my fault they didnt defend. DNPA i didnt do too much to and anything we did was OFF DEED. and bibidyboobidy wasnt deeded.

On or off deed fact is it still griefing

Edit: if your so proud of the crap you do why do you omit so much of it on the forums cause you know your abusing the rep system...

Ps and we both know the only reason you bailed before you could do more then just kill horses at kirswalds deed is you knew I and some others were on the way to come help the only guy that was on

Edited by godcomplex

On or off deed fact is it still griefing

off deed griefing cant be stopped if you want stuff defended have it on deed or build buildings around crops so you have to catapult or lockpick

the place ur getting hung up on is that griefing is allowed off/on deed without taking rep hits lockpicking and catapulting turns you hunted but if you want more protection then pay for a deed

Edited by nosfirebird

off deed griefing cant be stopped if you want stuff defended have it on deed or build buildings around crops so you have to catapult or lockpick

the place ur getting hung up on is that griefing is allowed off/on deed without taking rep hits lockpicking and catapulting turns you hunted but if you want more protection then pay for a deed

No your right off deed griefing can't be stopped never said anything like that but the fact remains its still griefing Edited by godcomplex

No your right off deed griefing can't be stopped never said anything like that but the fact remains its still griefing

griefing is allowed he is talking about deed griefing is supposed to be a limited capacity which it is. JKH is supposed to defend

If you want full out PvP possibilities go to HOTS home server or Elevation. It was specifically designed for that type of gameplay. ...

Of course you're right, that is what people should do, but some people find it more fun to screw-up a home server instead. Thus that's what they do.

If the Home servers aren't supposed to be full-time PvP, either make it so that we can defend ourselves or so that we don't have to...   Pick one, and devote to it, because this half-ass ###### is really aggravating to everyone involved, and makes it 10x harder to try to do anything because of all these ridiculous loopholes and bugs in the reputation system!

Edited by Fireflyb
  • Like 1

If you want full out PvP possibilities go to HOTS home server or Elevation. It was specifically designed for that type of gameplay. Libila thinks that strength weeds out the weak so she doesn't care if you slaughter eachother internally as long as she can whip you towards the enemy as well.

On the other two home servers we have a different lore with honor ideals suggesting you should not fight among yourselves. This means we want to keep griefing at a minimum. We don't want too many artificial barriers though, and there will be situations where rules can't prevent griefing so you have to be able to take matters in your own hands.

If you kill someone who is not hunted and who has above 0 reputation, you will lose 20 reputation and become hunted. It's okay becoming hunted. Just go back to your deed.

If someone has the title <Outlaw> or <Hunted> he can be killed on sight without penalty.

If you attack several times, you may lose too much reputation and convert to HOTS at -200.  Who will this happen to? Griefers and some people who don't know the limits. So just back away and rebuild your reputation when you have taught the griefer a lesson.

We try to detect griefers on these servers and make life harder on them. We give them hunted status and remove reputation for various things. Again, these are not PvP servers. They are KvK home servers, supposed to be fairly safe lands when it comes to griefing.

We have tried less reputation effects on these home servers, and it doesn't work well at all.

Thank you. 

This is and has always been the best policy to allow for the most wide variety of players and play types to be able to experience epic while still providing more then ample space and fodder for PvP. Epic's success depends on it being able to appeal to more then just the very small group of the hardest core PvPers but in order to do that the mechanics have to provide a fertile bed for the growth to happen and in the past has done so. Griefing, especially internal alt griefing is a serious danger and threat to all of epic long term and must be monitored and keep in line via mechanics on a continuous basis. 

So what do I do if I wake up one day, and I find out that 15 f2p alts are griefing around someones deed on MRH, avoiding the deed itself?  Do I just..... ignore it and let them screw everything up because I cannot lose 20 rep each without going under -200 rep...?  Do we have to use a loophole and just have 15 people come to kill one each, which griefers can just easily do in return?

You cannot just tell someone to go back home.  You're supposed to protect yourself, protect your friends, protect your kingdom mates.  How do you do that, if you gotta say "hey times up, can't play anymore have to go back home and wait out a few days doing nothing on deed!"?  I'm afraid to say you have too much faith in some of your players if you can think you can "teach a griefer a lesson", because if that was the case, JKH would probably not have these issues, nor would some people have cried for more of these anti-pvp restrictions that we're asking to be removed now.  You have to understand the more restrictions you give us, the more you protect griefers!  They're griefers because they don't care about rules, and rules won't stop them because simply that, they don't care.  The only ones feeling the heat from these anti-pvp rules are the ones trying to protect their server and their kingdom mates.

I have played Epic since the beginning, and have played it mostly on Desertion, a home server.  I assure you with 100% honesty, when there were very few anti-pvp rules on the server, everything was flawless and just fine.  In fact, we even had to have you enable attacking other people because we had griefer problems because of the anti-pvp!  And that is exactly where we are going back to, the more anti-pvp there is, the worse and worse the servers will get.

Sure, I can go to Elevation because I sure as hell am not joining HotS, and guess what, I am there.  But one thing I can tell you is it is very sickening anytime I hear about griefing and I cannot do anything to go help my home server because I'll just get punished for doing the right thing.

• Like 5

If the Home servers aren't supposed to be full-time PvP, either make it so that we can defend ourselves or so that we don't have to...   Pick one, and devote to it, because this half-ass ###### is really aggravating to everyone involved, and makes it 10x harder to try to do anything because of all these ridiculous loopholes and bugs in the reputation system!

........... how can u not defend urself???? when on your own deed you can attack ppl griefing without going hunted and when im attacking a deed im hunted. i just build defensive buildings that i can house hop and force you to lock pick and turn hunted then its a fair fighting field. im learning with every fight how to do things better what gates are glitchy and better ways of defending myself

Nosfirebird doesnt tell the whole truth really, you griefed and raided loads more with BL than that, how about New Motala etc? But I agree with you in some ways regarding being able to play as a "traitor" or whatever but you just take it to a silly and an unfunny level with all these f2p-alts and other BS. 

Edited by permo
  • Like 1

Move to JKE where you are still allowed to defend yourself from same kingdom griefers.

convert to hots where you are still allowed to not connect yourself to the zergqueens hive cluster

• Like 1

Nosfirebird doesnt tell the whole truth really, you griefed and raided loads more with BL than that, how about New Motala etc? But I agree with you in some ways regarding being able to play as a "traitor" or whatever but you just take it to a silly and an unfunny level with all these f2p-alts and other BS. 

i do not agree with the free to play alts i do not control black light. they were not attacking you guys until you guys attacked back they were trying to loot and pick up arrows to give back to me since i was running low when you guys started to attack them which gave them the ability to fight back.

the money they drain does not go to me the items they take do not go to me. they have a relative safe area at my deed but deed guards and tower guards still attack them. if rolf comes out and says "this is not a sandbox and you can no longer play how you personally want to play and you have to do this to that kingdom at this time or you will be banned" then i will re-analyze what i want to do in the game and go back to were all my friends are.

but at this moment in time i will be on JKH attacking the ppl who i dont like.

P.S. if anyone has a location on joanavon or arowhuns villages please send me a message so i can go after them next.

thanks!

douchebird

Edited by nosfirebird

Nosfirebird doesnt tell the whole truth really......

Really? How about "ever".

Only a complete imbecile could take out of Rolf's statement that what he's doing is somehow OK - and he isn't that.

Pathological...maybe.

Personally I think that what is happening is making a total mockery of the game, and the ensuing answer which has to come at some point - more alts created to deal with the alts that are there - will simply lead to a spiraling circle of stupidity and time wasting that will drive many away.

Let's face it - the declared intention is "destroy JKH". These people don't care about the game, aren't trying to play it as they know is intended, and are operating as a completely out of control destructive force.

The best option is to free JKH players from the rep rules to deal with them ourselves - but that looks unlikely considering Rolf's statement.

The second option is to copy with massive alt creation who can catapult, remove corpses, generally deal with the stupid "tricks" these guys are employing - but at a massive waste of time and effort, and further twisting of the declared intent of what kind of game we are supposed to be playing.

The third option is to recognize that some people are simply trying to break the game completely by totally refusing to live inside any stated general parameters, and ban their butts. Trolling and people simply out to cause trouble for the fun of it is very widespread all over the Internet - and banning such people who show beyond reasonable doubt that that is all they are interested in is also the usual reaction everywhere. After all, any activity created by people for people to enjoy themselves must have the ability to defend itself. Sometimes banning people is simply the only reasonable option.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 1