Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Close

Hey guys,

I have been thinking for a long time on starting a big project that makes islands part of the mainland. I want to know what people think about it and if I begin to do it, some people will volunteer to help. The first bridge I want to build is from mainland towards port eminence. There is plenty of dirt in eminence island to do this and I have a corbita and tons of horses. I can create more carts if necessary.

Please post here what you think whether you support it or not and state why you do/dont support it. Also if you are willing to help come time to do it please let me know.

Edited by Puertorro

I don't live on Independence but a few things come to mind. For one anyone on an island probably chose to be there to get away from people and would not want it connected to the mainland like that. Second the game is going to have bridges in the future so just wait for them.

That would really annoy me if i happened to be sailing that way and come across this land bridge. All i can see happening is bigger boats with a heavier load getting stuck and not being able to do anything about it.

Havent seen anyone whining about the fact that its not connected atm so dont know why it needs to be.

But meh, i dont live on Indy so do what you like.

Although it sounds like a good project, I wouldn't like to see it happen on my islands and I'm sure my neighbours would feel the same. As Kegan said, we live there for a reason :)

Probably not worth it, as actual bridges will come relatively soon, and they should be superior to dirt bridges.

Come near Maple Island and we sink your ship :)

• Like 1

I'm from Freebears and I thought about a bridge to the islands but there's a lot of boat traffic now since deli opened. So I don't think ppl will like it.

Creating massive navigational hazards is not nice.

live on an island or mainland, you cant have both.

Well said Rasu. We of the maple Syrup Cult will launch barrels of...well, maple syrup of course at any and all bridge builders who approach.

I can't speak for the rest of the islands, but on behalf of ours, and its isolated community:

"Don't even ****ing think about it. We welcome the occasional visitor, but trespassers are KOSed on sight by every deed here. You will be met with hostility, and all construction efforts will be immediately destroyed."

That is all.

• Like 1

So much hostility, but i guess it makes the message clearer.

For me, I considered it before for maple island but there's only 1 place it would even be possible, and that's a massive cliff on the island side so not exactly suitable. That's before you even get into boat issues.

OK!!!!! To all the ppl posting hostilities. First of all It is clearly stated that this is a suggestion so there is no need for hostilities and threats. Second of all, if anyone decides to build a bridge to an island there is nothing you guys can do about it unless you have all the beaches deed'ed, and even so, it can still be accomplished. So please stop the hostilities, the only thing they bring is drama and we dont want any of that.

"Hee hee! I can be a jerk and no one can stop me!" ~ Homer

7J5HfK4.png

Edited by Elen

Second of all, if anyone decides to build a bridge to an surround your part of island the with templars there is nothing you guys can do about it unless you have all the beaches deed'ed, and even so, it can still be accomplished.

OK!!!!! To all the ppl posting hostilities. First of all It is clearly stated that this is a suggestion so there is no need for hostilities and threats. Second of all, if anyone decides to build a bridge to an island there is nothing you guys can do about it unless you have all the beaches deed'ed, and even so, it can still be accomplished. So please stop the hostilities, the only thing they bring is drama and we dont want any of that.

Typical road / bridge / canal suggestion thread, " hey whatcha guys think about bridges to all the Islands? " response " No!" , " Ok, done recieving imput, screw you guys gonna build it anyway! "
  • Like 1

You could try to build it anyway at Maple Island but you have an entire coast line on the only side it would be possible on with a bunch of deeds to deal with before you could start the project. So be smart about it and listen to the people who live somewhere before you try and do something that affects them.

Edited by Rasu
  • Like 1

Lollol sounds like you dont really give a damn about what people think and are going to build it anyway. So i ask, what was the point in this thread?

If you want to be a part of the mainland....move there.

• Like 1

I am just travelling back to Indie from Exo atm, will arrive in 1 or 2 days, but i lived for some time on an island there, and hopefully i will find another spot on an island for my new deed.

That is the main-reason i move to Indie again.

If people don´t get why other people are living on an island i would suggest to care for their own buisness.

Or if they are not happy with living on an island (why ever they choose to live there then), to move onto the mainland would be a clever idea.

If someone would try to build a brigde on the island i live and the other people who life there would share my opinion, people would see what its possible

to "do about it".

I wouldn´t mind to spend an hour the day to do some digging dirt in the sea if its needed, my skill is only at roundabout 60, good way to grind it.

And beside this, Puertorro, you made this thread for feedback.

If you don´t like the feedback thats your problem i guess.

If negative critism is "drama" for you, maybe you should avoid such things.

Edited by Void

Well obviously no one likes the idea so I guess its a no and ill focus on other things. TY to the ppl that posted constructive criticism.