Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

5Th Akhenaten Tournament [Looking For Prizes And Fighters]

Thank you very much!

Was just reading that there was a Corbita as a prize. -droools- who ended up with that?

I had an awesome time. :) Sorry for not writing more earlier. was a long day. What I found works best with that heavy of lag, and I have been to impalong. Turn off Work and Weather sounds. :)

Great job! hope to be there next time!

Edited by KageTenshi

Sklo! And Golden! Thanks for the fantastic event! I'm enjoying it! :D Remember, you can count me in when you need some help on your next event!

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting a great event, looking forward for the next one.

Ok it is the day after the event. And in only a few words it was great. At peak times we had 70 people in local which is one of the biggest events ever. But we also had to learn our lessons, the lags were incredible, handing out armor to newbies isn't easy, next time we will do something different. There will not be any armor next time you will fight unarmored and with the weapon of your choice. We are also going to find some volunteers who are helping us in healing and handing stuff over. I also have got complaints that a flying cow is missing, we will search our flying cow is and put her back on the event one day. After we have been so many people we couldn't really do some GM thing so we decided in the last minutes to do a short but impressive searching task in the forest. It looked impressive when 70 people were heading into the forest.

We also didn't give out every donation we had because I don't want only a few people getting all of the stuff so there will be a part also next time up as a prize again. But at all we gave out stuff which is worth around 2 - 2.5g and I hope the winners really like their new stuff. To those people who haven't won anything yet, don't give up we are trying that not everytime wins the same group of persons.

At last I only can say thank you to everyone who attended. Thanks to my assistants. Thanks to the PR Team for this great blog entry, especially thanks to Doctorchese for his great support with that. Thanks to Flinter the mayor of Akhenaten who donated so much in the last seconds and also make it able for us to use the town for such huge events. And also a big thank you to Akhenaten which built the arena along with me and they are assisting me where they can Thank You.

• Like 1

I am Glad to have watched the event, it did go really well concidering. For those who did not win dont be disheartened as i will always donate to this event so there will always be extravagent prizes to be won. I thank everyone for showing up to this great event and hope to see you all next time.

• Like 1

I don't suppose you guys found an extra pair of 70ql chain boots in your armor bags, did you? I just realized mine are missing and I think I may have thrown them into one of your bags by accident.

We haven't cleaned up yet ^^

But I will send you them if we find them.

Great event, as always - and went smoothly once it got going! Thanks to all involved.

Do we have a record of who won each class? And who went home with the big prizes?

Sure I was just too lazy to post it.

But now I will post it :)

Spar for the title Grand Champion of the 5th Akhenaten Tournament:

Gumbo vs FevFev

Congratulations to the new Grand Champion of Freedom: Gumbo

League 1: 80+fs => Champion FevFev (without fighting)

League 2: 70fs => Champion Gumbo

League 3: 60fs => Champion Doctorcheese

League 4: 50fs => Champion Czeslavpl

League 5: 40fs => Champion Hulagirl (without fighting)

League 6: 30fs => Champion Azuryon

League 7: 20fs => Champion Jozsibacsi

League 8: 10fs => Champion Chiqa

League 9: 0-9,99fs => Champion Mokum

Edited by Sklo:D

So close DocCheese ! So close ! I should have gotten those 0.7 long sword skill to get 40 before the event and finish you off with a Bloodscion. =)

Really good event, thanks to all. But i won't get over loosing 3rd league so darn close. ^^ Well, next time !

Thanks for the great saturday night !

Edited by Vedurin

League 5: 40fs => Champion Hulagirl (without fighting)

i travelled from the other end of Freedom to earn the glory of arena fighter, and was really disappointed by "winning without fighting". Oh well, back to raking the fields, maybe better luck next time :)

Thank you for great event!

Congrats to all the Champions from all the leagues, well fought. Hope you had as great a time at this event as I did. I'm honoured at becoming the new Grand Champion of Freedom, they were some very large shoes to fill. Wanted to say thank you to the organizers, and all who helped out to make it work, good job.

P.S. Looking forward to lighting the torch at the next tournament opening ceremonies.

;)

So close DocCheese ! So close ! I should have gotten those 0.7 long sword skill to get 40 before the event and finish you off with a Bloodscion. =)

It was such a close fight! I didn't know whether I'd lost or won until I looked at the combat tab, we were both mostly dead x)

I have to say, this is the best fighting tournament I've been to yet. Sklo runs a tight ship and the event went well :)

The only thing is that I'd recommend armour is kept for the next tournament - otherwise fights would be over very quickly, almost too quickly, and would be a lot more down to lucky hits. Instead, I think another arena (or two...) should be built adjacent to the main one - the lower-level qualifying fights could be held there while more major fights go on simultaneously in the main arena. With more armour and weapons and more people volunteering to hand them out then the fighting could be finished much quicker - this year however I think we were swamped by more people than expected. This is probably partly due to the increased advertising on the Facebook page, dev blog etc - all I can say is that it's great that Wurm can give community events that kind of a chance, after all community is central to Wurm and the more it can be boosted the better!

There will not be any armor next time you will fight unarmored and with the weapon of your choice.

i understand that getting so much armor can be a pain, but with people fighting naked, its gonna be a matter of "who can get the first couple hits in" rather than skill, imo. especially since there will be some people using 2 handed weapons

I have something to say about the Champion of Group 9. Congratz.

But, I'd like to know how you came to that determination? I fought the first battle in Group 9 and I won. Why was I not matched against someone else after that? In fact, the gentleman that I beat ended up getting to fight again, instead of me. That makes no sense.

I would make a suggestion next time you hold one of these.

1. Set a cutoff date for entrants

2. post a ladder of who will fight who for initial fights

3. post a ladder system - winner of this fight goes to battle winner of that fight, etc..

The drake set was nice to win, but I was there for the social part and to test my abilities.

Unless I can get some sort of logical explanation of why I was not allowed to fight again, having been the first one to win in League 9, I probably will not enter again and I will advise others to be wary. You can call me ungrateful because I won the drake set, but this was supposed to be about sportsmanship. The drake set was a separate raffle, from the actual fights. It felt like it was to make up for me not getting to fight again even though it was a random draw. Disappointing :(

Edited by KageTenshi

League 8: 10fs => Champion Chiqua

Her name is Chiqa! I kinda wonder why everyone keep spelled her name wrong... xD

I have something to say about the Champion of Group 9. Congratz.

But, I'd like to know how you came to that determination? I fought the first battle in Group 9 and I won. Why was I not matched against someone else after that? In fact, the gentleman that I beat ended up getting to fight again, instead of me. That makes no sense.

I would make a suggestion next time you hold one of these.

1. Set a cutoff date for entrants

2. post a ladder of who will fight who for initial fights

3. post a ladder system - winner of this fight goes to battle winner of that fight, etc..

The drake set was nice to win, but I was there for the social part and to test my abilities.

Unless I can get some sort of logical explanation of why I was not allowed to fight again, having been the first one to win in League 9, I probably will not enter again and I will advise others to be wary. You can call me ungrateful because I won the drake set, but this was supposed to be about sportsmanship. The drake set was a separate raffle, from the actual fights. It felt like it was to make up for me not getting to fight again even though it was a random draw. Disappointing :(

Yes I see this was definitely our fault and I only want to apologize for this incident. We are very sorry and hope that you can forgive us at the next tournament, there will be a much better organisation. I have to give in and say we never calculated with so many people and the lags didn't make it easier for us. Btw we also had a ladder diagram but around 15 people who were signed up didn't even show up so we couldn't know that they wouldn't come because there was no forum post of them. So the ladder diagram had to be changed completely during the fight.

Also the unarmored fights aren't sure yet, depends on the volunteers we will get for the next event.

so not too bad i lost against Gumbo as he ended up being the champ :D Grats everyone!

ATTENTION:

Remember that the rules say that the stuff you get is only borrowed, I am missing tons of stuff including a complete 50QL chain set with backpack but also other parts are still missing. Please post here if you still have got some armor parts or a complete armor. The most parts are renamed with a number between 0 and 4. If the parts and the complete armor set don't not return we will ask our event logs and punish this behavior.

Lost and Found:

I have found the following parts which don't belong to me.

lostandfound.png

Edited by Sklo:D

Hey, thats my chain gauntlet and coif! But i dont need em back really, already made better ones.

Also had some similar experiences as KageTenshi had.

I was declared the winner on the match against AvengingSlayer but never got to fight again, but that's fine, t'was a good fight and there was some oddities in fight aswell probably due to lag..

Hopefully there will be a better organization next time though, otherwise a very fun event :)

Yeah we experienced that there was more than one finding after some spars.