Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

New server coming!

Believe its still down for now, Rolf is probably franticlly trying to solve the problem as we type. Like to post a Thanks to Rolf again for the new server though :)

***edit bug reported***

My main character Kyrmius was in a rowboat today with 57 items (only 57 not hundreds). I also had one blank settlement form in my character's backpack in personal inventory. No Writs of any kind. No deed papers either. Rolf had been in our area doing the tests with Players to see if the crossing would work.

I was about 8 tiles from the boundary (this is where Xallo says I screwed up and I think he's right to be honest) ad Rolf gave us the "Go" message so I went. I hit the boundary... I seemed to be crossing (it was like when we crossed before when I came from MRH to Indy)... and then I got kicked from boat, but when I tried to get back in it said I was too far away. Server crashes.

Indy comes back up again after restart, Deli comes back up after crash... I try to log in...

"Connection Denied: <You need to register an account on www.wurmonline.com.>"

My character *POOF* . Gone. Three years.

Elwood had same happen, so did others. They say my character is lost between servers. I don't believe it. To me that means my character may have been deleted during the crash somehow. Unrecoverable.

I hope they are right and my fear is wrong.

Hope it gets sorted but you never know you may have just shipwrecked in the void that is Epic, quick chop all those trees down.

Hope it gets sorted but you never know you may have just shipwrecked in the void that is Epic, quick chop all those trees down.

I can not log in at all. The log-in server says I don't have an account, that the account name Kyrmius doesn't exist. I don't see how my character is on ANY of the servers in this case or the log-in server would at least recognize the name.

I thank you for trying to give me hope though, I appreciate it.

I had been on IRC for many hours today, I said something in IRC but IRC is total chaos today, very few people even noticed that some of us lost characters in all this mess. I seriously hope a rollback happens... but if it don't... bah I don't want to think about it.

If accounts are lost I'm sure they'd be a roll back to a previous server save, I wouldn't fear. :)

hey atleast there was a postive out of that outcome LOL

I don't think I want to know what you're really saying here and/or referring to... I am gonna let that bait float away....

Character recovered successfully. rowboat recovered without loss of items. Successful cross over to Deli.

Thank you Manny, Poseidon, Rolf, anyone else that helped. I would rather go to Wild alone and without FS than to go through what I did today. Nothing sucks quite like thinking your Wurm character just got deleted.

Glad it got sorted for you, I feel your pain. I had lots of issues (got randomly chucked to another part of F1 when trying to cross in a rowing boat) but at least my char wasn't lost.

The map I have generated is actually half the side (2048) of the current one. I think Wurm is too desolate and servers at 4096 size starts lagging after a while.

well, i just mapped the north and most of west coast.  This map is NOT 2048x2048.  Looks like the land alone fills the 2048 not including the water. 

what i started.  http://tinyurl.com/3stosxr

the box is exactly 2048x2048 grid (tiles not pixels, remember i am using map software, not image software).  the line is accurate to the individual tile.  I will recenter the landmass later etc.

maybe this is what caused some of the location displacement on crossing, if server code did a 1/2 calculation from 4096 to 2048 for position, but this map is clearly not 2048 total. 

The map I have generated is actually half the side (2048) of the current one. I think Wurm is too desolate and servers at 4096 size starts lagging after a while.

well, i just mapped the north and most of west coast.  This map is NOT 2048x2048.  Looks like the land alone fills the 2048 not including the water. 

what i started.  http://tinyurl.com/3stosxr

the box is exactly 2048x2048 grid (tiles not pixels, remember i am using map software, not image software).  the line is accurate to the individual tile.  I will recenter the landmass later etc.

maybe this is what caused some of the location displacement on crossing, if server code did a 1/2 calculation from 4096 to 2048 for position, but this map is clearly not 2048 total. 

Sorry but the map is 2048x2048. You've made an error somewhere

Dirt depth should be pretty decent.

On future maps, please make it a bit more decent. I feel you made it 20 average just to cater to free players. Its hard to do any amount of decent terraforming with a dirt layer of 20 (I heard of places with 50, but I feel around 100 would be pretty perfect.)