Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Top 100 GUI suggestions (YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!)

Allow us to opt-out of using the combat log (ala how the event log used to be)

Oh and allow us to improve items by clicking on the icon in the improve column would be nice.

Perhaps we could get the option to view skillchange over a timeline (1 week, 1 month, etc.) with an arrow to indicate increase or decrease and showing by how much.

for fighting -

Make it so that there's another right-click option (ground tile > stop targeting) so that when us weaklings are trying to run away, we don't waste stamina fighting champion trolls (or other stuff), and concentrate fully on running

would be good for beginners  ;)

i dont think the idea of notifying when someone enters local is cool. takes away the last bit of sneaking that you guys had.

scaled corpse (for champion animal and older/younger)

pebble (like new option on grass find pebble?)

slingshot (shaft + string of cloth / something wemp made maybe , ammo - pebble quite weak but easy to make weapon)

rename couple item at same time (right click on top of bulk and rename all) same with set price price

merchant should be able to hold item in container (like quiver of arrow or jar of seed)

EDIT:

Additional suggestion - maybe move current movement speed from out of stats window and tack it onto the "bars" window?

like in beta :)

there is no DRINK option when on a boat. Out at sea where the tiles are stamp size, you can get really thirsty. We had the same problem with the FISH option.

make sorting take the name you put on it into consideration. So if you have 5 mallets for example then sorting them by name should give this result:

[-] mallet (5x)

mallet (woa1)

mallet (woa2)

mallet (woa11)

mallet (woa20)

mallet (woa25)

make sorting take the name you put on it into consideration. So if you have 5 mallets for example then sorting them by name should give this result:

[-] mallet (5x)

mallet (woa1)

mallet (woa2)

mallet (woa11)

mallet (woa20)

mallet (woa25)

i thought it did?

[-] mallet (5x)

mallet (woa1)

mallet (woa2)

mallet (woa11)

mallet (woa20)

mallet (woa25)

i thought it did?

It does.

Keep in mind that it's not a natural sort, though, so woa2 will sort after woa11, gotta make it woa02 or 'woa 2' or somesuch.

3D Related

- Unable to select an object and instead getting the tile underneath (selection method!)

maybe allow shift key to highlight objects (not tiles)

Inventory Windows

- Split Equipment and Inventory into TWO Separate windows

Maybe allow dragging of containers into the main window and have it open a new window of that container contents

Windows

- Make a new window for managing friends

- Favour bar

also show Curent Max Faith

Could we have a slider on bottom or top of windows to adjust the transparency, so can read the text during day and night? (Currently the text is easy to see against a dark background, but dirt or a lit forge make the text mostly unreadable)

Menu System

- Inconsistency with order of menu items popping up

(Select pile of items and rename moves in the way, Happens for "Pour" and "Rename" alot, move the TAKE option for lamps and signs away from top of the list, where usually you get EXAMINE)

Does this include the menus for unfinished items?

- Make right-click not select menu options

why? i like that feature  :P

- Make the right menu faster try caching it on the client or similar.

Maybe show the full menu as the selection is still checked on server when its sent, that way people wont keep selected the wrong menu option due to lag (e.g. starting a wall when they had almost finished a door)

Graphics/Design

- Files and Carving knives, Leatherworking knives must get separate icons.

Mortimar has told me they do have seperate ones, i've already asked for them to be change so they face in seperate directions to make it easier to see which is which. Note, Chisel (and butchers knife) also looks the same as those three)

Misc

- Improved logging - logs should be sorted in subdirectories by character playing, and there should be log dating (optionally the log length could be a preference)

Auto Archive of logs? e.g. into a seperate subdirectory

- Toolbelt remembers what's attached to them, maybe even actually attach the items to the toolbelt (inventory move)

Disagree with the move part, as i'd like to have multiple toolbelts and just wear the one i need and i may be using the same items in more than one toolbelt.

- Full equipment swap of armor sets

So long as a timer is used for you to get changed

- long range / close combat item swap)

So long as a timer is used for you to get eqip the new items

Non GUI Related but Client-related Comments

- Visible different crop types (if you have the skill)

Agreed, but some crops would always look different e.g. garlic .v. Wheat, but Wheat .v. Barley may look same for a lot of people

- Add Glow to Enchanted items

(like this one!! - make brightness a function of enchant power)

A couple of the manage screens have their horizontal scroll fixed, e.g. it does not move no matter how tall/short you make the window. One of the screens is the manage roles.

I agree with Manny that the 'xx enters local' and 'yy leave local' should not be included, also, i think knowing who is in your local is wrong too, i think that list of names from local tab should be removed!

there is no DRINK option when on a boat. Out at sea where the tiles are stamp size, you can get really thirsty. We had the same problem with the FISH option.

active fishing rod right click ON BOAT  ::)

Hmn.

I'd like to see a skin for the menu's. The current ones don't blend into the game at all, they are an eyesore. Give them a wooden box element just to throw in a random example.

Paperdoll model for treating wounds and placing armour. Both in inventory is messy, and sometimes I still mess up by placing my chain pants in my left hand lol.

Other then that, I like all the ideas except for the entering local bit.

Sorry if these were on the list above, it was hard to read with the formatting for me.

• Ability to pull up list of friends/allies who are online with double-click to chat
  • Sound effects when moving through underbrush, for yourself, other players and creatures
  • Armour-appropriate sound effects for movement (take off heavy amours or chain to move quietly)

Grabbing items, same as dragging but a lot slower and the object will be infront of you instead of behind. Useful for moving chests and stuff with precision.

Display /lotime in F12 window

Remove twosided rendering of character faces for performance and weirdness

Show active tool without having inventory open

Automatically sort inventory and opened containers alphabetically

Save village chat into village_villagename.log

Fix "pile of something" into pile of items model change

Always place arrow shafts above ground

Rotate certain pile and item models to match tile slope (felled trees, for example)

Add environmental sounds (rain, thunder, walking on (wet) surface, splashing water, animal "idle" sounds, wind)

Always save two screenshots, one with UI and one without UI, with disabled object outlines

Add a stop/abort button to the action timer bar

Add a stop/abort button to the action timer bar

Enhanced version: add a list of stacked actions with an abort button for each action.

Add item icons into "Create" submenu.

Im not sure if this counts as GUI suggestion, but having an ally chat would be nice.

yes +1 to that idea.

I've been playing Wurm off and on since beta, and I have thought of a few ideas that I think would make the GUI more user friendly, and less of an eye sore.

My number one concern is there is just way too much clicking/moving items in this game. Why must it take me 30 seconds to equip my armor/weapons? I should be able to double click and equip at the very least, but what is really necessary is a Paper Doll like most MMO's have. It is also ridiculous how you can't drag items from the ground or containers, directly to another container or cart.

Secondly, there needs to be a change in how the user interface is saved. Whenever I log into Wurm, I have to reset my toolbar, change my skill/inventory window so everything is alphabetical, and finally go into the console to make sure my Client Statistics are showing. Why isn't this saved on logout? The chat windows save perfectly.

I think one big change could be made to the chat/combat/event windows. Get rid of the hideous background texture and make it possible to have one color scheme, or none at all (black background, grey, green, red, whatever color you want)

Havent read all the posts in this thread so bear with me if this has already been mentioned.

Akin to how the compass only appears when a compass is being carried, the paperdoll would only appear when a mirror is being carried. The "paperdoll" could possibly be 3D and rotatable so the user can view their char while retaining the first-person-view aspect of wurm.

EDIT: again like the compass in beta, a "free" mirror/paperdoll will exist until the components for crafting mirrors exist. Although a rough kind of mirror exists with highly polished metal. No need for glass then except maybe for a fine mirror.

1. Drag and drop from one pile / container to another without passing it through inventory would be awsome.

2. Targeted creatures could remain highlighted even when you don't have pointer over them ( would ease up hunting with a bow in forests )

3. Right click player -> Share target option that sets you the same target that other player has.

4. Fixed position for items that you drop. For instance, you could drop and pick up unfinished bed to fix it's position when finished.

5. Make items like forges, looms, large barrels and chests possible to drag ( like carts ) but at very low speed. That would save us dozen of  pull / push back and forth actions in order to adjust position.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards

kraw

"# Split Equipment and Inventory into TWO Separate windows"

Make these tabs in a single window; Also, add a tab for when dragging mobile objects like carts. The tab would appear right after doing a drag command.

make sure items can easily be move among tabs. a few suggestions:

1. mouse drag while keyboard tabbing through windows.

2. mouse drag over tab to make it active/top.

Auto scroll through the window when dragging an item.

key+mouse-over combo when dragging to expand or contract a group of items.

"Make a new window for managing friends."

add option to prevent others on my friends list from seeing when my toons log on/off. I want to control who gets to see when I log on/off.

as far as all the suggested bars go... please also include a mouse over text like it is now.

enable the ability to combine event,combat,chat all into one tabbed window while keeping the skill active/progress bar at the bottom.

Get rid of all the climbing...ect buttons and bind them to keys.

add a text command, whether that be console base or chat window, to auto position and size windows. I really dislike using the mouse LR window re-size; Then, mouse up and drag the window around.