Enki

August 31st - Riders! Start your crocodiles! - update #0009

16 minutes ago, Enki said:

should be able to avoid so many deaths

but do you really want to avoid all those deaths?

congratulations on a most successful event.
(i logged in and asked within our 'other' cluster)
The consensus is yay .. which was followed by another very considered topic.
chuffed that it was a success. gratz. !

Edited by Steveleeb

a very nice event I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did everyone else. I hope Enki has the chance to do more events in future if he becomes our Event Manager.

• Like 2

Round 3 Results!

WO32b6M.png

3pijUjr.png

And the pile of dead donkeys continues to grow

VTjlIkz.png

• Like 9

So glad i could participate in this event, everyone is having a blast, the racetrack is awesome, and its just great fun :) I very much look forward to more events hosted by Enki!

P.S quite the corpse pile-up we got going here💀

• Like 1

This was fantastic fun Enki hosted an awesome event and I look forward to attending each and everyone hosted in the future +1 for making Enki events manager as They always make things a blast *\o/*

• Like 1

Final Round!!!

eN8tkYA.png

8NBw0IG.png

And so the Inaugural Rollercoaster Derby draws to a close.  We had a blast today and we had good participation.

I discovered some new things that would help with future events, but as well as this went, there were some abysmal failures as well.  Unfortunately some of the active dynamic track changes had to be left out for now and I will be filing a bug report with Pomona on the problems that have come up in the mission ruler system. 

The trophy and award names should read "Enki's Cadence Rollercoaster Derby of 1120"  There was a big problem when I somehow killed myself and the names became messed up.  So anyone needing the names corrected, please contact us and let us know.  I have already fixed most of them.

Also, some of the codes given with the prizes were acting strange, if any of the winners has trouble with it, we will help you get it taken care of.

As a final reminder,  the unique items will not decay, but they will take damage if you try to use them!  They are intended as collectibles only.

This was fun guys, I was thrilled to pull this off in the limited amount of time I had, and I hope to be given the opportunity to do more events, more long term quests, and many more fun and interesting missions.

I will be modifying the Cadence Rollercoaster Derby for public use so that you may make your own races or just enjoy it or maintain it.  I plan on hosting more races there as part of an eventual circuit of different kinds of races.

Thank you all for attending and making this a success, and thanks to Ferocity and Ariahhhh for streaming the event.

/Enki

Oh, and our pile of used animals!

OdcDhTB.png

• Like 8

Grats to everyone who won in the race and thanks for putting the event on. I hope there will be one on SFI sometime also.

• Like 3

I had a great time at the event, thank you for hosting!

I didn't actually check the names of the rewards before I left back to Harmony, however I have noticed they were changed.

Who should I contact about getting them fixed?

They are currently in the inventory of IgnitedRat

0508fe8a5680b6ad70e63a87d1ed8bf5.png

• Like 1

I actually have the exact same naming issue as Ignited, although I'm pretty sure when I got them they were named correctly. The items are on Meruvian on Melody514640f3be285350a32189704290374a.png

It might be that the names will not work and I will have to rename everyone of them,  but it will be a unique name regardless.

Anyway, I will fix them for you.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, some time in the last 24 hours the names got cut off again. I didn't see exactly when, but it may have happened when I crossed servers. That said, it's not really a big deal to me considering the names are still unique and it's obvious what they're from.

On 02/08/2023 at 01:32, Enki said:

Hello everyone!

I am building an event aimed to be held toward the latter part of August.  This hopefully will be the first of many different events I will build and host in Wurm Online as an "in game content creator"..... yeah we will think of a title for me....

For this month I would like to devote my effort towards building a functional multifaceted race track with the current mission system.  I plan to build on Cadence on the northern cluster this time, but do not worry for those on the southern cluster, I gotta start somewhere, and I am planning at least one more race track on the southern isles, and maybe up to 3 more, two on each cluster.  The plan is to have different race types on the same course while the course itself changes to keep it from being a simple oval course.

/Enki

Marked in bold:

This event would come to the SFI as well.

However, ever since the first race, nothing has been updated about this.

Does that mean the SFI won't get an event like this, has something happened  to postpone the event?

@Enki, could you shine a light on this, please?

Thanks in advance.

Thorin :)

• Like 1

it'll happen. i believe he's still waiting for a contract and probably having to apply his energy elsewhere so that he can afford to eat.
check his profile to find his last 'present' date and cross yer fingers for him. many of us are still very.. hopeful for him and quite bothered that he's yet to receive the respect he deserves from 'de management'
Personally ive bookmarked this page.

On 10/28/2023 at 7:47 AM, Thorinoakshield said:

@Enkiare you still alive? Because I really would like to see an update on this.

Thorin

He was online last month talking in GL, hope to see this event in SFI 😁

13 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

it'll happen. i believe he's still waiting for a contract and probably having to apply his energy elsewhere so that he can afford to eat.
check his profile to find his last 'present' date and cross yer fingers for him. many of us are still very.. hopeful for him and quite bothered that he's yet to receive the respect he deserves from 'de management'
Personally ive bookmarked this page.

Even if he's working somewhere else, he could post an update here, right?

So far, nothing.

And I; just like many others; would like to know if this event is even going to happen at SFI, if it's postponed or what.

When we're told it's postponed for an uncertain amount of time, we know it'll happen at some point.

Right now we now nothing. Which means we got a lot of Jon Snow's around here....

• Like 1

Worried that Enki will never be back as paid. 

On 11/19/2023 at 5:03 AM, Brattygirl said:

Some posts removed per Thorin and Shagsangel. 

Are we disclosing people who report things now?

3 hours ago, lyhrinae said:

I was asked by the posters to remove their posts. There were no rules broken. This post was made so players don't think that we are hiding things for no reason. I have edited my comment.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

On 20/11/2023 at 20:12, lyhrinae said:

On 20/11/2023 at 20:14, Brattygirl said:

I was asked by the posters to remove their posts. There were no rules broken. This post was made so players don't think that we are hiding things for no reason. I have edited my comment.

To add to this:

The discussion between Steeveleeb, ShagsAngel and me went from the original intention of the thread and my question whether or not this event will happen at SFI, to a discussion whether or not Enki is still around and / or (not) being paid and thus not updating this thread.

When most of Steeveleebs posts after November 15th - by his own request - were removed; the replies ShagsAngel and I made to those were becomming irrelevant as well.

Because if that I wanted my posts to be removed and thus contacted ShagsAngel to ask her if it was ok if her reply was removed as well, considering that one was irrelevant as well.

When ShagsAngel agreed to that request, I have send a PM to BrattyGirl with the request to remove the posts and post a reply stating the posts were removed by request of myself and ShagsAngel. Which she did.

The reason I did thàt, is because I've been mentioning for some time now that it would be better for the ease of the community if the forum moderators mentioned why posts are removed, not to start a new discussion, but to show people why some decissions are made. And it wouldn't be "fair" if I had my and ShagsAngel posts removed, but not mentioning why.

Either way, the deed is done, so can we all cross our fingers now, hoping Enki will update us soon (tm) about whether or not the Race-event will happen at SFI?

Edited by Thorinoakshield
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

Bump for hope..

Edited by Captain
  • Like 1