Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

I feel like I'm playing a dying game...

Op it sounds like you hate WO and have for a long time, maybe its time to play WU and make your own game rules.

All we get now is a few brief words and a weekly screenshot ^^.

My biggest issue with the PR team at the moment. 

celebration died  long time ago hasnt had over 20 people since Xan opened has nothing to do with WU has to do with you stayed and everyone lees moved 

This statement is so very untrue. In just the last cpl months I have seen the number go above 40 online and even at this very moment there is 34.

Wurm is not dying but it evolving.

Rolf and Code Club made the brave decision to release WU. This allowed those players who prefer greater flexibility to create their own version of Wurm. I am glad that it seems to have been a success for those players who have gone to WU and for Rolf himself.

There are naturally fewer WO players left to go around and there has been a significant fall in numbers. I am one of those who prefer the challenge of the original game and have stayed put. I hope that equal numbers make the transition from WU to WO but we shall see.

I read with interest the views of Wurmhole and could see some of his 'predictions' coming true in the future.

I think that Wurm (in whatever format) is totally unique, amazing and challenging. Is it not too much to hope that the people who play it would be looking to support it (rather than knock it) and let it evolve to an even better game than it already is?

• Like 1

Personally I don't feel like WO is dying. I've been playing for roughly 5 months, which isn't nearly as long as many of you I realize but the first 3-4 months of playing I very rarely ran into other players. Even with exploring I probably came across 3 that were in or around my area. Since WU came out I have noticed far more people on WO, not only looking around exploring but many settling down making their own deeds. We now have a fairly nice sized alliance with people that play daily. 

• Like 2

I'm currently playing both flavors - have the pros and cons in both.

In WO I don't really see the user count is lower than usual, true that many names are new on the the chat tab - that I dare to see as a new influx ...

my experience so far with having WU released is good

we have a new member in our deed in WO that wanted to play this version after spending a few weeks in WU

our deed has grown by 8 then lost 4 of the new recruits (50% is a good number in retaining new recruits)

apart from that i think the new fallout is more of a distraction for people then WU is but that might just be because i know quite a few players that are taking a break from wurm to play Fallout

wurm numbers go up and down, but i dont think any significant changes have occured.

I am looking forward to the next big project in wurm

revamp fighting? 3d mines?

personally i hope for doors and walls in mines, that way i get to be a caveman :)

• Like 3

I'm currently playing both flavors - have the pros and cons in both.

In WO I don't really see the user count is lower than usual, true that many names are new on the the chat tab - that I dare to see as a new influx ...

Actually the online player numbers have dropped considerably. I have been keeping an eye on the numbers via Niarja. Couple of months ago it was around 1k players online during peak times(1.1k or so on weekends). Yesterday for example player count didn't reach even 700 at the peak time (tuesday is usually the most quiet day tho).

Also we can see the numbers of WU. These numbers are also going down, doesn't even get 1k simultaenous players any more. Why is it important? Because it is clear, that many players have already stopped playing WU, but WO numbers haven't gone up. So it is quite clear, that WU isn't functioning as launchpad for WO, at least not to the extent it was hoped. Most of the WU players, who quit, simply have moved on to other games.