Sign in to follow this  
Allanon

Anything that can be made from iron should be able to be made from steel

I just started making steel and imagine my surprise when neither a saw blade nor a sickle could be made out of steel.

To me steel serves all the same functions as iron, but is more durable so I'm not sure why there are some items that I can make from iron, but not steel. I can see not going the other way around, but it seems contradictory to be able to make a Scythe Blade, a Carving Knife Blade, Wire, Arrow heads, and Rivets out of steel, but not Scythe Blades, Saw Blades, or Torches.

Steel should be able to be used to make a more durable version of anything that can be made from iron.

Edited by Allanon
  • Like 7

+1

Also, please let us make iron plate armors that looks different.

+1 this comes up either on the forums, in various threads someone will mention it, or in game in chat.

No reason except possibly balance issues of damage, decay or whatever that hold this up. ( just my opinion ) but yea no reason why if we can make steel weapons and armor that we can't make steel tools.

+1
If there is some balancing hidden in what we can currently make out of steel it totally eludes me.

...come on... STEAL SICKLES! Must have!  :wub:

+1 For the other metals and alloys as well 

copper sickle that gets dull (dmgs quicker) but takes enchantments easier 

Bronze sickle that has a chance of shattering every x uses but is quicker then iron...

Just thinking outloud but something could be done to make the metals more useful.