Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Highway Rule

The sections of it as applies to deeded land need to go. Deed It or Lose It is the rule of the land. If a highway is to be protected, the tiles should be paid for and not able to be deeded. Until they are, there's no reason that 2 bricks stuck to dirt should override deed autonomy. It's been stated many times that perimeter is public land. Deed It or Lose It. A deed is not public land. The opposite is true for non-public land and the rules for public land no longer apply. It was Deeded. You Lost It.

• Like 5

there's no reason that 2 bricks stuck to dirt should override deed autonomy. 

Devs.

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

72c37a47a6.png

proud supporters of the rams in wurm movement

put rams on the roads now!!!

• Like 4

thats all jiberish if you deed knowing its a highway you know you have to either keep in your deed or change it so it goes around it. you know before you deed.

• Like 2

thats all jiberish if you deed knowing its a highway you know you have to either keep in your deed or change it so it goes around it. you know before you deed.

No. Jibberish is protecting a line of two bricks on a deed while it is perfectly okay to smash down fences or other undeeded "controlled land"  devices because someone didn't pay for it. A deed is paid for. What is on it, whether it was there prior or not, becomes owned by the deeder. To be honest, I think the whole thing should go but definitely on deeds.

Devs.

I would say valid reasons but I think my OP is combative enough. ;)

You can divert the highway around your deed.

With GM permission. It's my/your deed. I/You shouldn't need permission to do anything on it.

72c37a47a6.png

proud supporters of the rams in wurm movement

put rams on the roads now!!!

If they are black sheep rams, I vote yes with two thumbs up!

• Like 1

The highway rules are terrible, just remove it. If it's not deeded, its free for everyone to use as they please. If its deeded its for the owner to do as he pleases.

Evidently many of you did not play before the highway rule was implemented.

I did and it was a nightmare to get anywhere!

I had to swim to get to and from my friends deed I started on, even though there was a highway and boat bridge built on the island people were able to drop deeds and erase the highway built by previous owners.  It was not restored until my guild controlled enough of the island to restore the highway.

Also the highways to freedom market were being torn up, moved and not redone so to and from there was also a nightmare and those became the first protected highways.  Then the rule was added and things are much better with this rule than without it.

• Like 9

I'm glad that Rolf is ignoring poltry matters like rules mechanic problems. MR-Chaos fully supports the #ramsinwurm movement. 3000 sigs and growing! 

ZLvvwLJ.png

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 2

My post is limited to deeds only, though I dislike the whole thing.

I was against Deed It or Lose It. I was against the dismantling of the FCC. Yet we have it. It's what people wanted. It's what we got. With Deed It or Lose It, the inability for me to dictate what is and is not on my deed is ludicrous. The highway rule off deed is fine with me one way or the other. I don't pay for it (obviously as it's been tossed at me enough when I I didn't like my perimeter dug to rock) so it's none of my concern. It's a "Have your cake and eat it too" thing. It's no less controlling the land than "Legal Enclosures" was yet they are gone, though even then you could just deed over them and remove them. Not so with two bricks stuck to the dirt in a line. They are there forever unless you have permission to move them.

I'm also against the no KoS if your deed has a highway. Another point as to why it needs to be removed from deed controlled areas. If you slap down enough bricks, you can dictate who can and cannot, now and in the future,  KoS in an entire region unless they deed the side of a mountain that a road would be useless on or other land that's of little or no desirability.

The entire highway rule is counter to Deed It or Lose It. It's even worse. It dictates what can and cannot be done on a deed that a player pays for control of the land it is on.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

What is off deed now can easily become on deed when a new player with a deed stake decides that this nice flat place is their perfect new home and it already has a floor for their house! 

I have seen it happen.  :rolleyes:

Not to mention the griefing potential of deeding the highways around someones deed and closing off the highways.

This too has happened.

Edited by Bachus
  • Like 1

Now you are seeing more clearly. They deeded it. That's how it works now. Yet it's not. It's contradictory.

Which road on release brought this rant on?

• Like 1

its really sad all this trolling its tolerated in the forums

• Like 1

Which road on release brought this rant on?

Take your pick. Any road that is on a deed that someone doesn't want a road on but is required to keep it until such time as the GMs approve removing it while Deed It or Lose It is the rule of the game.

If you read closer, you will see it's not about roads. It's about deeds. You know. Those things you buy or lose it. Well, unless a road is on it. You don't lose those if someone deeds it. All the while, anything else not deeded is fair game. In some cases, anything deeded is fair game too. Unless, of course, it's a road.

Taking a page out of Gumbo's book eh.  ;)

heh, yeah. It will work about as well here as it did for him there I bet too!  :lol:

• Like 1

No, they need to stay.

If you don't want the highway restrictions to apply to your deed, don't deed over a highway and don't build a highway on it. Its really very simple.

There are vast areas that can be deeded over that do not come with a highway problem. Stop coveting the nice places that highways have been built through and the issue will go away.

Taking a page out of Gumbo's book eh.  ;)

Huh? Care to elaborate, cuz I'm not sure what page? (PM if you like)   ;)

The road rule is terrible. There have been many suggestions in the distant past to make them better, really not sure why none were implemented by now. When I deeded Port Onody, there was nothing player made around. It was complete wilderness, no roads, no paved tiles, just trees and bushes. Now that I've built my deeds with two lane roads here and there, it's considered highway, highway that as far as I know I cannot remove to disconnect my deeds from this highway act rule without getting GM permission. Add in that now if I want to KoS, I have to also put a wall around my deed (one tile in) and be sure there is a bi-pass road around it/them. All because I connected my deeds with a two lane road to a main highway that is 50+ tiles away.  This is what is wrong with the highway rule.

If you actually deeded a part of a highway I can understand not being able to KoS. But if you're the one who connected your deed to a highway, you should also be able to remove that road (or make it one tile wide) to disconnect yourself from the highway (so you can KoS at will).

• Like 1

I too think you should be able to KOS on a highway.

With the addition of the warning system, as long as the highway is not blocked the KOS need not be lethal as those with horses can outrun a templar as can an unburdened character.  The KOS functioning to ensure they do not stick around and cause mischief.

(unless they are 70FS then they will just kill the templar )

• Like 1

Yup, add in that if you DON'T have a templar, KoS'n someone is a good 'Warning System".  Tells you when the culprit is around and no harm done to them cuz no templar. Why that is against the rules is beyond me, even if you are on a highway. The exception being Towers that are used in lieu of hiring a templar.

• Like 1

The road rule is terrible. There have been many suggestions in the distant past to make them better, really not sure why none were implemented by now. When I deeded Port Onody, there was nothing player made around. It was complete wilderness, no roads, no paved tiles, just trees and bushes. Now that I've built my deeds with two lane roads here and there, it's considered highway, highway that as far as I know I cannot remove to disconnect my deeds from this highway act rule without getting GM permission. Add in that now if I want to KoS, I have to also put a wall around my deed (one tile in) and be sure there is a bi-pass road around it/them. All because I connected my deeds with a two lane road to a main highway that is 50+ tiles away.  This is what is wrong with the highway rule.

if this something a gm told you or just some ###### you are assuming to be true?,because it sounds a lot like the second one.

and if it was a gm ask for a second opinion because stil sounds like ######.

Edited by Brynden

if this something a gm told you or just some ###### you are assuming to be true?,because it sounds a lot like the second one.

and if it was a gm ask for a second opinion because stil sounds like ######.

Highways

Highway is defined as a paved road connecting two or more deeds with a format of either a single tile road with sand borders on each side -or- 2 or more tiles wide.

Highway Rules:

A ) You may not block, modify, or remove a highway. All modifications must be submitted and approved by a GM through the /support system before work begins.

1> Deeds retain the right to modify pavement type or format on their deed tiles to suit the design of the deed as long as a clear flow of traffic is maintained.

B ) Deeds with a highway on deed property forfeit the right to manually use the deed reputation system to KoS as the highway is considered public.

1> If a deed is the terminus of a highway it may place locked gates across the highway and use KoS as long as the gates follow the KoS rules regarding griefing.

2> A deed with a highway in its perimeter does not forfeit the right to use KoS even if the highway is on the first tile outside of the deed where guards will attack.

3> Low reputations generated by game mechanics due to acting against deed settings are not in violation of the no KoS on highway rules

C ) Bridges that act as part of a valid highway will be considered part of the highway and fall under rule A.

1> Bridge decay maintenance is the responsibility of the players.

Punishment: You may be given a directive, warned, or even banned based on the situation.

Due to instances of players becoming injured, trapped, killed, or losing horses when traveling through buildings while embarked; Buildings may not be constructed on a highway at this time. Existing structures will remain so please be aware of these potential issues if you encounter any of them.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123123-wurm-rules/

Edited by Audrel

Highways

Highway is defined as a paved road connecting two or more deeds with a format of either a single tile road with sand borders on each side -or- 2 or more tiles wide.

Highway Rules:

A ) You may not block, modify, or remove a highway. All modifications must be submitted and approved by a GM through the /support system before work begins.

1> Deeds retain the right to modify pavement type or format on their deed tiles to suit the design of the deed as long as a clear flow of traffic is maintained.

B ) Deeds with a highway on deed property forfeit the right to manually use the deed reputation system to KoS as the highway is considered public.

1> If a deed is the terminus of a highway it may place locked gates across the highway and use KoS as long as the gates follow the KoS rules regarding griefing.

2> A deed with a highway in its perimeter does not forfeit the right to use KoS even if the highway is on the first tile outside of the deed where guards will attack.

3> Low reputations generated by game mechanics due to acting against deed settings are not in violation of the no KoS on highway rules

C ) Bridges that act as part of a valid highway will be considered part of the highway and fall under rule A.

1> Bridge decay maintenance is the responsibility of the players.

Punishment: You may be given a directive, warned, or even banned based on the situation.

Due to instances of players becoming injured, trapped, killed, or losing horses when traveling through buildings while embarked; Buildings may not be constructed on a highway at this time. Existing structures will remain so please be aware of these potential issues if you encounter any of them.

you should read that instead of just using copy and paste.

you should read that instead of just using copy and paste.

Yeah, I guess the all modifications part might be confusing or maybe the part where you can only change the course or pavement type but must retain traffic flow. I guess the part where he can put a gate on his end where it terminates might be confusing but I guess I might have missed where it says he can take it back out without approval. I guess I misread the part about KoS forfeiture also.

Want to enlighten me there?

Also, may I draw your attention to where a highway is considered public. This is really confusing because I thought all public land, not deeded land that is, is fair game.

Edited by Audrel