Sign in to follow this  
hoof2000

All I hear is Challenge.....

with such a small playerbase you would think the company would listen.

[07:19:43] 2 other players are online. You are on Affliction (413 totally in Wurm).

Thank You ! --- not

The real news:

Total players 315/10900 with "Epic, Take 2"

Another server is just what we needed.

Cause you know that magically advertises Wurm to new people.

• Like 1

It bothered me how much more well-made the Challenge map is compared to the Independence map, until I realized how it was made.

Independence was a huge disappointment when Rolf closed down JKH "because PvP" and we were forced onto new, mountainous, lands. Then he launched Deliverance which is exactly the same as Independence, only with lower elevation (don't believe me? hold the two maps next to each other and look for lakes and elevation points, they're in the exact same place on both maps). Then I looked at the coastline of Challenge and it struck me how the map must've been created:

nKVhzos.gif

He just sunk JKH again.

• Like 2

Huntar and Alyeska: frikken hilarious!!! Hahahahahahaa

:D

Edit: so DAMN Funny!!!!!!!

Edited by Atlas

It bothered me how much more well-made the Challenge map is compared to the Independence map, until I realized how it was made.

Independence was a huge disappointment when Rolf closed down JKH "because PvP" and we were forced onto new, mountainous, lands. Then he launched Deliverance which is exactly the same as Independence, only with lower elevation (don't believe me? hold the two maps next to each other and look for lakes and elevation points, they're in the exact same place on both maps). Then I looked at the coastline of Challenge and it struck me how the map must've been created:

nKVhzos.gif

He just sunk JKH again.

While there are some similarities like Donners Pass mountain being in almost the same exact location, if it were actually a flooded JKh map, we'd be seeing the caps of Mt. Relentless and Bearback mtn.  :P 

I guess, for a PVP server, Challenges current map is okay. I wouldn't want that crap for PVE, though. Horrible map for more than 100 players.

They should just do "Toll bridges" then they get income and we get bridges! :P

• Like 1

guess what server came back first, before anyone else, after this maintenance restart??

Yup, you got it!!!

While there are some similarities like Donners Pass mountain being in almost the same exact location, if it were actually a flooded JKh map, we'd be seeing the caps of Mt. Relentless and Bearback mtn.  :P 

I guess, for a PVP server, Challenges current map is okay. I wouldn't want that crap for PVE, though. Horrible map for more than 100 players.

guess what server came back first, before anyone else, after this maintenance restart??

Yup, you got it!!!

From what I observed new servers always get up faster than the others :P

Probably because they have X times less items and constructions on them, no need for the conspiracy theories.

What is this I see?

I smell a conspiracy against me!

Huntar, I got my eyes on you.

zSBQkrt.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Weekly news, fresh from the press and delivered straight to you all wherever it might find you.
How about it, you ready for some more info on our current hot topics?
Maybe even another rehashed post about bridges?
I hope so because it is time to

Share some News!

More rehashed things about bridges!
RopeBridgeS.jpg
Click image for a Larger Version

Yes it's 2017 and we're still working on bridges! But don't you worry, we've almost finished working out what we think may be the last of the collision bugs!
But it's okay, because we've something special planned out for the lot of you Wurmians! Introducing...

Another PvP Server!
svoY4Az.jpg

We're hard at work putting together the finishing touches on our new PvP server, Another PvP Server! We admit, Epic and Challenge were failed experiments but there's no need to worry, we think we've pieced together the perfect formula for a well-balanced and fun PvP server with many new additions and features, stay tuned!

Alright Wurmians that is all for this week.

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 2

Who cares about Challenge server when there will be bridges?

About 6 people. Challenge is not wurm...

Dont need challenge, maybe some of the 999 bugs less - ok ;)

+1

Challenge is such a waste. You see, "do over" and "try again" style gaming is not for Wurm. Eh, whatever, I guess.

With you there. Worst idea ever, just detracts from Wurm as it stands, and destroys my confidence in the integrity of the development model they have.