Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Xanadu Map

Hey Grt job with the map, could you please add Iron Cove to the Co-ord N11 (in the Cove there)

Many thxs.

Khaldrogo

Governor of New England and New England's Sky Reach (Celebration)

Governor of Iron Cove (Xanadu)

Finally deeded, thx for updates

Name: Norika

Xan1.jpg

Does anyone else think this map is unintuitive and kinda...sloppy? Granted, I know Mama is doing a service by doing the work, but all the other Freedom Isles have much more readable, zoomable, and otherwise quality maps. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lpoy9o580u3hfgf/deliverance%20map.png - for example.

You shouldn't have to zoom in, click and slide the bar on the bottom, zoom in, click, zoom in, click, ad nauseam just to read a few deeds names. Not trying to be a , I just think it can be done better...and not in pdf format.

Please add mailbox to Kalambaka at S15 - thanks!

Does anyone else think this map is unintuitive and kinda...sloppy? Granted, I know Mama is doing a service by doing the work, but all the other Freedom Isles have much more readable, zoomable, and otherwise quality maps. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lpoy9o580u3hfgf/deliverance%20map.png - for example.

You shouldn't have to zoom in, click and slide the bar on the bottom, zoom in, click, zoom in, click, ad nauseam just to read a few deeds names. Not trying to be a ######, I just think it can be done better...and not in pdf format.

You have to remember, deli is 1/8th? the size for one and we don't have a proper map dump yet either. I have no complaints with this map, but you know everyone's a critic :)

Edited by Milosanx

yes, i have not made updates.  the other version is done but some comms issues this week prevented it going up.  I just spoke to the person though and it will be going out real soon so I can add the editors on it etc.  I also snagged a better map to use as the base layer.

http://xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com

Beta version.

Features:

-Multiple viewers, Multiple editors with rights.

-Predefined shapes and free shape creation.

-Multicolor

-Friendly location urls ( click on the map copy paste url ).

-Multiple zoom levels

-Mobile friendly

-Lables on click

-Search and Geo Search

TODO:

-Replace maptiler.com watermark by using the non-trial version ( mamadarkness has that ).

-Add default visible labels

-Add Layer filtering

-Anything new people can suggest.

Sorry for the delay, we Black Legion were in big presure those weeks from enemies attacking our lands.

Instructions and editor rights will be given after I contact mamadarkness to give him owner rights.

• Like 1

It looks like a nice map. My only concern is only half of the map loads for me. Will this be accessible to users with computers not as fast as mine?

Hmm try reloading. All tiles load for me. Could you send a picture of how it looks ?

Updated deeds

Location S10/11 (island splits the zones)

The eventuality currently marked by the yellow square, moved token to correct location though deed covers east 1/2 of the island the entire length.

Two family held deeds on the west marked in blue and purple.

Thank you for your efforts and look forward to being able to claim these entities via your new interface and edit descriptions, add photos etc

14684442714_2c65ec4cc8.jpg

It loaded now finally, but it took a couple of minutes. The yellow dots load immediately but the map itself shows as being white for a good long while if I'm zoomed in a bit and dragging to other sections of the map.

Also, the coordinates are half missing.

i find the click on deed markers to see the name a little silly, whilst I know theres times when you go looking for people that have given you a grid bearing if your lost it's going to make it a lot harder to locate yourself

• Like 1

Well you can search by deed name, or use the helper urls like the one I posted before. I can put default labels though. I'll have to do it tomorrow though cause I'm about to fall asleep. Will probably use zoomable text aswell.

Updated. Gonna do some deed updates myself to see how it feels first hand till mamadarkness takes control of it and assigns editors.  ;)

Edited by Issle

I like it. Mobile friendly. That's probably biggest thing for me since I travel using my phone or tablet. The dots are great but as I've said on calypsi thread and others as well clicking around for deed names is super annoying. As I was scrolling around I saw some icons with yellow trim but solid blue/red/green. What are those?

Search function worked really nice to. It zoomed to that deed and brought up its marker nicely.

Scales great. Can defiantly tell a good quality map was produced for this and not a screen shot of the in game map which is a big plus.

Edit: the reason why I do not like clicking for a deed is if I'm sailing to say VoTD if i had never been before of course. I can open my map, zoom to that bay and I have all the deed names there so I can easily identify what I'm sailing past or to in comparison to the map. That's why it's important to me.

Edited by Ruger

I guess my only request with this would be if we could also have a regular map on the side without all the bells and whistles, like what we currently have?

Ewww IMO...I just can't do it. I think more and more than having 2 maps is a good Idea, and with the features I have on mine keep it as more of a detail/image gallery type of system, and Issle's be more for quick glance navigation.

On a further note, if you did those labels in red it would look like some of my old English homework.

Edited by Calypsoi