Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 46

deleting most of the negative posts huh. Figures

What I can see,  only one post has been deleted in this thread and that's one by Bluedragon and its deleted by his request.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Does this mean the HOTA medallions will be visible on the player's model?

Edited by Huntar

This is going to be bad for two reasons:

1. The devs have absolutely no idea whatsoever how PvP works. You can change code, change numbers, but you don't know how it will affect anything until you have actually been in PvP. Spells are still broken, meditation is still broken, priests are broken, priest vs. non-priest is unbalanced, gear replacement still sucks (horseshoes/arrows especially), raiding is terrible, no one goes to HotA except the winning kingdom, influence is useless, battlecamps are useless,  there is absolutely no reason to use certain gear (all shields are pretty much the same, small weapons in general except smauls on Chaos, anything less than plate/drake/scale, medium bows, large mauls in combat, etc.), hell horses vs. regular, karma abilities are broken and exploitable, deeds can be exploited for influence... This is just what I can list off the top of my head. No offense to the devs, but like I said, you can't understand the impact that these have until you have been there. Your new server is NOT going to fix any of these issues, with the possible exception of gear replacement.

2. This will split the community. Freedom has Chaos and seven PvE servers. Epic has four servers (it's debatable which ones are PvE and which are PvP based on player attitude). Golden Valley is kept going for nostalgia and the tutorial, while this new server is going to be PvP enabled and separate. That's effectively FOUR different clusters, three if you leave out GV because there are sometimes 0 people online. Either way, fix what we have. It's pretty sad to see the individual and total server pops when this is supposed to be an MMO.

• Like 4

Wooooo, bridges!

... Wurm already has a very small, spread-out playerbase, though. Making -another- server? Tch. Make cookies for the ones you already have, stop spreading the resources so thinly. There's only so much bread that can be buttered with one pat :P

• Like 2

Wow. Challenge server :)

Looks like I'll be playing Wurm again soon.

Interesting because this announcement made me laugh and think "God I'm glad I stopped playing, another idea that adds more servers instead of listening to players suggestions"

• Like 10

look at how much money rolf makes from epic and you might reconsider your opinions about it being a failure

I think it is a great idea it will not stop the ongoing antics of the long term pvp players and even less of an effect on the pve crowd but bring a lot more players.

I can see the pvp players calling the sky is falling but i think this is great and a lot of players had the same reaction when the crafting window first made its way into the forums but now it is the greatest thing since peanut butter and everyone loves it. 

I was actively playing when the crafting window came out, and none of the pvp players were crying about it. Infact, everyone over on desertion anyhow, seemed VERY happy about it. 

As for THIS change? It is just going to suck even more (potential) players out of the already tiny Epic cluster population. I doubt I'm the only one over here who came to epic specifically because of the increased rate of skillgain, but stayed because it is fun. Well, now people will go to the challenge server who want something faster than freedom, not build any roots in the game, and leave after the server resets once or twice. It's a terrible idea, because any new player that comes and does the challenge server, isn't going to develop a reason to stay in the game when their interest wanes. Obviously not all who would come to Epic will go there instead, but some will, and really, any piece of the already small pie hurts...

Edit: I think the new jewelry looks great, and definitely stoked to hear about bridges finally making it soon. Be very interesting to see some of the shenanigans people get up to with them. I have some ideas that I'd like to look into, about pathing up a mountain with them, but has to wait!

look at how much money rolf makes from epic and you might reconsider your opinions about it being a failure

Not enough apparently, if the plan is to add a new server where you'll lose your deeds every month, and cant make use of traders.

Edited by Arronicus

This is my unofficial entry to the Wurm Tapestry event. Epic players know exactly what this means.

T2UlLRF.png

• Like 6

I haven't checked the rest of the thread, but for the battlefield server...

Make sure to accelerate tree growth, too.  Otherwise it'll be hard to get all your lumber needs since getting very old trees takes a month by itself.

I haven't checked the rest of the thread, but for the battlefield server...

Make sure to accelerate tree growth, too.  Otherwise it'll be hard to get all your lumber needs since getting very old trees takes a month by itself.

Not if Fo priests still have growth, provided that there are Fo priests, and they have accelerated skillgain too.

Interesting because this announcement made me laugh and think "God I'm glad I stopped playing, another idea that adds more servers instead of listening to players suggestions"

And yet, unless I am mistaken, every time Rolf adds more servers, the total player count goes up, no?

Meant to say thanks earlier for the bling (rings & necklaces) showing.

Thanks!

And yet, unless I am mistaken, every time Rolf adds more servers, the total player count goes up, no?

Temporarily yes, let's take xanadu as an example... at its height we had around 1500 players online, however now we're down to barely 900 players on at peak times. You can attract as many people as you like to a game but if the core problems still exist and never get fixed the new players will simply leave again.

• Like 2