Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Wurm Online Snippets Glancing Attacks on Plate

I thought it was a good idea to get up close and personal on the combat window, as it wasn't easy track in the last video and show people the amount of glancing attacks that actually occur on plate armor.

Remember I do use a Large Maul and I am in Aggressive stance.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SLQDYkHYlM

Music Written By Milo Taylor and Pete Condello. Produced by BrickhouseProductions

Wurm Online Video Playlist

Edited by Milosanx

Annoying though when you get glances on things like bears/spiders with good weapons/strength/etc, and it doesn't seem to be based on weapon type vs armour type like it was pre-ff. The old system is still better in that regard imo. ;)

• Like 1

weapon type vs armor type still exist... 

You'll understand if the people that play on PvP servers don't take your word for it, right?

• Like 1

You'll understand if the people that play on PvP servers don't take your word for it, right?

I play on both pve and pvp. I don't play on old time but my statement comes from what pvpers around me taught me.

There are differences in how well armor defends against different types of damage, crush or slash damage for instance. 
It might not be very noticeable as it is right now on the live servers, we updated the test servers with a tweaked version that we hope you will test over the weekend and leave feedback.

Johan is currently writing a post with more information with what have been changed that needs some testing/feedback.

• Like 1

No that would make the differences even less noticeable.

One thing I have noticed within your videos concerning fighting while riding a horse is that you make no mention that the horse can be attacked and killed in short order. I am a bit puzzled as to how you can boldly approach animals (and even several at a time) and not have your horse attacked. Just a few days ago while clearing out an infested area in my deed perimeter on Deliverance my horse was targeted twice by different aggros with the result that I had to ride quickly away as possible with my wounded horse to save his life. Thereafter I had to dismount and kill the pest croc since it would continue to target it if approached again even after dismount and remount.

And another comment is that last I heard there was a fighting penalty for doing so while riding a large cart, which is why I dismount them before fighting anything that does not die in a hit or two. Also, spiders and scorpions were known to do a lot of damage to large carts if used to fight upon and I have not heard that this was changed. Some things to consider and make mention of in your vids perhaps.

=Ayes=

I fight from a cart to prevent horse being attacked. Scorps do not damage them, neither do spiders. trolls do but that was reduced to do less damage. I do not trust fighting trolls on cart, its wurm after all.... so I still dismount to fight them on foot. 

One thing I have noticed within your videos concerning fighting while riding a horse is that you make no mention that the horse can be attacked and killed in short order. I am a bit puzzled as to how you can boldly approach animals (and even several at a time) and not have your horse attacked. Just a few days ago while clearing out an infested area in my deed perimeter on Deliverance my horse was targeted twice by different aggros with the result that I had to ride quickly away as possible with my wounded horse to save his life. Thereafter I had to dismount and kill the pest croc since it would continue to target it if approached again even after dismount and remount.

And another comment is that last I heard there was a fighting penalty for doing so while riding a large cart, which is why I dismount them before fighting anything that does not die in a hit or two. Also, spiders and scorpions were known to do a lot of damage to large carts if used to fight upon and I have not heard that this was changed. Some things to consider and make mention of in your vids perhaps.

=Ayes=

If you target the animal before the animal target you, there is less chance that it will target your horse

Damage to carts done by Trolls and if I am not wrong.. lava fiends too. The damages used to be high, something like 10-20 damage to 10ql cart.. now it is 0.something so no need to be afraid.

Something that worry me is one of my villager witnessed horses that hitched to cart eaten by a hungry spider... Blahsonson also happens to have heard a similar anomaly and that it is something that was implemented to the game. :S

Edited by rosedragon

There are differences in how well armor defends against different types of damage, crush or slash damage for instance. 

It might not be very noticeable as it is right now on the live servers, we updated the test servers with a tweaked version that we hope you will test over the weekend and leave feedback.

Johan is currently writing a post with more information with what have been changed that needs some testing/feedback.

This sounds like a great start. Is it possible to get some feedback from you as well on how well some people might perform in fighting situations when wearing different types of armor. In other words, do you evade better when wearing leather vs. chain? Or do your chances to land a hit, be it a good strike or a glancing blow, increase when wearing less restrictive types of armor?

EDIT: Just checked out the new posting in the test boards. Awesome!

Edited by JackBurton

I don't claim to know everything and this is why I ask that people comment on the video and here to spread more of the knowledge, which as seen here this is what is happening =D

As for fighting on Carts, I don't really do it often, but if there is a fighting penalty, it wouldn't bother me these days while here on PVE and apart from a champion Troll. Also, If My horse does get attacked i just ride away and come back. I'm not going to dismount and make myself stranded, perhaps having no Stamina left.

Also, tend to try and turn my horse around so its head is not facing the target, I have had times when somehow I target my horse while trying to click(perhaps a double click?) on the target and start bashing with my large maul....doesn't end well :(

I think It was Rose that told me starving animals are more likely to attack horses as well and by all mean don't have you mount tamed while hunting.

Anyway, Keep the comments coming!