The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Castle Autumn - Join in on the Wurm Adventure of a Lifetime!

Hi Everyone!

I would like to announce the official opening of Castle Autumn! Do you have what it takes to solve the Castle? If you chose to accept this adventure, you are hereby summoned to Autumn Twilight, located at 37x 38y on Deliverance. It is a 5 minute boat/cart ride north of the Impalong. The castle doors will open on Sunday December 22 (today) at 12pm (noon) in the Eastern Standard Timezone (-5h GMT).

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8x_HXfPjs

The way this works:

1. This is not a competition amongst yourselves, but rather an adventure that you, as a community, must work together to finish. You will need to work together in order to complete this adventure. Use this forum to collaborate and share information that you discover on your journey.
  2. If you join in on the adventure, please let Faeran or Griphyth that you are joining in. All participants will get their very own statue in the castle to commemorate the event.
  3. Do not enter the castle without cotton/healing covers. If you do not have any, there will be some provided, just ask in local.
  4. Read all the signs that you see...they are important.
  5. When you find what the king seeks and have completed the adventure, send a pm to Faeran or Griphyth.
  6. Have fun!
Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 8

Hi neighbours,

what a great idea! I'll be there!

See you in 2 hours.

There may be some delay in the opening of the castle... I have just been informed that Faeran is without power due to a severe ice storm in the area. They are being told that the power outage may last up to 3 days...

There is a possibility of coming over to my place...but the roads seem terrible too...

I will keep you updated on the situation.

Well, i couldn't finish that parcour when the castle was still under construction, so any delay means should i decide to try the full version now i have more time to mentally prepare for the frustration. So all good hehe. :P

Update: We will be delayed but not for that long. Faeran is on his way here and we will begin shortly after.

As for your frustration VentureCo...this is why the castle will be a community effort. We do not expect that any one person could finish the full adventure alone. We encourage you to share everything you learn as you go along and help each other out. If you have solved one of the buildings before, we ask that you please refrain from giving anything away to those who are enjoying the castle for the first time.

Also, if you were here during the construction, you will hopefully be pleasantly surprised at how much has changed, especially the decoration.

See you soon! :)

Update:

Faeran is logging in as I type!! The event will begin in a matter of minutes!

"in my Castle are you! Help the King can you too. The Evil Blynx stole the Royal Fork while i rest but the nice fairy Wynx left clues inside of chests. Hidden in the castle, scary the thought. But these chests share their likeness, so impossible it naught. At the beginning it lay, for the clues shall help you cope Help me Noble Adventurer, you're my only hope - signed king Griphyth"

Ok smart people lets think this one out

Light Purple (6) - crown chakra
Dark purple (5) - Brow Chakra
Blue chest (4) - Throat Chakra
Green chest (3) - Heart Chakra
Gold Chest (2) - Solar Piexus Chakra
red chest (1) - Root Chakra

Sign in throne room that reads "may not be exact likeness"

Edited by Cormis

chest found:
1. Smithing Wing (red) - root Chakra - E 21

2. Workers's Wing (Gold) - Solar Plexus Chakra - N23

3. Storage Wing (green) - Heart Chakra - W39

4. Servants Quarters (Blue) - Throat Chakra - S 34

5. carriage wing (Dark Purple) - Brow Chakra - w45,s50

6. Guest wing (light purple) - Crown Chakra - E12, N25

Edited by Cormis

So, it seems what we have now is: E21 N49 W5 - E21 N23 W39 S34 W45 S50 E12 N25

Thank you, Griphyth and Faeran, for a gorgeous adventure. This really was fun!

Good job preparing all that - must have been a lot of work. You're the best, guys!  :)

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

You are welcome :) and thanks to all who participated.

Your prizes will be mailed out to you as they get complete. I will send you a pm before sending it ...since if i send it through the mail and then you go home to another server, you will not receive it in the mail. Alternatively you can send me a pm if you are planning on crossing servers

• Like 1

Thanks as well!

A really great time. Nothing like being lost in a massive castle with a bunch of strangers that are quickly becoming friends and cooperating to solve a mystery. Up there with some of the best adventures!

Thanks for preparing all this. And to all thsoe who missed it, next time, do yourself a favour and attend the next event at this deed. These events are not as easy as you may think, but they are great fun :)

I'll spread the story of the great Castle Autumn to all on Celebration. Cheers!

• Like 2

This will definitely be a lasting memory when I look back at the adventures I've had on Wurm Online. Thanks for creating memories for me that no other game has been able to do yet! It's these player held events that really make this game so special. Thanks again so much Faeran and Griphyth, you all are amazing! :D

• Like 2

I missed the event but went along on a tour later with some friends. I have to say: Go see this! The amount of work that went into it is astounding, yes, but what really got me was the creativity and imagination that went into it.

It reminded me of those games that provide you with an environment, and you go through solving puzzles which slowly reveal a story (point and click adventure games like Myst, and a slew of horror games). If you take your time and enjoy the atmosphere it's very creepy and cool, and there are many everyday Wurm items you will never look at the same way again.

Simply amazing.

• Like 3

i love it too i went and the only thing that i was totally sad about was i wanted some of that blessed gliph water hahahaha :D just as a souvenir :( i seen some in the main hall and some in one of the other wings but cant pick it up lol. but it was really really a huge castle and I loved the little bly in the window that says "I'm Watching You" I jsut couldn't stop laughing :D Great job on that castle there is just too many things to discribe in there :D

Amazing job on Castle Autumn guys B) Love all the added details you used (will steal some of your ideas for mine)

Awesome quest guys ....my friends and I had an Epic blast  :wub:

You two Rock !

You can barely make out the signature of its maker, 'Griphyth'.

Wind of ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [73]

Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [29]

Loving my hammer as well.

Remember Purple is my colour of choice ;)

Looking forward to visiting again and checking out the statue room.

This is a must see / do all B)

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1