Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Epic Spawn Pve Server On Freedom Cluster

Since all the good stuff spawns on Epic, and the masses of freedom would hate if such things started spawning on the servers already existing. So why not when Rolf and crew decide to open a new server(And everyone knows there will be more) that it has the epic spawn on it :)

BUT!!  Give the server 2-3 months before enabling them to spawn so that way players have time to setup and get things ready. This way those that want the critters without the PvP and skill boost can go and have at them.

Freedom server non pvp, and NEW land mass.

Yes I know,  theres to many servers as is, and I think land masses should be merged onto one server. Since Deli/Exo/Cele are 1/4th the size on indy. And yes it'd do able, might have to close the servers down for a day or two but its do able.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2

If you want Epic creatures, play on Epic.  Simple.

-1, sorry.  

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, July 16, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, July 16, 2013 - trolling

We would like Epic creatures, without the snooty brats that come with the epic cluster, Postes. :)

That and the drama of any PvP server is rather distasteful. I really like this idea.

Make it a harsh land, though. True PVE... not this PvE(conomics.)

• Like 1

If you want Epic creatures, play on Epic.  Simple.

-1, sorry.  

Exactly

Play on Epic if you want the creatures

Theres only a few unique features about Epic, why the hell should you guys get one of ours?

Exactly

Theres only a few unique features about Epic, why the hell should you guys get one of ours?

Because it's not a game of "my server is better than yours" - it's about keeping players happy. It's a terrible attitude to think only your server is entitled to certain things that other players might enjoy, too.

A full hunting server would be real nice, epic creatures included for that extra fight :)

• Like 2

Exactly

Because the 2x skill gain is the lamest feature over there. Already been to epic, was bored after 12days of having so many 80+ skills. Epic should be renamed to Noob ville

• Like 1

I'm sure you had a ton of 80 skills only after 12 days, totally believable.

Reading posts like that, and then seeing another Freedomer post, "snooty brats that come with the epic cluster"  is only ironic and laughable.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

Because it's not a game of "my server is better than yours" - it's about keeping players happy. It's a terrible attitude to think only your server is entitled to certain things that other players might enjoy, too.

A full hunting server would be real nice, epic creatures included for that extra fight :)

I'm not saying Epic is better then Freedom, quite the contrary, sometimes Im sick of the server I'm active on.

We're entitled to the creatures that our missions spawn, they effect our map, our playstyle, and our PvP... Why should you guys get the unique features of Epic just because you want a server for hunting?  If you want to enjoy what Epic has to offer, jump in a portal for an hour and go kill some Nogumps that get dumped on our heads.

Because the 2x skill gain is the lamest feature over there. Already been to epic, was bored after 12days of having so many 80+ skills. Epic should be renamed to Noob ville

This post.... just makes me laugh.... lol

I'm happy you're not on our server, we got enough people with bad attitudes, thanks.

I guess our Noob ville will have Valrei spawns, and your Elite servers won't eh?

Epic features should be kept to epic.

Really, missions should have never been put in the freedom cluster.

Same goes for the sorcerer abilities, no clue why freedom needs the ability to shoot a fireball at a troll.

-1, and no argument needed after ur 2nd post, that what was full of nonsense.

Here we go:

New creatures, specific to the Freedom cluster. Think big, Polar Bears, Mammoths, Sabre Tooth Tigers.

######'s real, yo. Anyways, a second suggestion: Forget about Epic entirely in this discussion.

If we really want to keep features specific to the cluster they originate on, Epic would be missing many, many things (can you say, digging? mining?) Let's just make Epic the theme park, and Freedom the sandbox in that case. (Java WoW! giggity)

You Epic players are a bitter lot. (not saying Freedomers aren't.) I'd rather you didn't comment on this thread at all, because only negativity follows in your wake.

Since complaining Freedomites got the Valrei spawn removed from Freedom, then the following nerfs to taming, riding, etc (mostly though complaining Epicidians... Freedom lacks any real incentive to play, for anyone who doesn't like grind whoring skills for the sake of grind whoring skills. This suggestion provides a greater outlet for the skills gained and items made during the grindfest that is Wurm online.

• Like 4

Epic features should be kept to epic.

Really, missions should have never been put in the freedom cluster.

Same goes for the sorcerer abilities, no clue why freedom needs the ability to shoot a fireball at a troll.

Why not? If someone wants to shoot a fireball to a troll on freedom, how does that negatively affect gameplay on epic?

• Like 1

You Epic players are a bitter lot.

because only negativity follows in your wake.

..Uhh.. From the start all you've said is anti-Epic stuff.  

Here we go:

New creatures, specific to the Freedom cluster. Think big, Polar Bears, Mammoths, Sabre Tooth Tigers.

######'s real, yo. Anyways, a second suggestion: Forget about Epic entirely in this discussion.

If we really want to keep features specific to the cluster they originate on, Epic would be missing many, many things (can you say, digging? mining?) Let's just make Epic the theme park, and Freedom the sandbox in that case. (Java WoW! giggity)

You Epic players are a bitter lot. (not saying Freedomers aren't.) I'd rather you didn't comment on this thread at all, because only negativity follows in your wake.

Since complaining Freedomites got the Valrei spawn removed from Freedom, then the following nerfs to taming, riding, etc (mostly though complaining Epicidians... Freedom lacks any real incentive to play, for anyone who doesn't like grind whoring skills for the sake of grind whoring skills. This suggestion provides a greater outlet for the skills gained and items made during the grindfest that is Wurm online.

Like, this post made absolutely no sense, I'm not being negative but why should you guys get something that we have to work for?

Missions on Epic - when completed - spawn creatures across the servers. When the scenario ends and a certain god wins, there are terraforming events/ a slight chance a god controls the spawn of said creatures.

I'll comment on any thread that tries to take away what I find unique and fun about the servers I'm active on, sorry for not being on Freedom.   Are you seriously saying with a straight face to get rid of terraforming on the Epic cluster? You just sound foolish, thats a staple in the game, unlike creatures that spawn from missions that don't even have anything to do with you.

If you want to enjoy what Epic has to offer, jump in a portal for an hour and go kill some Nogumps that get dumped on our heads.

Epics great draw is that it is a PvP server with a specific skillgain curve. Not everyone wants to be involved into a PvP scene, just to enjoy more PvE content.

Epics great draw is that it is a PvP server with a specific skillgain curve. Not everyone wants to be involved into a PvP scene, just to enjoy more PvE content.

The abilities gained from doing missions are meant to be used in PvP, against your enemy god's followers... I don't get why every Freedom person thinks they're entitled to the unique stuff on Epic..

Whats the point of Epic then? Carbon copy of Wild with faster skillgain? Thats just redundant and stupid.

We would like Epic creatures, without the snooty brats that come with the epic cluster, Postes. :)

That and the drama of any PvP server is rather distasteful. I really like this idea.

Make it a harsh land, though. True PVE... not this PvE(conomics.)

Can harsh land be Dragonfang, surrounded by water with sharks, bearsharks with lasers for eyes?

• Like 1

The abilities gained from doing missions are meant to be used in PvP, against your enemy god's followers... I don't get why every Freedom person thinks they're entitled to the unique stuff on Epic..

Whats the point of Epic then? Carbon copy of Wild with faster skillgain? Thats just redundant and stupid.

I have bad news for you, if you think that epic is not already a copy of wild with faster skillgain. It is - Wild has missions, valrei creatures, Hota, PvP and PMKs... Only difference is that Epic has kingdom-based home servers. That is not to make Epic look bad, but there is no really very unique content other than the skill stuff. The thing is, Epic is PvP. Freedom is PvE. Fighting creatures is not exclusively PvP content, so I don't see why that should be exclusive to PvP servers - PvE servers don't have exclusive content that is unavailable to the PvP servers either.

Whoever wants to enjoy something should be allowed to enjoy it in their own PvE or PvP gameplay.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

I have bad news for you, if you think that epic is not already a copy of wild with faster skillgain. It is - Wild has missions, valrei creatures, Hota, PvP and PMKs... Only difference is that Epic has kingdom-based home servers. That is not to make Epic look bad, but there is no really very unique content other than the skill stuff. The thing is, Epic is PvP. Freedom is PvE. Fighting creatures is not exclusively PvP content, so I don't see why that should be exclusive to PvP servers - PvE servers don't have exclusive content that is unavailable to the PvP servers either.

Whoever wants to enjoy something should be allowed to enjoy it in their own PvE or PvP gameplay.

You can do missions and have creatures on Chaos, but they don't do anything but provide a free twig/summon corpse, which is stupid and should be removed to be honest.  HoTA should be on any PvP server, but truthfully Chaos isn't even a true PvP server anymore, its the same it was back when the kingdoms were on it but thats a whole different topic.

They aren't fighting creatures, they're Valrei creatures, that are spawned from missions from the Gods, that the Epic players complete. It isn't like they just magically spawn with the animal count.

I have the feeling that some freedumbers are jealous here -.-

Not as many are as jealous as you might think, a ton came over when Epic released, might check the original numbers and decide why they aren't as high as they were, perhaps its the player base of fine gentlemen such as yourself, not all of them left the game entirely. 

• Like 1

I was going to play on Epic, but all the ###### i read on their skirmish thread and in their personal threads just left me with a distaste for the server. Their general attitude reminds me of one person's attitude on the Chaos server, so i dont think ill be able to handle the people on the server.

• Like 1

I for my part would be happy with an Affliction style server. Insane amount of creature spawning everywhere and that Mycelium stuff but without pvp on it. i don't need the epic monsters since they don't do more than any other monsters in wurm do, they just look different... okay they throw you around but... hey..

I was going to play on Epic, but all the ###### i read on their skirmish thread and in their personal threads just left me with a distaste for the server. Their general attitude reminds me of one person's attitude on the Chaos server, so i dont think ill be able to handle the people on the server.

The attitude is on every server, back in the day on Wild it was the same, if not worse...

Roll around in crap and you smell like crap...

Find the people who you respect and play with them

Thank you, the essense of a sandbox game, in words.