Sign in to follow this  
metis

A New Deity For Us Non Pvpers Please.(Or Remove Some Restrictions)

OK so after looking around a bit I understand that Priest are or were intended as PvPers, I can totally see that with a lot of the skills they have. So I am like cool I don't want to be a priest I just want to be a good old fashion farmer who gets thru life with his cows, horses, and crops. So I thought it would be fun to play a follower/believer to add some personality "connection" to help me become more attached to my character. Well I was all excited and searched on Freedom for a few days and finally found someone to convert me to Fo, I ran home after and found me some silver, made an altar, and even had a good neighbor "Bless" my new altar so I could pray and stuff to my new god..............

You can not pray because you do not have any deity..........

OMG!!! WT@?????

So after making an idol of my god and a bowl and bugging everyone on Freedom chat, I find out that even followers are restricted by what they can do and mining is a NO-NO for FO. I lost all my faith and religious skills are ZERO. Im told it will go back up over time and there are things I can do to get it back.

Really??????

Its not that I want to become a priest, I just wanted a simple POOR MAN's god who wanted a follower to worship him, I don't care about all the bells and whistles, that is why we have our (PvP?) Priest to cast there spells to give us mailboxes and help our crops or find us stone to make mines or etc.......(Why are they PVP's again???)

sorry started to rant....anyway I just want a god who doesn't say you can't do this or that, and wont care if I dig with a shovel or a spoon. I don't plan to become a priest or even a champion. I believe there are others who might want a god that is there for the average PVE player that wants a nice bonus to crafting or digging or hell even making wicker fences....but Wont say to you, that you can't breath or you will make me angry and you will become a heathen again.

Can we have a simple PVE God for us Non-PvPers to worship please. That wont stop us from trying to live our lives. If I can't dig,or chop wood, or farm, then what is the point of trying to make a settlement??? (I know each god has different restrictions...you Go look at them, tell me which one can I as a farmer/pioneer/survivalist or what ever you call me worship and not lose faith because I need to mine/fish/hunt/farm/dig/chop wood/ ....use All my skills to survive and thrive.

New God please, that is the feature I am requesting.

• Like 1

I don't care about all the bells and whistles, that is why we have our (PvP?) Priest to cast there spells to give us mailboxes and help our crops or find us stone to make mines or etc...

http://wurmpedia.com...ath_of_Insanity,http://wurmpedia.com...hp/Path_of_Love,http://wurmpedia.com...hp/Path_of_Hate,http://wurmpedia.com...p/Path_of_Power,

http://wurmpedia.com...th_of_Knowledge

um all of these seems to have a neat little skill to help with teleport or whatever but in the end its just another heal and or Damage skill gained by mastering...feels like its a PvP bonus set .....not what I said in my OP...Still asking for a NEW GOD PLEASE.

Edited by metis

sorry started to rant....anyway I just want a god who doesn't say you can't do this or that, and wont care if I dig with a shovel or a spoon. I don't plan to become a priest or even a champion. I believe there are others who might want a god that is there for the average PVE player that wants a nice bonus to crafting or digging or hell even making wicker fences....but Wont say to you, that you can't breath or you will make me angry and you will become a heathen again.

Then don't go priest. You can be a follower and you wont have any restrictions, at all. You gain some tiny bonusses as follower, such as a small bonus to healing for fo, or the rite of srping for vynora every now and then. Seriously, I don't see the problem, and that is coming from someone who plays a main priest on a pve server, the restrictions don't bother me in the slightest.

• Like 1

Vynora isn't really that limiting as a follower, plus the little bit of skillgain you get from having higher faith isn't too bad. It's not hard to toggle off faithful if you want to destroy some pavement or a wall and the penalties to alignment aren't that awful. I don't see the problem, really.

Unless you're talking about being a priest in which being a priest main is never a good option on the freedom servers. They're supposed to have restrictions so not everyone is a priest. I don't really think a new god is necessary, tbh.

Edit: Well, Alyeska seems to be faring well as a priest main. But I still can't recommend doing it.

Edited by Laiwyn

Alyeska said- "Then don't go priest. You can be a follower and you wont have any restrictions, at all. You gain some tiny bonusses as follower, such as a small bonus to healing for fo, or the rite of srping for vynora every now and then. Seriously, I don't see the problem, and that is coming from someone who plays a main priest on a pve server, the restrictions don't bother me in the slightest."

I said- "finally found someone to convert me to Fo, I ran home after and found me some silver, made an altar, and even had a good neighbor "Bless" my new altar so I could pray and stuff to my new god.............. You can not pray because you do not have any deity..........

OMG!!! WT@?????

So after making an idol of my god and a bowl and bugging everyone on Freedom chat, I find out that even followers are restricted by what they can do and mining is a NO-NO for FO. I lost all my faith and religious skills are ZERO. Im told it will go back up over time and there are things I can do to get it back."

I tried to be a follower...but I was not allowed to mine.....if I choose other god then I cant chop wood, or dig or what ever...so how can I be a follower if I cant do these things if I have to in order to survive...kinda defeats the purpose as we pray to a god to help us make it thru our daily lives every day...not tell us you cant try and make life better for your selfs....

People stop think of this as a you pray and sacrifice to get spells...I dont care about that..I just want a God that I can worship (whos not pretend) and be allowed to be me with out worring about "omg I just step on that flowers....im such a heathen"

Laiwyn Said- "Vynora isn't really that limiting as a follower, plus the little bit of skillgain you get from having higher faith isn't too bad. It's not hard to toggle off faithful if you want to destroy some pavement or a wall and the penalties to alignment aren't that awful. I don't see the problem, really.

Unless you're talking about being a priest in which being a priest main is never a good option on the freedom servers. They're supposed to have restrictions so not everyone is a priest. I don't really think a new god is necessary, tbh.

Edit: Well, Alyeska seems to be faring well as a priest main. But I still can't recommend doing it."

I see what your saying and your right I dont think Priest as a main is a good option..I just dont feel there is a God for us non combatives who just want to play PVE or even Roleplayers. And I understand Why you dont think a god is necessary, (your right its not...you can still play the game with out it) I was just asking as this is the new ideas/request forum. as in depth and robust as this game is already I just feel like a PVE Diety would make it that much funner and more enjoyable.

I tried to be a follower...but I was not allowed to mine.....if I choose other god then I cant chop wood, or dig or what ever...so how can I be a follower if I cant do these things if I have to in order to survive...kinda defeats the purpose as we pray to a god to help us make it thru our daily lives every day...not tell us you cant try and make life better for your selfs....

I don't know what god you tried out but as far as I know, regular followers that did not priest up do not suffer penalties. Only one that gets penalties (tiny ones) is vynora for bashing walls. Did you actually try becoming a follower, or did you just go off (mis) information given to you by others?

Just tried it on a normal, regular, plain old vynora follower. I'm currently digging, I just imped some leather armour up and mined some iron, and I don't see myself getting struck by lightning or even losing faith (it's sitting nicely at 30)

Redd said- "-1"

Please add constructive and or critical comments about the topic, or take your troll spam somewhere else as the "-1" say's nothing more than you saw a new post and want to get a post credit...

Alyeska said- "I don't know what god you tried out but as far as I know, regular followers that did not priest up do not suffer penalties. Only one that gets penalties (tiny ones) is vynora for bashing walls. Did you actually try becoming a follower, or did you just go off (mis) information given to you by others?

Just tried it on a normal, regular, plain old vynora follower. I'm currently digging, I just imped some leather armour up and mined some iron, and I don't see myself getting struck by lightning or even losing faith (it's sitting nicely at 30)"

I choose FO and sat there and listen to the priest do the convert speech(took a good minute to finish), was congradulated on my new faith and was told that was it. If there was something else I was supposed to do then I havent done it yet as I dont know what it is.

I said- "finally found someone to convert me to Fo, I ran home after and found me some silver, made an altar, and even had a good neighbor "Bless" my new altar so I could pray and stuff to my new god.............. You can not pray because you do not have any deity..........

Uhh what? Then you did something wrong. Either you did not get converted or your altar is blessed by another god... Either way just make a stone altar? There are only minor differences.

Follower does not restrict you in any way so again you did something wrong. As for the rest you have 3 options.

1. Be a priest and deal with those stuff

2. Dont be a priest if you dont want restrictions

3. Make an alt especially to be a priest like many people do.

People stop think of this as a you pray and sacrifice to get spells...I dont care about that..I just want a God that I can worship (whos not pretend) and be allowed to be me with out worring about "omg I just step on that flowers....im such a heathen"

Why? But as others said its called a follower and if you have restrictions as a follower then you are doing something wrong

Edited by atazs

Also, what is your alignment and/or base stats (there are extremely low requirements for these even to become a follower)

I choose FO and sat there and listen to the priest do the convert speech(took a good minute to finish), was congradulated on my new faith and was told that was it. If there was something else I was supposed to do then I havent done it yet as I dont know what it is.

You went Fo, that should be non-restricted. Make sure to check your event to see if you actually were converted to Fo. You need at 1,5 body and I think something like +2 alignment to be converted to begin with. After thats done, make sure by trying pray at a fo altar. if it lets you pray there, it means you are indeed a Fo follower. If you cannot pray somethign went wrong in converting you.

Followers of a faith do not receive the restrictions priests do. The wiki pages on each god lists possible follower restrictions, that should help :)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, November 26, 2012 - Off Topic
Hidden by Jberg, November 26, 2012 - Off Topic

I don't know what god you tried out but as far as I know, regular followers that did not priest up do not suffer penalties. Only one that gets penalties (tiny ones) is vynora for bashing walls. Did you actually try becoming a follower, or did you just go off (mis) information given to you by others?

Just tried it on a normal, regular, plain old vynora follower. I'm currently digging, I just imped some leather armour up and mined some iron, and I don't see myself getting struck by lightning or even losing faith (it's sitting nicely at 30)

Well we can see you fare so well as a priest "main" because of the alts you have to play on as well. Priests suck as a main, you can't come here and say you are doing fine cuz yer playing on alts... gg

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, November 26, 2012 - Quoting Troll
Hidden by Jberg, November 26, 2012 - Quoting Troll

Well we can see you fare so well as a priest "main" because of the alts you have to play on as well. Priests suck as a main, you can't come here and say you are doing fine cuz yer playing on alts... gg

Sorry, the only alt I own is Grieba, which is my battery Fo priest for casting, and Fluttershy, who holds one of my deeds, becuase I can't hold multiple deeds on the same account. Not some replacement character I play on while my main sits in the background spamming prayers.

Maybe YOU don't like main priests, but there are people out there that do, so it's nothing but your own opinion. I can come in here saying I do fine on a main priest, as I have for the past few years, becuase its simply true. Otherwise I wouldve depriested years ago. Fine if you don't like it, but to tell someone else they cant enjoy their choice of gameplay is a bit silly.

Apart from this poor attempt to derail a genuine thread, I hope you got the restriction issue sorted out Metis.

Edited by Alyeska

So you want no ability to priest and cast spells but what to pray to an altar....

What is the difference if you just meditate to a rug??

Maybe some kind of little buddha doll to pray at to meditate???

At least with meditation you actual gain some skills you can use.

Being a follower of a god doesn't really give much at all anyways.

You can still do what ever you want and click unfaithful and pray if that is what you are trying to do.

SO let me make this clear here all you want to be able to do is pray to a god and have no priests and no spells and no bonuses??

SO let me make this clear here all you want to be able to do is pray to a god and have no priests and no spells and no bonuses??

And no penalties, which is how it should be. There are still some small bonusses to being a follower of a god though, I think this is mostly from a roleplay point of view.

And no penalties, which is how it should be. There are still some small bonusses to being a follower of a god though, I think this is mostly from a roleplay point of view.

You can role play with out in game items or activities actually.

I just want to get to the bottom of what exactly this new god will be and what are the powers of its priests or if it will have any priests at all?

Because I know eventually some player will say hey I want to be a priest of this no restriction god and have spells and powers without restrictions.

I think meditate can be role played that you are meditating/praying to your god.

Maybe he could make some kind of idol to worship besides a rug?

Edited by Protunia

You can role play with out in game items or activities actually.

I just want to get to the bottom of what exactly this new god will be and what are the powers of its priests or if it will have any priests at all?

Because I know eventually some player will say hey I want to be a priest of this no restriction god and have spells and powers without restrictions.

I think theres some kind of misunderstanding. The OP was posted in request of a god, where you could be a follower without penalties. OP thought that the current gods followers all share the same penalties of the priest, which they dont.

Followers(WL) have zero restriction except Lockpicking, in which cast if you lockpick a door/gate you will lose faith and alinment, and, correct me if im wrong, but you cant even lockpick houses/gates on freedom

Followers(WL) have zero restriction except Lockpicking, in which cast if you lockpick a door/gate you will lose faith and alinment, and, correct me if im wrong, but you cant even lockpick houses/gates on freedom

Can if you own it, unless they changed it again.. rule has had more waffles than a waffle house..

To note, this penalty (along with similar ones like bashing walls as a Vynora follower) doesn't hit every time. It's purely random when you get punished.

So you want no ability to priest and cast spells but what to pray to an altar....

What is the difference if you just meditate to a rug??

Maybe some kind of little buddha doll to pray at to meditate???

At least with meditation you actual gain some skills you can use.

Being a follower of a god doesn't really give much at all anyways.

You can still do what ever you want and click unfaithful and pray if that is what you are trying to do.

@Protunia... Praying to a god, any god, is an act of respect for a higher power and an act of perhaps relying on that higher power. Meditating on the other hand is an act of trying to come to terms with the Universe under your OWN power. No God required. Big difference.(at least that is what I know about both in a nutshell). I read the OP and I get the idea that Metis is more trying to experience the world of wurm as his character rather than wurm just being a skill gaining game. Once again, big difference.

Not everything in Wurm is about Skill gain.

@Metis, as others have said, if you are a Follower of Fo there are no restrictions to activities on Freedom servers, I know because all my characters are Fo Followers. I do not like the Priest system in Wurm so I have chosen to refrain from that, and it is a decision I am glad I made. You can get the feeling that your character is participating in religion without all the red tape that goes with it (red tape in Wurm that is).

Edited by Kyrmius