The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

South East Canal Ideas [Please Close]

59 members have voted

1. 1. What way should the canal go?

• Red path
    • Blue path
    • Neither

why do i get the feeling there is mickey taking going on.... NO-ONE is obliged to do ANYTHING about passage passed the land they hold.

Passage past a players land is done by goodwill alone and NO obligation should EVER be alluded to.

if anyone wishes to "oblige, cadjole or bully anyone else then perhaps they should be on a PVP server and NOT a PVE.

I also just crossed Kami on horseback

The question was carts....not horses.

I also just crossed Kami on horseback

I have acknowledged you can get through to Kami with a horse or on foot. I needed to get to Tap Dance with a cart to pick up a load of iron and was unable to because of a lack of a path past Genesir and Freewind.

Do that on a cart and I'll bake you a cake!

I see, when it's pointed out that there is a way to travel there that does work, change the subject.

Carts and horses follow the same depth rules, if I must I will, but get that cake baking

People look at the server map. You can get to AP from West by water already. You can access AP from the East through the Kami canal....

All roads do not need to lead to AP (no offence Ani)

No offense taken Dd. All I was stating was that perhaps the poll was too little options. As neither could mean.. neither of those 2 options but maybe another route (which is how I voted) or no canal at all (which is perhaps how some voted).

I personally.. do not need a canal, but am willing to help with one. And I don't think all roads need to lead to AP either.. But would connect the southern sea with the middle. Just like Ridgepoint did for the north. That canal cut a lot of sail time off.

Heres the road plan i was talking about. I sailed through one of these with a player riding a cart over my head. We can make multiple ones within the canal for players on carts to pass.

plan1.jpg

Edited by Garrasion

plan1.jpgThe actual image instead of the link is better for some users. Sorry

Edited by Kidknie

Heheheh. An hour of sail time is a far cry better than 30 minutes of sail time and 2 hours spent waiting for a GM to move your stuck ship :D

Properly built cave canals won't have that issue, not to mention it's a known bug that's being worked on.

thanks for the repost of the image.

As you can see i have sailed through one of those types of canal structures so it would be possible to make multltiple bridges like the image above that way the roads will not be distroyed and boats can sail through.

Edited by Garrasion

ok a canal will be possible ONCE bridges are available, at present neither tunnel nor surface canals work well enough to keep everyone happy.

As for the present proposal it is in my opinion insane and only likely to cause animosity... it would be better placed further east where there are lees deeds to disrupt AND more importantly there would be far less digging required... what the blazes is so special about the longer route.

And gasrison as this is yet to be resolved, why are you fueling the flames by attemping to dig the thing already?

I have been away on Exodus so can someone post on a map where this new canal idea is at?

right at the doorstep of my farm house on the west side of the deed theres a perfect and wide enough area to make the canal.

Why has this project been started when the poll clearly shows that this is not a preferred route?

It appears the owner of a deed has started some work on their deed. Does this require your permission?

This work is NOT on his deed. It is adjacent to his deed, also one of my deeds.

I have acknowledged you can get through to Kami with a horse or on foot. I needed to get to Tap Dance with a cart to pick up a load of iron and was unable to because of a lack of a path past Genesir and Freewind.

I'm sorry but if I understand this, You're saying that there is no road pass between Freewind and Kami? there is a road that goes east then north, It's not a highway according to the rules, but all the locals seem to be ok with not blocking it off.

Wurm_zps71938091.jpg

Edited by Ragnarok

Actually, Enki did not approve the canal, he just said that it was legal.

[14:26:09] <Enki> I ma not giving approval of anything, there is nothing for me to rule on.

Edited by dirtdober