Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

South East Canal Ideas [Please Close]

59 members have voted

1. 1. What way should the canal go?

• Red path
    • Blue path
    • Neither

If they would just fix it so that hitched carts and boats can pass the same level of water there would be no more trouble like this. I can't for the life of me understand why they have not done this yet.

As the thread starter I would like to request this to be closed due to topic is getting a little out of hand.

Yes, and he said it's okay to proceed with the canal.

[14:26:18] <Enki> I ma not giving approval of anything, there is nothing for me to rule on.

He did say it was okay to proceed, but that is not tacit approval

I'm just curious about the status of this proposal. As it stands, the red path would cut right through my 21x25 deed. If you intend to build it underground, we have a big mine with numerous iron veins. I'm not necessarily dissenting, I'm just curious as to what is going to happen, as we have put a lot of work into our property, and now we have found out the canal is in progress (after being voted down).

• Like 2

Guen, it is going past Garr's deed and alongside Becks deed. Welcome to pm me ingame and I can show you the current route.

If they would just fix it so that hitched carts and boats can pass the same level of water there would be no more trouble like this. I can't for the life of me understand why they have not done this yet.

but hitched carts and boats can pass the same depth

I was thinking that you had to drag the boat across if a cart could pass maybe i am wrong. If so that is great but if you have to drag the boat over the one tile then they need to fix it so you don't have too.

Knarrs, row boats, and sail boast can make it over land bridges without any pushing

Seems odd that this project has been soundly rejected by the voting public and yet construction persists.

Actually, "odd" isn't the word. "Inconsiderate" is more appropriate. I mean, why even bother with the poll?

Furthermore, what is the purpose of this canal? Is the road bisecting the nearby forest not sufficient? Have we learned nothing from Kami? Think of the children! Seriously, though, I think it's a weird place for a canal and although it may be legal to construct it is still an affront to the sensibilities of all who value the democratic process and the Voice of the People.

Vote Luciano, 2012.

in the poll the red path is winning,so check again.

but the numbers of votes is pretty low anyway

Edited by Nume

i personly think this will benifit people of the server more then burrden anyone people who are complaining about it are jusy being selfish. you dont even have to build it so why are you complaining?

in the poll the red path is winning,so check again.

but the numbers of votes is pretty low anyway

At 2, when Luciano posted, red path was still only 13. Must be a community leader "convincing" citizens to vote so "red path is winning" can be claimed.

i personly think this will benifit people of the server more then burrden anyone people who are complaining about it are jusy being selfish. you dont even have to build it so why are you complaining?

Some of those complaining didn't even want it. There is a highway from the south, a canal from the east, another from the north, and the Salsa Straights all opening into the inner sea in one location or another. This new canal that is being forced through IS about selfishness, but not on the part of people who are asking why the work is going forward already.

Edited by Kidknie
  • Like 2

so what your saying is you want what you want not whats benifiecal to the whole of the server?

This south canal has been pushed through and started against many complaints and efforts to have it stopped. It is currently running through 2 of our deeds and split them so we have no acces to our further east deed. I was currently working on a highway from the stigg-amish highway to go down and around our deeds to the peet that is east. It was to make it easier to travel by cart but because i was working on it as they came in and forced this canal to be started they ripped out the front of the highway thus making the peet and our deed no longer accesible. We need support to stop this ridiculous canal. There are other places they can do this where areas are not affected and they plan to try to dig into our mines below thus hindering our work we have done in our deeds. We are tired of stupid things like this canal cutting through are 2 deeds and tryng to dig in our mines. Please stop this canal and move it eleswhere.

• Like 1

At 2, when Luciano posted, red path was still only 13. Must be a community leader "convincing" citizens to vote so "red path is winning" can be claimed.

Pretty pathetic tactic, in my opinion.

Look guys, go ahead and disregard our complaints but don't insult our intelligence. It's obvious your desire for a canal is greater than your desire to remain amicable with your neighbors. Frankly I think it may be time for a poll judging the community's interest in constructing a land-bridge across the lake.

• Like 1

so what your saying is you want what you want not whats benifiecal to the whole of the server?

If the government all of a sudden decided to ban personal automobiles to benefit the whole planet, a great many people would likely protest. Oh wait. You aren't the government. The canal you guys are laying in benefits only Amish Paradise. It is a matter of economy. I honestly do not see anyone north of Kami benefiting from this canal.

The closest thing I have seen to any sort of economic force for the outer coast is Kami. The inner sea hosts several market places, but, and let's be honest here, Amish Paradise is a commercial juggernaut that pretty much calls all the shots on Celebration. Nothing wrong with being the biggest and the best. But absolute power corrupts absolutely.

In the following illustration, the big red line is a VERY rough pen in for where the canal is currently being forced. This image shows the potential need for traffic on such a canal.

579429_483041981729522_332426592_n.jpg

The orange triangle represents areas that predominantly use the existing highway to get to Celebration's version of "Rome". Those in the teal polygon already have easy access to all of the inner sea's market places, which are mainly in or near the Dead Noob Sea. The area in purple stands to do better with either the Kami passages, the Ridgepoint canal, or the Salsa straights, so the canal won't benefit them. The area in green COULD benefit but most of them currently either use the highway or Kami to get to the Dead Noob Sea with a minimum amount of effort. The area in brown was recently given a shoreline road by Amish to allow them to use the highway, which means they won't NEED the canal, really. The dark blue area could be better served with a canal either south between Trinity and Novus Minas, or north east to the inner sea, possibly even just a highway. In my conservative estimation, only the yellow area would be truly well aided by the canal that is being forced upon the south east area and even then that is a matter of individual preference. So would the canal actually benefit the entire server? Not really, no. But it would serve Amish Paradise quite well.

no it would just mean people can get into the inner sea from the south by boat faster rather then take the extra couple hours to sail around this would also mean people can diliver from central server to the south without having to go all the way around. yet again you post simply stated you are being selfish rather then help the people from around the server you would rather help your self. i however agree with you this will help AP but it will also help ever other merchant in the northern parts of the server not only that you would benift from this as well people from the center may be more compelied to do bussnuess with you. i mean unless you dont like buessneuss then maybe you should let people do what they want it is after all only a game and some people like to make it easier on themselfs rather then take a couple extra hours to sail around we all dont play wurm all day and night like some.

579429_483041981729522_332426592_n.jpg

The orange triangle represents areas that predominantly use the existing highway to get to Celebration's version of "Rome". Those in the teal polygon already have easy access to all of the inner sea's market places, which are mainly in or near the Dead Noob Sea. The area in purple stands to do better with either the Kami passages, the Ridgepoint canal, or the Salsa straights, so the canal won't benefit them. The area in green COULD benefit but most of them currently either use the highway or Kami to get to the Dead Noob Sea with a minimum amount of effort. The area in brown was recently given a shoreline road by Amish to allow them to use the highway, which means they won't NEED the canal, really. The dark blue area could be better served with a canal either south between Trinity and Novus Minas, or north east to the inner sea, possibly even just a highway. In my conservative estimation, only the yellow area would be truly well aided by the canal that is being forced upon the south east area and even then that is a matter of individual preference. So would the canal actually benefit the entire server? Not really, no. But it would serve Amish Paradise quite well.

no it would just mean people can get into the inner sea from the south by boat faster rather then take the extra couple hours to sail around this would also mean people can diliver from central server to the south without having to go all the way around. yet again you post simply stated you are being selfish rather then help the people from around the server you would rather help your self. i however agree with you this will help AP but it will also help ever other merchant in the northern parts of the server not only that you would benift from this as well people from the center may be more compelied to do bussnuess with you. i mean unless you dont like buessneuss then maybe you should let people do what they want it is after all only a game and some people like to make it easier on themselfs rather then take a couple extra hours to sail around we all dont play wurm all day and night like some.

Okay, how do you figure all the merchants in the great big purple area (which by the way is north) benefit from the canal (the fat red line in the green area)?? That's like saying we'll do a canal across the middle of Florida so Alaskan cruise ships can get to Atlantic City faster.

look your clearly no seeing the big picture here and are only looking at your own wants. im just done with you.

Would help those who do their selling via delivery, not via market. But I have taken this arguement to pms to try and come to a resolution between Stigg Nation, and the canal project.

look your clearly no seeing the big picture here and are only looking at your own wants. im just done with you.

I want a say in what is done in the area in which I live. I want to live in peace. I want to not have canal projects or whatever forced down my throat. I want people to give me the same respect I give everyone else from the time I first meet them until they show they no longer want my respect. When I put in the Stigg-Amish Highway, I ASKED Aniceset could I do work in her area to connect the highway to Amish. I ASKED where she wanted it connected and adjusted my plans accordingly. I felt incredibly guilty that Cel had to relocate, and was actually planning on going around his deed in spite of the extra work it meant. I named it the Stigg-Amish Highway out of the great deal of respect I have for Ancientstigg, the man from whom Stiggmatta Nation got its name, and Aniceset, the very nice lady who owns and operates Amish Paradise. There have been a great number of misunderstandings of late, not the least of which is the level to which I drive myself to do things as correctly as I can, and my inability to trust people to give me the level of craftsmanship I desire when doing a project such as the highway among other things.

We are a large nation with a small populace, but a huge work ethic. We have been here on Celebration since May, and have accomplished much. I only just started working on a personal residence for myself a week ago. I have been spending all my time working on infrastructure for our area and for our nation. You can sit there and say I am selfish and look out for only my own needs, but I do not see anyone taking up a collection to pay me for the Highway's construction. I wouldn't take the payment. We all needed it. So I stood up and did it. Ask Aniceset how many different things I have done to help without asking for any sort of payment. Call me selfish if you like, but you need to learn about me before you say unflattering things simply because I am opposed to something you feel is right. That is just ignorance.

BTW, just say NO to the canal!

Edited by Kidknie
  • Like 2

Well speaking as a member of the purple area on you're map Kidnie, I do believe the canal will benefit my area, as well as the rest of the purple. At least for any bulk suppliers, or receivers of bulk goods, a Canal there would allow at least Knarrs passage to deliver bulk good to or from the south coast with the time it takes to do so travelling around the east or west severely cut down, Without cutting off the southwest from the southeast (Land bridges). However Ani says we are pulling out so I must obey. :)

I just want to point this out there.

We all know. Sooner or later, There is going to be more servers added to the south of Cele. Might not be fore a few months, Or another year.

But there will be. So why not get a head start on opening a faster water way to access those future servers?

I mean really... have you not seen the other servers north of Cele? See all the canals that make easy travel from north to south? Starting from indie all along the central water way. Yes they are on the west central side due to the water limits. Deli on the other hand, seeing as its one large mass in the middle they linked the water ways the best they can on the east side of the world.

And well on Exo, you can see you can get from north to south right up the middle of the server.

Why is it wrong when players want to do the same with their server.

Yes those that picked up my project could have planed it out a little better to work with/around the locals but that's out of my hands.

I live in the Northmere lake. And I have had a number of players on the south coast wanting to order bricks from me. But seeing as it takes about 2hours to get around the land mass to them, neither of us wanted to make the trip (Myself and the buyer)

So both the north, the south, AND other servers will benefit from having a canal that links the south coast water ways to the rest of the world

Edited by Ronnie

kinda in same reguard but also some ways are faster then others DEPENDING on the wind. so one wind one way might be faster another day with wind being wonky another path might be faster. going from cele to indi sucks atm