Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

South East Canal Ideas [Please Close]

59 members have voted

1. 1. What way should the canal go?

• Red path
    • Blue path
    • Neither

Alright, Well had some people say that they would like a faster way to get to and from the south east coast.

So I thought why not try and get a canal project started.

Rough idea on how the canal could be made.

Red and blue paths. Will look more into it seeing which why others would much rather have done :)

southeastcanal.png

Edited by Ronnie

Red path, i could help in the beginning until it gets past about 30 dirts deep lol.

Thought about that but the south half of the lake is to shallow even for a rowboat to sail :/

But yes, once a side is picked the everyone would much rather have. I'll scout the area to have another poll... with ideas on that one side

Also people may object to going straight through the steppe

Edited by Kegan

Have you considered any other options? I don't know what settlements are down there, but there seems like there would be better places according to the map that wouldn't cut through as much land?

No need to cut up the landscape IMO - the best option for a canal of that size would be to build a cave canal instead, much less controversial and doesn't affect what's above it! :)

Well seeing the height on the land on both sides and where a few mine doors are, a cave canal is what will have to be done.

(did a little scouting) But through the forest theres a number of little deeds even unbuilt 10x10's so seeing as the steppe is rather empty but for the shores might be the why I'll be going

Why not contact the members of Aeris and see if they wouldnt mind it going nearby there? You can tell just by looking at it that there is rock in all those places, so it's either surface mine or cave canal.

The place will end up like Psychlo and the whole mess will collapse in on itself. :lol:

Edited by Ronnie

1 tile wide isn't enough for cave canals, 3 minimum, I'd suggest 5 though.

I'm all about getting a canal through the area, would be an awesome server project. Let's get everyone together and figure something out.

Edited by BobMcKnob

Blue path would pass directly through my place on the edge of the steppe, let me tell you now the rock layer is very high there you'd have a nightmare

The only way either would work is a cave canal not sure its worth the effort its not that far from Kami.

Edited by Kegan

If aeris village is disbanded could you go directly south of there as it is te shortest route and i dont have a clue why people would not want this..

• Like 1

If aeris village is disbanded could you go directly south of there as it is te shortest route and i dont have a clue why people would not want this..

I have not seen anyone over there and the times i have went by it looks like no one has changed anything. Seems like it would be the best place but not sure whats over there either.

On Indy we toyed around with the prospect of running a cave canal underneath a stretch of 3-wide highway that ran through one chunk of the map. Since in general people don't deed over highways, it seemed a pretty good solution for our needs in that location. Unfortunately, the rock layer was too close to the water for us to make it feasible in that spot, but perhaps something like this could work for you in that area?

I don't think there was enough interest in the project so it was dropped. Going across the steppe would be a lot of work mining it all out and the other path is blocked from ever being done at the moment.

Edited by Kegan

Well, Im still up to doing it but.... Seeing from the votes more players rather there not be one then those wanting one

Neither of those canal ideas are acceptable. There needs to be a land route for carts to get to Kami so that carts can be driven from anywhere in the south up to the north and back. You want to access the lake, go through the Inner Sea.

Two of my friends deeds would be affected by the red line route...it would run between their deeds and basicly cut them off from each other.

And as they are in an Alliance together, that would create much animosity toward those that insist on a canal.

I've had it with "forced" routes. If you want a certain route, you deed the whole area involved, then knock yourself out...and leave the rest of us be.

Two of my friends deeds would be affected by the red line route...it would run between their deeds and basicly cut them off from each other.

And as they are in an Alliance together, that would create much animosity toward those that insist on a canal.

I've had it with "forced" routes. If you want a certain route, you deed the whole area involved, then knock yourself out...and leave the rest of us be.

uummm dude, the canal would be under ground, unless your friends some how dropped a deed inside a cave, Im sure they'll be fine