Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

South East Canal Ideas [Please Close]

59 members have voted

1. 1. What way should the canal go?

• Red path
    • Blue path
    • Neither

uummm dude, the canal would be under ground, unless your friends some how dropped a deed inside a cave, Im sure they'll be fine

Did not state the fact that it would be underground. Perhaps you should consider editing your original post to reflect that, and stave off any future misunderstandings?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 16, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Jberg, October 16, 2012 - off topic

Lol you guys from Stigmatta are a joke

The best idea would be a cave canal as mentioned. Would not disturb the people who are living there.

Hey, Its Garrasion from Aegis here i am actually planning a canal route west from my farmhouse deed. i have not dig out much yet but i already reached water from digging a ramp. I plan to make it wide enough for large ships to sail through. If anyone is interested in helping with the project then give me a pm either forums or in game my ign is Garrasion.

As for a underground method i rather mine the surface of the rocks once they are exposed its no big deal.

Edited by Garrasion

Kami closed down the surface canal so carts could make it across. A surface canal, either the red or the blue proposal, would cause the same problem, ie preventing cart traffic from the south. Everyone west of said canal would not be able to use a cart to get at the peat without using a boat.

If people want access to THAT lake, they can do what they do now, sail around to the inner sea and take the canal by Amish.

Kami has reopened the surface canal, and its passable by foot, horse, and cart. Nevermind that though, a surface canal in the south east would mean years of surface mining, a cave canal is the best idea.

The rocks in the south east are near water level i have a flooded cave from where my deed is but ill look into more of how high the rock surface is from the water table.

Just a side note... carts can pass at the lake canal up by AP. with a 1 tile land bridge that was created. So anyone who travels up that highway still has access to the north part of the server with Kami reopening their old passway.

Maybe they only want neither because there wasn't an option for "Somewhere else"

I know.. I personally voted neither, because I didn't think either option was a good one. If there was other ideas, I would gladly help.

this whole idea is out of date let alone practical positioning... deeds have changed since garrison had the original idea.

Another consideration is that it would go against the above poll, therefore begs the question "what point voteing?"

I have had a deed deep in the south (at the bottom of the stigg/amish highway) for some time now and in all honesty there has not been enough traffic either by road OR sea that would justify the effort thus raising another question regarding why it would need to go ahead.

Just a side note... carts can pass at the lake canal up by AP. with a 1 tile land bridge that was created. So anyone who travels up that highway still has access to the north part of the server with Kami reopening their old passway.

Still not possible. The only way to get a cart to Kami after the lake is the land bridge between Genesir Camp and Freewind. I tried that route and it is FAIL. You can walk it or lead your animal across, but there is no cart friendly route south of Z on the map.

i would also like to point out that the stigg/amish highway took a lot of effort and time to build and has been operational for sometime and still rarely sees sufficient traffic to make it worth it's effort, this is NO judgement of the wisdom of it's constructuion but that being at the bottom of the map, as such, there are few further south that require the need to pass by us...

There isn't enough traffic because it isn't a reasonable route to take because there is no through traffic.

i would also like to point out that the stigg/amish highway took a lot of effort and time to build and has been operational for sometime and still rarely sees sufficient traffic to make it worth it's effort, this is NO judgement of the wisdom of it's constructuion but that being at the bottom of the map, as such, there are few further south that require the need to pass by us...

The highway cannot take boats. ill post a screenshot of what im going to do with the rock tiles on some parts of the canal.

a circular arguement?

sorry circular arguements never work... what i see from that one is, there is no traffic becuase there is no route and there is no route becuase there is no traffic.

great! it supports both arguements... diplomacy points to you....:)

Still not possible. The only way to get a cart to Kami after the lake is the land bridge between Genesir Camp and Freewind. I tried that route and it is FAIL. You can walk it or lead your animal across, but there is no cart friendly route south of Z on the map.

It works perfectly fine, I don't understand what your problem is, I just rode a horse through it. Do I need to make a video for you?

The highway cannot take boats. ill post a screenshot of what im going to do with the rock tiles on some parts of the canal.

Proposing to do. "Going to" do indicates that it is going forward regardless of all other arguments.

Just to be sure I wasn't losing my mind.. I came to the lake canal on the north side with my cart & crossed. 2OFMh.jpg

Also, I see traffic coming up the highway all the time to AP. One thing to take into consideration, is that some items need to be boat delivered. A canal "Somewhere" from the south would take off a lot of sail time for those people. Through the lake does seem like the best option, however I have not traveled down there to see what exactly is the best route.. cave, land etc.

Once Stiggmatta finishes their portion of the south coastal road that the deeds along the south have completed.. the travel should become easier on foot/cart from the SW. On the inner sea, there is also a road that connects from North steppe straight into AP.

Edited by Aniceset

there does seem to be a "damn the opinions and send them to the reservation!" thing going on eh?

People look at the server map. You can get to AP from West by water already. You can access AP from the East through the Kami canal....

All roads do not need to lead to AP (no offence Ani)

It works perfectly fine, I don't understand what your problem is, I just rode a horse through it. Do I need to make a video for you?

I have acknowledged you can get through to Kami with a horse or on foot. I needed to get to Tap Dance with a cart to pick up a load of iron and was unable to because of a lack of a path past Genesir and Freewind.