Sign in to follow this  
nervesplitter

anyone who does java? i'm looking to "hire"

i'm working on a game but i need to hire people to help no pay until it takes off, sorry about that but i've got no money at all. i have all the plans done 100% im working on the models and basic players

sorry but it sounds a little like "hey, you make me game, I sell it and pay you little"

btw you should try on game-dev specified sites like gamedev.net?

Get started in programming and deliver a working, mind-blowing prototype. People might want to help out then. As it currently stands, noone will answer your call.

Especially when you give no information about what you want them to do.

And if you're not paying them you're not hiring them.

more i'm getting people who will look at it as a hobby more then their source of money type of thing also i can explain what I want them to do after they say yes

i can explain what I want them to do after they say yes

Then don't expect anyone to say yes.

You'd be better off learning to do software engineering on your own. Pretty much every game designer in existence has their own game ideas (which are worthless until actually turned into a game). Professionals get paid good money to work on ideas that are not their own, and will easily have ten ideas of their own floating around for every one idea a layman will have.

Norad, I read your post before it was removed.. it was mean

But I laughed my arse off for like five minutes - sorry Rolf (I'll buy some silve in repentance)

Norad, I read your post before it was removed.. it was mean

But I laughed my  off for like five minutes - sorry Rolf (I'll buy some silve in repentance)

Same, except the it being mean part more truthful if you ask me. I guess the truth hurts ha.

Build your idea - DO it. Seriously - grab some graph paper and plot out plaer progression.

(That's you, start from there - where does the player, you, want/need (implied character to do in order to proceed to ((pay me mo money?)) is the current model. Doesn't need to be this... I hope it doesn't anyways.

I bought 10 silver last night also Rolf.

Sorry, it was pretty funny though.

Don't say, "I'm looking to hire,".

Do say, "I'm looking for people who want to help me with a hobby I've been working on,".

One of the most important things to highlight is, "I've been working on," IE: Do not ask for help before you've even started >.>

Don't say, "I'm looking to hire,".

or at the very least don't follow "hire" with "no pay"

Telling people you have "no money at all" doesn't make it very appealing to work with you either lol... most likely you're still in school and don't even know anything about programming to begin with?

And why java?

most of the time if your not hireing you need to let people have a ownership over a peice of the project aka joint ownership or they have to realy enjoy the game your making. so your better of giving a discription of what your going to provide or offering a share in the game.

check out game dev and also some indie game forums.

And why java?

Java is a lovely language the problem is people program it the same style they do with C++. they don't use the imbuilt methods enought or keep up to date with whats going on with the VM enought, since that is realy pushing forward what the language can do. FTI you can compile java into machine code which will not require a VM if you use the right compiler, so the whole java is slow beacuse of using a VM as a third party is a myth, people use the VM to make it easily portable. check out Jmonkey engine that can show you what Java can do, but its so not pushing it to the max, for example C++ we all thought it couldn't do what it could now, it was only beacuse people pushed forward we saw more of what it could do. jmonkeyengine.com