Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Dropping dirt.

Right click dirt scroll down to 'Drop' > 'Pile'

'Floor'

Probably been suggested before but itd save lots of time dropping random items to make piles.

This is a solution to a very small problem ... but I like it none the less. :)

I like the idea, but not a fan of the execution.  I think we land shapers have had enough actions added to moving dirt around (Such as grabbing all that you can from a pile at once instead of only 10 while dragging to inventory.  Sure, I can get only 10 at a time, but now I have to shift drag then hit the ok button).

Make it part of the regular rclick menu and I'd give it a +10

Or even another way to do it, when digging instead of going into your inventory, why not make it into a pile on another tile of dirt. Or even on the same tile as you. Treat it like mining. Instead of the dirt spreading it only spreads when picked up and dropped.

Instead of adding more menu options, just add another 'drop' keybind for forming a pile with any droppable item. Seeing as this "fix" would really just be an alternate solution to a minor inconvenience, it makes more sense to use a bind instead of a whole new menu option (even if it's toggle-able). My config would look like this:

"bind g DROP"

"bind CTRL+g "DROP_PILE"

Couldn't be simpler.

Instead of adding more menu options, just add another 'drop' keybind for forming a pile with any droppable item. Seeing as this "fix" would really just be an alternate solution to a minor inconvenience, it makes more sense to use a bind instead of a whole new menu option (even if it's toggle-able). My config would look like this:

"bind g DROP"

"bind CTRL+g "DROP_PILE"

Couldn't be simpler.

some of us don't use binds

i.e. me

Make it like it is with rock and wood.

Whenever you do a digging action the dirt turns up as a pile where you are digging.

"bind g DROP"

"bind CTRL+g "DROP_PILE"

Couldn't be simpler.

As a habitual digger, I think this would be much better. Don't really think we need yet another menu item in wurm to be randomized.

Whenever you do a digging action the dirt turns up as a pile where you are digging.

+1

Move it to inventory explicitly when you're ready to.

How about just add a new menu option under drop for dirt?

>drop

>form pile

That way, terraformers aren't inconvenienced with having to navigate menus, and we get piles.

+1

Digging when hauling a cart, should put the dirt straight into the cart (same for mining and woodcutting whilst hauling ;p)

Digging when hauling a cart, should put the dirt straight into the cart (same for mining and woodcutting whilst hauling ;p)

+1

I think it should be this way with Farming as well.  I know at low farming you only produce a few items, however with a 5x5 farm and high farming, you are producing a couple hundred items.

If you are towing a cart than any item produced should go directly into the cart.  if you dont want it to, than dont tow a cart while producing things and it will form a pile on the ground that you can pick up.  If the cart is full of items/weight than you start forming piles on the ground.

Farming is fine - as you want one of what you just harvested to sow...

I agree with this. Don't forget about harvesting... well, maybe not mass harvesting. ;D

+1

Heck do it with sand and peat and everything else.. okay too much, but at least sand....