The-Expanse-season-4-alien-bomb.jpg

In old mines near veins a strange phenomenon may appear. It comes in two forms, red and blue 😉

Blue one takes character back in time on map he is on, to a point before colonization and appearance of humans (there are not even starting cities), but journey is temporary and portal allows you to transfer resources from past to present.

Red is a one-way trip to a random NFI or SFI map, depending on where character is.

All inventory items are transferred intact except compass, which doesn't seem to work on other side.

Additionally, travel/sailing between NFI and SFI maps on other side becomes possible.

I don't understand you, after all, some maps have been available to players for several years, some maps are more popular than others, it's quite logical and low-cost idea to make them available again in their original state.

I think you are throwing your ideas out there while they are still incomplete and incompatible. Keep them in a little while longer and let them cook. 

This feels strangely related to another post made about a certain resource ....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Khellus said:

This feels strangely related to another post made about a certain resource ....

Feels strangely "run a separate server for me because hosting and processing power is free but let me bring back my logs and rock shards in my pocket from there".

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

I don't understand you, after all, some maps have been available to players for several years, some maps are more popular than others, it's quite logical and low-cost idea to make them available again in their original state.

lol?

"at low cost"? 

run a whole server so somebody could go and mine 5x ql99 marble?

I do not get that logic...

and this directly asks for duplicate shadow copy of all servers, so you casually ask to double all server costs, for mere vein draining in mines...

how is that reasonable

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Finnn said:

lol?

"at low cost"? 

run a whole server so somebody could go and mine 5x ql99 marble?

I do not get that logic...

and this directly asks for duplicate shadow copy of all servers, so you casually ask to double all server costs, for mere vein draining in mines...

how is that reasonable

Right 🙃, I have been writing about larger space, larger maps and new maps for several years.

In this way, playable area would increase by a lot, I don't know what costs of maintaining maps are, but if it is not profitable to duplicate all of them, it may be worth choosing most popular ones from SFI and NFI.
By the way, it would be fair merge in my opinion.
And without starting cities, there would be no alts that pop up randomly, because you would first have to find a time portal on old maps (in case of red option).
Blue option would be map reset every now and then (6 months?), so it would be a truly infinite resource feature that can be transported to existing maps.

Edited by Darnok

I believe you ate both pills, red and blue. Good luck.

-1 hell no to this suggestion.

• Like 1

I wish we could travel back in time to before this post was created. :)  

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

I have been writing about

KLfZn9I.jpeg

Sorry, I seem to have become lost. I thought this was a forum for Wurm Online.    Can anyone point me in the direction of Wurm discussion?

46 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Sorry, I seem to have become lost. I thought this was a forum for Wurm Online.    Can anyone point me in the direction of Wurm discussion?

basically budget of the 1st, but we need the 2nd guy to expand the feature list

loki-god-of-stories-yggdrasil-multiversal-world-tree-loki-season-2-episode-6.jpg1j1pyb.jpg?a475440

Take the blue pill and go prospect the whole server to find some Marble veins and mine them.

Or 

Take the red pill and quit Wurm Online, then go work in a Marble Quarry.