Darnok

Dear Redheart and Blueheart

5 hours ago, Madnath said:

I don't think a thread of this style is productive. Having been the target of one in the past, it just drips the negative vibes.

I think a better idea is to make a fresh suggestion that would rectify this issue.

nonsense, these threads are important places for Wurm's xenophobes to post "deed it or lose it" like it's an admirable policy instead of a bandaid

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chakron said:

nonsense, these threads are important places for Wurm's xenophobes to post "deed it or lose it" like it's an admirable policy instead of a bandaid

uEPXHHz.jpeg

Deed it or lose it.

Edited by Viceren
  • Like 1

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the destroyed spirit castle, because I can't think of a reason for needing to do that. Everything else just comes down to your own mistake for not deeding it. Expansion plans ended up blocked because somebody did stuff off deed? Well, then you should have deeded the areas that you planned to expand to, that's what deeds are for. You're taking huge risks with your expansion plans if you don't deed the areas in question. Same with the marble veins in that mine, if you don't deed it then you clearly don't care enough if somebody else mines it all, so why complain about it later?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the destroyed spirit castle, because I can't think of a reason for needing to do that. Everything else just comes down to your own mistake for not deeding it. Expansion plans ended up blocked because somebody did stuff off deed? Well, then you should have deeded the areas that you planned to expand to, that's what deeds are for. You're taking huge risks with your expansion plans if you don't deed the areas in question. Same with the marble veins in that mine, if you don't deed it then you clearly don't care enough if somebody else mines it all, so why complain about it later?

Just for clarification, we did not destroy the spirit castle, we moved it a few tiles towards us as we needed to send quite a few things over in the mail

again, we could have dealt with that and returned it, but he never reached out to us, he just came up here and posted this instead

The spirit castle was going to be returned today anyway, as I was going to make a new one and put the original back where it was so he can continue to use it

Again, it was undeeded and almost out of this guys local, there are two deeds between us and him so I’m not sure what expansion work we have blocked, I don’t think he would have been able to reach it anyway? He’s barely even in our local, so our deed is like 50-60 tiles away from him, that’s some expansion plan, considering it was completely untouched land 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Red_ said:

I'm not going to bother reading everything you just said because it's irrelevant. I'm allowed to have a deed wherever I'd like as long as it's of course within rules of the game. Especially, when this particular deed serves a purpose to both I and Blue. 

Out of courtesy, which you hadn't yet, you could have DM'd me in game to let me know you lived nearby (as I had no idea), but instead you've made a post such as this to try to stir up drama. I'm actually a reasonable person, and I would have been considerate to your requests, but communication goes both ways. 

This is why any other form of communication makes no sense, because it would be even more irrelevant.

13 hours ago, Blueheart said:

😂

bro you stalked our deed over a mine, it ain’t that deep, I ain’t interested in stealing from you I just wanted some marble 😂 

You came under my deed, not I under yours.

Do you need help finding marble near your deed?
And if there is no such node nearby, instead of creating a deed near mine, use this money and try to create a node you are looking for, Wurm provides such feature, right?

OjPTUhh.png

45 minutes ago, Blueheart said:

Again, it was undeeded and almost out of this guys local, there are two deeds between us and him so I’m not sure what expansion work we have blocked, I don’t think he would have been able to reach it anyway? He’s barely even in our local, so our deed is like 50-60 tiles away from him, that’s some expansion plan, considering it was completely untouched land 

There is one abandoned deed, the other one you made with your alt.

The "deed it or lose it" rule makes no sense for PvE.
This is a simple attempt to squeeze out real money from player.

The general rule for PvE should be "first mine resources near your deed, when they run out, gradually expand search radius".

Any other action, especially traveling far from your deed and mass mining, is simple robbery intended to limit other players access to resources.

Edited by Darnok

3 minutes ago, Darnok said:

This is why any other form of communication makes no sense, because it would be even more irrelevant.

You came under my deed, not I under yours.

Do you need help finding marble near your deed?

OjPTUhh.png

There is one abandoned deed, the other one you made with your alt.

The "deed it or lose it" rule makes no sense for PvE.
This is a simple attempt to squeeze out real money from player.

The general rule for PvE should be "first mine resources near your deed, when they run out, gradually expand search radius".

Any other action, especially traveling far from your deed and mass mining, is simple robbery intended to limit other players access to resources.

I mean look I’m not gonna entertain what you say anymore as you still haven’t reached out to talk to us, you’re just here to stir up something

I know of many people who have deeded resources near us and don’t live near us, but at the same time, I’m not going to go out of my way to blame them for what they did, they see a need for resource, they take it.

It was a convenience factor for us, there was no malicious intent, we could’ve discussed it further had you reached out to us but instead of talking to me (apparently you were in my local but I don’t use local chat often so I wouldn’t have noticed, and haven’t really seen you in it since?) you’ve just decided to post this.

As I say, I’ll return the spirit house today, as we only needed it temporarily to exchange a few things, but stop lying about what we’ve done, we didn’t destroy it

Cadence is a cesspool of drama.  Move to Harmony or Melody and live happily.  

• Like 3

I only talk in papyrus sheets, don't reach me in local or PM.

As much as it's lame to rage about someone deeding over "your" off deed marble it's about all the same lame going to other side of the server, ignore someone in the local and do "whaaaaat you waaaaaant" and then expect the same courtesy 6 moths or 6 years down the road.

I am pretty sure our "senior forum moderator" and our "assistant lead discord moderator" can do a better job communicating with a random player that might or might not be way bellow their "status" and don't let it escalate to the forums, discord or facebook.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Tor said:

ignore someone in the local

He hasn't messaged me in local

30 minutes ago, Tor said:

I am pretty sure our "senior forum moderator" and our "assistant lead discord moderator" can do a better job communicating with a random player that might or might not be way bellow their "status" and don't let it escalate to the forums

This thread is the first time I'd even seen any communication from him towards me, and I trust Red enough that she would not just "ignore" someone,  we try to speak to a lot of people we encounter in passing because we enjoy engaging with people near us

For what its worth, this is our area in blue, and his area below in green? (Excuse me if the colors are wrong, colorblind), his deed isn't connected to the highway, isn't on the map, it was actually quite hard to find

I also did try to reach out to the Mayor of Alakazaar and Westville before this, but, I could not speak to them. When I looked at their WurmNode I saw their deeds being made but since have not done any slayings, constructed any mission structures (although i admit this is rarer to see) etc, so I can't do much more than try the immediate vicinity

cKk2uGo.png

Edited by Blueheart

Alakazaar? Is that the Polish player who played in North Pristine. Hey man. What's up? We met in Ebonaura.

12 minutes ago, Blueheart said:

You came to me, not me to you, so if you were planning on mass mining and building a new alt deed, you should contact someone who rode on horse around your character 🙃

Or you didn't notice that either?
You knew well that I was in area, that's why you put mine doors and that's why you made alt deed, so fast.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Darnok said:

You came to me, not me to you, so if you were planning on mass mining and building a new alt deed, you should contact someone who rode on horse around your character 🙃

Or you didn't notice that either?
You knew well that I was in area, that's why you put mine doors and that's why you made alt deed, so fast.

Not gonna lie mate, and please don't take offense to this, never heard of you

The mine door was to protect the mine until we got an alt over to deed, not from you, but from others (And if they bashed it in the meantime, it is what it is, i knew the risks of not deeding it immedaitely)

I will mention, you're awfully close to Westville, did you speak to Bowlz about your potential north expansion which will collide with his deed and be right on his perimeter? Got to make sure that you don't cause them problems of course

Edited by Blueheart

21 minutes ago, Blueheart said:

Okay, i was assuming he wasn't lie when he said he been ignored or someone planted a waystone near his deed.

Personally i consider this just misunderstanding.

Just now, Blueheart said:

Not gonna lie mate, and please don't take offense to this, never heard of you

The mine door was to protect the mine until we got an alt over to deed

I will mention, you're awfully close to Westville, did you speak to Bowlz about your potential north expansion which will collide with his deed and be right on his perimeter? Got to make sure that you don't cause them problems of course

Tomorrow I'm going to area around your deed to look for marble for you. What you are trying to do by bringing inactive deeds into discussion is not appropriate.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Tomorrow I'm going to area around your deed to look for marble for you. What you are trying to do by bringing inactive deeds into discussion is not appropriate.

That's fine, feel free to stop by deed and grab a drink and we can have a talk and maybe come to some understanding, I won't be home for a couple weeks though mind

How do you know they are inactive? 

Edited by Blueheart
Spell check

@DarnokDo you really believe you have rights to something you do not own just because of proximity?  I feel like this is a continuation of your long running suggestions troll.  Based off the history of your suggestions I can tell you do not take the time to research anything.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Mar 15, 2024, 12:14:45 AM  [Redacted] founded Hunters Lodge

The beauty of this whole argument, is that Darnok moved in 8 days ago, and immediately 'called out his intrusive neighbour'.

I can understand why some people would love to use this opportunity to call out people they see as 'staff' and 'deserving of criticism because they hold power', but you are failing to understand how aggressive the original poster is being.

If you can't understand why this is ridiculous. I'll gladly move in directly next to you, and start posting angry threads anytime you cut down a tree, or mine a vein in my general vicinity.

This thread is a joke.

Deed it or lose it.

If you can't do that much, at least handle your neighborly disputes like an adult, instead of petulantly screaming on the forums with callouts. This thread should be locked.

Edited by Viceren
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tor said:

Okay, i was assuming he wasn't lie when he said he been ignored or someone planted a waystone near his deed.

Personally i consider this just misunderstanding.

Yeah, for clarity, the top line is our highway we made, the bottom is his (which currently isn't connected to the main highway network)

cjXs1hC.png

8 minutes ago, tgod said:

@DarnokDo you really believe you have rights to something you do not own just because of proximity?  I feel like this is a continuation of your long running suggestions troll.  Based off the history of your suggestions I can tell you do not take the time to research anything.

These are exactly rules that apply in the real world, because they make sense.

Once again, if you missed my previous posts, "deed it or lose it" rule forces player to spend more money just so that others cannot deny him access to resources in his area.

This rule may make sense on PvP servers, but not on PvE.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Blueheart said:

Yeah, for clarity, the top line is our highway we made, the bottom is his (which currently isn't connected to the main highway network)

cjXs1hC.png

FHTTfsB.png

The yellow road... your extremely valuable marble, for which you had to travel all this way and make a deed to protect it from me🙃

Take it and go back to your deed, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Edited by Darnok

Posted (edited)

If you do not have permissions over something. It doesn't belong to you. The fastest and easiest way to garner immutable permissions, is to deed over it. That's what "Deed it or lose it" means.

Unless dictated directly by a GM first (Usually to avoid harassment) - Off deed fences can be bashed down, and the GM's will likely do nothing about it. Even mine door permissions can be legally circumvented in some cases, unless you spend time adding supports to every wall in your off-deed mine. Even then, someone else can easily just deed over that mine, and tear down the supports 'legally' - because they deeded it, and thus, OWN IT.

You can not claim that which you do not own, until you own it. Wanting something, does not mean you own it. If something is in the public, and someone else takes it, and you want it. You are then not entitled to call that person names for taking it before you were ready to do so yourself.

You can solve your issues very easily by deeding over something that you want. If you can not afford it. That is not another person's fault, nor problem.

If you truly, honestly feel that this was a case of harassment, your first step should've been to report it to the GM's. Not to name and shame on the forums.

Edited by Viceren
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Darnok said:

The yellow road... your extremely valuable marble, for which you had to travel all this way and make a deed to protect it from me🙃

Take it and go back to your deed, you're only embarrassing yourself.

You're probably right, I am embarrassed, I had to spend my morning looking at this thread and ultimately getting nowhere

I'm not sorry for what we did, but we will be out of the area as quickly as possible so as to not interrupt your future plans

Edited by Blueheart
  • Like 3