Sign in to follow this  
Archaed

Did you find amazing loot in a boat?

Congrats! 

And by that I mean, hi, I'm Arch, I accidentally left my boat JUUUUUUUSSST off deed

get-smart.gif

with the hold open to everyone (I know, rookie mistake). I just noticed today when I went to get something from it that it was suspiciously empty. 

uh-oh-chris-patt-8heac4oihobrwojd.gif

Some of it was random things I've stockpiled over the years, bits and bobs

scourge-thor-ragnarok.gif

Losing most of that sucks, but is okay, after all, it's just material goods

things-you-own-end-up-owning-you.gif

But some of that was very sentimental, things you only get by BEING there, with the people and the events

alf-i-guess-you-had-to-be-there.gif

I'm not looking for everything back, just those sentimental few pieces, namely some of the statues as they are important to me

this-one-is-mine-father-paul.gif

If you did find that boat, and the items inside, do you think you could reach out? I'm happy to discuss compensation as well

yes-and-im-willing-to-pay-for-it-solomon

Anyways, thanks for your time! 

TL:DR:

My boat was in a silly spot and looted, if you found it could I have a piece of it back (or a chance to talk about it!) 

• Like 10

818378c835819ae0a9f9b794231e6dc1.gif

Someone awesome reached out with some news! 

i-think-hes-got-the-goods-fitz.gif

They had recently come into possesion with some statues, the very ones I was missing! 

giphy.gif

They were super friendly and understanding, and had actually tried to find me earlier but I was offline 

confused-john-travolta.gif

They told me where they were and I went to pick up the items!

jontron-ill-take-your-entire-stock.gif

I took the statues that had sentimental value to me and let them keep the rest as a thank you, made sure to check my permissions, and then headed home

giphy.gif

TL:DR People in Wurm are awesome, check your perms! 

• Like 9

So recap:

After getting lost in a tunnel with "only" two turns, you now have made another mistake to keep your boat open for anyone to access the hold at an off deed spot?

Geeeeezzzz.

Could someone give this guy the "Facepalm of the Year" award, please!

Thorin 🤦‍♂️

Glad you got your sentimental value thingies back, I also applaud your meme digging up skills - some good choices. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

So recap:

After getting lost in a tunnel with "only" two turns, you now have made another mistake to keep your boat open for anyone to access the hold at an off deed spot?

Geeeeezzzz.

Could someone give this guy the "Facepalm of the Year" award, please!

Thorin 🤦‍♂️

wat 

Oh do you mean my joking in Freedom chat that I was lost? Yeah that wasn't serious, I was just joking around. 

A piece of advice I will give is that a bit of empathy goes a long way, it was 100% a mistake to have my boat open to access for all, and in no way have I claimed any wrongdoing, I'm very grateful for the person returning the goods. 

At the end of the day everyone makes mistakes, being kind to others when they make theirs might earn some kindness when you make yours 

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 7

3 things:

1) I'm glad you got (part of your stuff back). You're lucky, as I know people who had the same thing happening to them and never got it back. The ones who stole it were even confronted with it, put it on sale and still "got away with it".

2) I've been kind and helpful to people in Wurm for 8 years.

In those 8 years others got credits for highway building I did, changed sermon rules a deed owner and I made up for an event without even notifying or consulting me; yet accusing me of being bullying and being unreasonable when I got upset about it, had people insult my country and its habits because of some event related to a movie being more important as remembering the fallen of their country as well as my own, had people settling down near my deed, agreeing to keep the environment "as it is" and had so much terraforming being done, it'll take me 2-3 years to restore it all, had people cutting down a hedge, ONE!! tile next to a sign saying : "please use the gates", then claiming they hadn't seen the sign when having a chance to pick free horses, a person logging out during a maze group event, only to log in not long after all but one was gone and completing a part of it before the rest and even had a friend of mine being kicked from an alliance, only because she refused to choose sides in a conflict she wasn't even part of.

And all that time I've been nice to people.

3) But if you think that when someone makes a fool out of you because you made a mistake is "not being nice"; you'd better not get on my bad side. Because making a fool of someone who should've know that some mistakes can turn out bad isn't bad.

What I did was sarcasm, but you seem to have failed to see that. Which probably says more about you as it does about me.

And that's me, still being nice.

Edited by Thorinoakshield
thought faster as I typed

I guess the effort you put into making this post so... visual entertaining and nicr gave you the good karma so you could recover the lost stuff.

I am trully happy for you. Everyone has things in Wurm that silver can't simply buy!

Happy New Year and all the best in 2024!

• Like 2

+1

Let me just say.  Archaed (or one of his priest alts) once dove head first into a newly deeded maximum two-tile mine capped by the deepest drop shaft I've ever seen.  He died at least once to help me "fix" the problem.  To this day I still have a secured and working deed mine with some amazingly unique characteristics thanks to his efforts. 

I'm happy to award him "face palm of the year" award only if it also comes with a conciliatory "heart always in the right place" award. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Belgrim said:

+1

Let me just say.  Archaed (or one of his priest alts) once dove head first into a newly deeded maximum two-tile mine capped by the deepest drop shaft I've ever seen.  He died at least once to help me "fix" the problem.  To this day I still have a secured and working deed mine with some amazingly unique characteristics thanks to his efforts. 

I'm happy to award him "face palm of the year" award only if it also comes with a conciliatory "heart always in the right place" award. 

I concur! He is a good one!

Glad you got your stuff back, @Archaed!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:50 AM, Belgrim said:

+1

I know nothing about this whole thread I just read but I just have to say that Belgrim....that was awesome! Love that ""heart always in the right place" award. 

I think a lot of us have our heart in the right place more than our head in Wurm LOL

• Like 2

@Archaedhas been both tremendously giving and helpful and also a good sport whenever I (or others) tease him about something. He richly deserves both "Facepalm Lifetime Achievement" award and the "Lifetime Heart in the Right Place" award.

• Like 1