Zachariah

Swords and Skillets: Conquer 500 Recipes (SFI)

Hello fellow Southern Freedom Isles, 

As some of you remember, last year we had the "The Great Wurm Communist Cookbook Lending Library Experiment (SFI)". It was an awesome project and something that helped a lot of people get a journal goal that would otherwise take a long time to achieve. The original set of books has disappeared after the previous purveyor left the game. 

Well, I want to get this started again! What we are calling Swords and Skillets: Conquering 500 Recipes is a community project designed to assist anyone in achieving the "Learn 250 Recipes" and "Learn 500 Recipes" journal goals in Going the Distance and Destinations Unknown respectively. 

What we offer currently are 5 books with 406 recipes that when added to the 97 known recipes, will equal 503 recipes total. I have also included some other empty books that currently just have blank paper. However, the idea is that the more people that participate in the project the larger the collection will get. If someone has a recipe no one else before them had, thats another recipe added to the collection. 

The idea is, someone would read all the recipes and then take the time to recopy them all down and pass it onto the next person. When doing this you are going to copy down every recipe that isn't known or looted and get rid of any duplicates. With that being said, a problem we ran into last year is people would underestimate the amount of work this takes. I took me 2.5 hours today just to write all 406 recipes down. So please, keep in mind this is going to take you good while to accomplish. It also costs 13c, 70i to mail, so keep in mind you will need at least that in your bank to mail it out after you're done. 

I want to give a few thanks. @Zalxisspent some time and made all the paper for this. Without him this whole project never would have happened, I don't have the time to make that much paper. Secondly, @Elrohiirdonated the books, which are 82ql allowing for less books and a cheaper mailing cost. 

Below are a couple ground rules to help navigate issues we ran into last year. This is meant to be a fun project that everyone can take a part in. If you have more recipes than I do and want to make your mark on the collection, let me know and we can talk about gathering more recipes for the collection. Below is also a running list I will keep updated of who is next. I don't know how long we can keep this going, I assume we would come to a natural ending point. But let's enjoy it while it lasts. Add your name below if you would like to be added to the queue. 

Whos Next:

1. Zalxis
  2. @Kswords
  3. @garforl
  4. @Old_Lando(Lando)

Spoiler

Fgb4fpe.png

Ground Rules:

1. This is completely on the honor system. We are sending you our hard work in hopes that you will put in the work required to keep the dream alive and continue helping everyone accomplish this goal. We all know a lot of the journal goals are very hard to finish, might as well get the help on the easier ones. 
  2. As I mentioned this takes a bit of effort. You are most likely going to spend the majority of the day, especially if you don't already have the paper made. I understand people's schedules get crazy but we ask that this is completed in a timely manner. With that being said if you are running into issues completing it just communicate here so everyone is aware of what is going on. 

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 2

Currently, seeing as Zalxis donated the paper, I have sent the books to him so he may copy them down. 

Been needing to train paper making and with the party purge complete I'd love to toss my name in the hat to recieve a book to study please.

Thanks for all your effort lads.

Please add my name to the list

ig Lando

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, Old_Lando said:

Please add my name to the list

ig Lando

[23:28:47] You sense imps whispering your name and saying you have 1 mail waiting to be picked up.

its time. thanks for the extra 160~ blank pages from the last fella. will get this read through and copied as fast as i can for ya.

-

[11:42:02] The items silently disappear from the spirit mansion. You expect them to reach Lando in less than ten minutes.

@Old_Lando

like 3 copies in the book. couldnt find which ones as names changed for some of the founders of meals. confusing. regardless enjoy!

Edited by garforl

Hello - is this still operating and could I get in on it? :) 

A friend of mine is sending me their recipes, thanks though!

Edited by Blazecraze