Sign in to follow this  
Saddist

quick question about bridges

anyone know if their still on the cards. and if they are, will they anchour to them selves... or will we have to make massive dirt pillons to sit them on.....?

sort of hope they are comming, as id like to build a massive bridge across a big bay....

They should be coming "after Christmas". As to why that is in quotes...well, that's just one the things you have to learn about Wurm.

oh i know all about the ""'s theres quite a few things i remember when i was a different character. 

like "boats" and "onions" and "garlic".... they happened eventially. :)

wish i could mine fish though

After Christmas, probably  around november/december next year >.>

They should be coming "after Christmas". As to why that is in quotes...well, that's just one the things you have to learn about Wurm.

If you're used to Valve Time, Rolf Time isn't much of a stretch.

Sadly this seems to be the case more often than not. Whatever date is mentioned tack on another 4 to 7 months.

Wurm is a gem of a game amongst the rubble and in all seriousness it annoys the hell outta me when bad decisions and procrastination keeps it from reaching it's full potential. Do the damn bridges. I've been waiting to put one over the DS canal since it was completed. *sigh* I apoligize for the rant. It's rare for me to do so.

haha, i've been waiting since 06/06/06 for bridges, even planned a couple of places for them on Gold.1

Maybe before next xmas ;)

Bridges sound really cool, but a server full of half built bridges to nowhere...i dunno.

I just hope the material requirements are high enough to prevent spamming them everywhere if and when they arrive.  A short bridge should be within the capabilities of a single player, a bridge across a bay should require teamwork and several people to finish. Maybe link the resource requirement to the height of the bridge or depth of the water it's constructed in.  

Make it so only mayors of size 10 villages can plan bridges on Freedom, and only the Emperor/King/Prince on Wild.

Make it so only mayors of size 10 villages can plan bridges on Freedom, and only the Emperor/King/Prince on Wild.

I don't see why bridges should require more authority to build than houses or fences.

I completely agree. The hermit a top the mountain, the king in his castle, and the village idiot all have an equal right to plan a bridge. The control is in making it and maintaining it.

I completely agree. The hermit a top the mountain,

doesnt need a bridge

I completely agree. The hermit a top the mountain,

doesnt need a bridge

May want a rope bridge to reach another mountain ;)

I suppose you could have a toll system on it by the player who created it. Kinda like a deed system. Upkeep runs out it collapses. So you not only have decay but a system to keep them from being all over the place forgotten. Just an idea. Mayhaps have it so they can only be built by a member of a HS or village within their AoC of 50 tiles? Don't know why I'm even saying this. He'll end up doing whatever he wants anyway.

nope.

terrible idea.....

He is a troll you know. ( A good one, actually. )

always good to meet someone who appreciates my work