Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

HoTA Statues - Should have custom colors!

So for whatever reason, HoTA statues won by MR or JK all have the same variable shade of red for the lamp color. Some are wishy washy shades of red, and some are not to bad, but the thing is they are all red. That is fine, but people want choices quite often when decorating there deeds, and quite often red just does not fit in with someone's color scheme.

mRd3ucK.jpg

As you can see in the photo above, the red sorat of sucks, it does not blend well in with my marble bridge at night. 

My proposal is leave the statues as they are, but give the players the option to take a wire brush to it, remove the red lamp color and apply a color of there own personal choice. This will make for a happier player base who wish to have more options for deed decorations.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 7

+1 More power to players to create and design for themselves is always better than game code restrictions :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, asdf said:

FWIW in the WU code, the color (and kind) of a hota depends on the "win streak", and here's the colors https://trewq.pl/wurm/winstreak.html

Yep they used to change but once you'd done acertain amount, completed the loop or reached 99QL from enough (50) wins it just sticks to red every single win.

Edit - Looks like your link reflects that xD. Sillyness!

Edited by Nadroj

+1 if it's by color of kingdom that wins the hota.  I don't think it should be random.  

• Like 4

Just now, Samusen said:

+1 if it's by color of kingdom that wins the hota.  I don't think it should be random.  

It's red for any kingdom after about 40 total wins. Actually that's a lie, it's based on alliances not kingdoms. Both major kingdoms on chaos use one alliance for all deeds and as such, both only win Red.

I'm just saying that every kingdom should get it's own unique color when it wins.

MR Template - Red

JK Template - Blue

HoTS Template - Purple

Freedom Isles - Green

We all want variety of different colored lights emanating from the statues.  I just believe it should be more of a kingdom pride thing to win/distribute your own kingdom colors as a result of the event.  Either way I don't think it'd be fair to the freedom'ers whom paid exorbitant amounts for rare color statues.  In the end they're the ones we all have to please anyways to sell these things.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Samusen said:

I'm just saying that every kingdom should get it's own unique color when it wins.

MR Template - Red

JK Template - Blue

HoTS Template - Purple

Freedom Isles - Green

We all want variety of different colored lights emanating from the statues.  I just believe it should be more of a kingdom pride thing to win/distribute your own kingdom colors as a result of the event.  Either way I don't think it'd be fair to the freedom'ers whom paid exorbitant amounts for rare color statues.  In the end they're the ones we all have to please anyways to sell these things.

Fun idea i suppose, i'd prefer to be able to customise mine myself with dyes personally. Probaly simpler to code too, just let them work like lamps do. Though your idea is at least better than the odd system it sticks to now.

Just make it random like before, each time it rolls for the colours and you get what it rolls for. Ez.

Just now, Redd said:

Just make it random like before, each time it rolls for the colours and you get what it rolls for. Ez.

It was never random, check out Asdf's link above its exactly correct even down to our most recent statue number #790

However random coloration is also an improvement as suggestions go :)

• Like 1

Could have sworn we got green at some point o.O

They were random, or am I wrong entierly?  We had green, blue and I think.. a pink?

Hmm possible, i know that asdf's post is correct for the ones we've had recently. I remeber it always being 10 wins before a sudden change to a new colour back when it first started.

Aye, just could have sworn we got green... also what explains the fact they were made of gold at the beginning o.O

Off topic i know... sorry lol

They were once random colors, no idea why they were changed, but if they can make every hota statue that was in existence (I think) to red, why can they not randomise them again?

Just now, Oreo said:

They were once random colors, no idea why they were changed, but if they can make every hota statue that was in existence (I think) to red, why can they not randomise them again?

Works for me, i just want my meal warmer to stop making the whole place red :P I'm thinking a nice calming yellow.

• Like 1

Well it is not much a 'streak' to get a brief run of the blue color, looks like it may start over once we break the 999 number?

It is a sad reward to award the same color over and over to a successful alliance for winning the hota, whether its 50 wins or 800.

Edited by JakeRivers

We've removed a large number of trolling, flaming, and KVK type posts from this thread.

Further posts of this nature may result in moderation actions taken.

-Firestarter

(Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 4

make it random. 

but -1 to being able to dye it or change color. 

3 minutes ago, Egard said:

make it random. 

but -1 to being able to dye it or change color. 

reasoning?

Seems the simplest effective way to improve the system and wurm is all about giving the power to the players where possible.

• Like 2

Looks terribly broken if all it gives is red...

+1 for more variation in the colors, allowing dyeing, or a "change light color" option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

reasoning?

Seems the simplest effective way to improve the system and wurm is all about giving the power to the players where possible.

I feel these items are suppose to be sort of unique reward from hota. If everyone is able to just dye it then it loses part of the uniqueness. Making it random would provide various other color options but still keep it some what unique reward. If you

give the ability to dye them then they might as well not come with color at all. 

Tbh i think it would make sense for them to spawn without colour and be colourable by choice.

• Like 2