Sign in to follow this  
lithi

Storage solutions

I'm not sure if there's an active thread or a thread at all concerning this matter, my search results didn't give out any.

So i'm asking what kind of storage solutions for different stuff do you use? Other than the obvious bulk stuff.

Also would like to turn this thread in to a general storage information thread and gather information and tips.

Magical chest for particularly good tools/equipment, rarities and low-volume stuff that is useful to keep around. Use racks for weapons and armor and use signs/container names so you can find your stuff easier. Otherwise I don't think there's much to say about non-bulk storage except "throw it into a container inside a building" because various types of storage within that realm doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I have one Coffin dedicated to Leather Working and one dedicated to Cloth tailoring. Then I have all my wares inside labeled Backpacks in them (You can fit a surprising amount of armor in a Backpack). I have a general BSB for my LW/CT supplies, then several other BSBs for different quality Hides/Leather/Cloth. I toss a dozen or so Backpacks on the ground that contain everything from spare armor to Animal Rugs, just my everything spot.  I have a general Bulk BSB, then nearly a dozen BSBs containing either high quality Logs or my massive amount of low quality Logs. Finally I have an "everything else" BSB that I store things like Paws, Horns, Grass, Flowers ect in, sitting next to my locked BSB that contains my ultra high quality bulk of 90ql+. Of course all of my tools/weapons/bows are all sorted into assorted Small Chests and proper racks.

*OCD kicks in*

That far left lamp isn't as forward as the other two :ph34r:

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 2

Easy fix for that actually. You go and look at it diagonally, pull it once, then go to the opposite diagonal, at either a steeper or shallower angle, and pull again, so it is straight along its original path, and then simply push it back to wear it was. If you work with it a little bit you can get it dead straight.

• Like 1

I have one Coffin dedicated to Leather Working and one dedicated to Cloth tailoring. Then I have all my wares inside labeled Backpacks in them (You can fit a surprising amount of armor in a Backpack). I have a general BSB for my LW/CT supplies, then several other BSBs for different quality Hides/Leather/Cloth. I toss a dozen or so Backpacks on the ground that contain everything from spare armor to Animal Rugs, just my everything spot.  I have a general Bulk BSB, then nearly a dozen BSBs containing either high quality Logs or my massive amount of low quality Logs. Finally I have an "everything else" BSB that I store things like Paws, Horns, Grass, Flowers ect in, sitting next to my locked BSB that contains my ultra high quality bulk of 90ql+. Of course all of my tools/weapons/bows are all sorted into assorted Small Chests and proper racks.

That coffin solution sounds good, how many backpacks do actually go in there? Or small chests?

Nothing beats a large cart for storage (although I guess a wagon now could). Put 7 rafts, each raft can hold 10 backpacks or a surprising number of satchels or a ton of tools and items. Now you can put crates too.

• Like 1

Nothing beats a large cart for storage (although I guess a wagon now could). Put 7 rafts, each raft can hold 10 backpacks or a surprising number of satchels or a ton of tools and items. Now you can put crates too.

Yeah, understandable. I'm just looking something more of an... indoor solution, if you will.

Logs, Dirt, Sand, Ore (unsmelted) - Large Crate
Rock Shards, Bricks, Most smaller items like clay, cotton, etc - Bulk Storage Bin
Cooked meat, Vegetables, Eyes, Hearts -  Food Storage Bin
Weapons, Most Tools - Weapons Rack
Most other tools that won't fit - Large Chest
Fishing Rods, Armor, Rare Items - Coffin

I don't separate items by profession, but rather have separate bins for different QL levels. 
As for mass storage, I have a knarr in a building on my deed, which fits 43 large crates into it, or 100 rafts. It's not a whole lot larger than a wagon, but holds soooo much for being so small. 

That coffin solution sounds good, how many backpacks do actually go in there? Or small chests?

In a completely empty Coffin, six Backpacks fit. However, on average I have 3-4 with various items in them.

Edited by Shrimpiie

In a completely empty Coffin, six Backpacks fit. However, on average I have 3-4 with various items in them.

Okay I figured more would fit.. Do you about large chests? or if I could store many smaller chests somewhere?

I actually don't use Large Chests, which is strange now that I think about it. As for the Small Chests, I use them as more decoration in a spot next to my Bed, arranged very nicely.

something like 4 or 6 small chests fit in each large chest, I -used- to use them as storage.

coffins is my fav for non bulks until i got fountainpan.. then it is fountainpan inside smc all the time.

• Like 2

I use my large magic chest to nest fountainpacks.

i have several fountain packs inside a fountain pack inside a large magic chest.... multiply that by the 4 fountain packs that fit into the chest... gives me a crap ton of space decay free.. and it's locked too.

If only rolf would cease the nonsense about "technical reasons" behind not allowing us to move large magic chests, then it'd be perfect.

I use my large magic chest to nest fountainpacks.

i have several fountain packs inside a fountain pack inside a large magic chest.... multiply that by the 4 fountain packs that fit into the chest... gives me a crap ton of space decay free.. and it's locked too.

If only rolf would cease the nonsense about "technical reasons" behind not allowing us to move large magic chests, then it'd be perfect.

This is a bit mind-blowing for me. You're using legacy-exploited items, inside of a legacy exploited item, inside of a magic chest, and complaining that Rolf won't change something else to suit you. I don't see how it makes any sense at all for a giant container like a fountain-pack to fit inside of a large magic chest in the first place, hope they can figure out some way to change that. 

Large magic chests WERE portable, for a bit, they could be loaded, guess they fixed that.

• Like 1

Yeah, understandable. I'm just looking something more of an... indoor solution, if you will.

I will stand behind the large cart as the best indoor storage unit. Unlike most other storage units, it can hold nearly 100 backpacks. In addition, it can be draged. I use one for my priest to store all things priestly such as gems, locks, things to be enchanted among the countless other things I need to store. Literally thousands upon thousans of items can be packed into a large cart.

I wish there was a furniture item like a cabinet or something that can house the capacity of a large cart but would look like it belonged in a house.

Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 2

I will stand behind the large cart as the best indoor storage unit. Unlike most other storage units, it can hold nearly 100 backpacks. In addition, it can be draged. I use one for my priest to store all things priestly such as gems, locks, things to be enchanted among the countless other things I need to store. Literally thousands upon thousans of items can be packed into a large cart.

I wish there was a furniture item like a cabinet or something that can house the capacity of a large cart but would look like it belonged in a house.

I think another thing that people often under-estimate is how hard it can be to pick-lock a good QL large cart with a high QL lock, too. On pvp servers, this adds additional security.

wherever you have your bed, place a raft there as well, then you can store shields, fishing rods, and other large items 'under your bed'

Oh and another benefit to large carts is that you can manage the settings to a degree to allow certain people in.