Sign in to follow this  
TedRelease

Helping The Database And Some Lag?

I have a old suggestion being re-suggested because it's a good suggestion so I respectfully suggest you read!

Real simple:

With the new animal/mob count please consider reducing corpse 'shelf-life'.

It can't be good for the database to be tracking countless dead things.

I know it's not good for my eyes, rather icky really.

It's also evil for those with not-so-great fps to begin with.

It also spanks our ping a bit. No one likes a spanked ping rate.

And especially the already butchered corpses, they don't need to stay around for 4-6 in real life days.

I suggest dropping unbutchered corpses to 2 days and butchered to 60 minutes.

Of course, player remains, remain the same.

Edited by TedRelease
  • Like 1

60 minutes? Why not follow the suggestion I've been making for a while now and have butchering destroy the corpse entirely and just leave a pile of items?

• Like 1

Whatever turns you on with the fine details, but I know you agree with the general idea.

60 minutes? Why not follow the suggestion I've been making for a while now and have butchering destroy the corpse entirely and just leave a pile of items?

because I want to keep my dragon corpses for a week and not 60 minutes.

Perhaps everything not a dragon should just decay then. I know Rolf can do that, he just have to actually do it

Edited by san_tropez

Because that would be even worse, instead of corpses laying around you then have billions of item piles laying around.

if they are butchered they already are piles of iems stored in the corpse. so no difference. the thing thay may be good is that someone might see the piles and pick them up or animals would eat the meat or things from the piles.

Because it would be a pain to mouse over a tile to find that one paw that was butchered from a starving critter... 

+1 for 60minute butchered corps decay

Because that would be even worse, instead of corpses laying around you then have billions of item piles laying around.

The items on the corpses occupy just as much game resources as when they are in piles on he ground. The difference being that the corpse item is gone, and the item pile model (probably) have fewer polygons and thus is less FPS-consuming to render in large numbers.

How about also once you place coins back into the bank, they are no longer renamed. That way the server doesnt have to keep tabs on 100's of coins players name. Small but if wurm ever gets a larger player base, could help seeing as more players will rename their coins. Slightly increase tool/weapon decay of those on the ground.  I had a pile 30QL spindle still sitting on the ground from day 3 of pristine opening with only 60dmg... (Sac'ed them all last night when i noticed they were still there)

Edited by Ronnie

I think we've all run across instances where absolutely massive piles of crap had ended up or been left all over the place and forgotten or abandoned. 3 months i found 150+ stone pick axe heads and as many grindstones all under 40ql strewn about an area no longer inhabited. Out of curiosity i left 10 of each and saw yesterday that they only have 60 damage.