Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

New Kyklops Event

I can bring my own horse... i live close.. but still a bit far to call a 'spawning point in case of death' unfortunately. My deed is 'the chicken coop' on the map shown on the OP (top left hand corner and not called that now)

Would any of the locals be willing to accept the foreign fighters as temporary villagers and ally with those who own deeds on cele so we can respawn nearby should we be killed?

I would be absolutely fine with that :0 My deed is literally just right here and you can get to him in no time at all~

wurmdeedthingsv2.png

I'll be getting online now and will be online all day ^^ The deed area is completely fenced off, so your horses will be safe here~ There's also a dock at Whispering Shadow, and the walk to my deed takes no time at all :3

(Edit: please don't repair the food storage bins right outside the gate!)

Edited by Turnips
  • Like 1

well thanks... you havent given me access to the safe house so now what do i do with my horse that i just sailed down here?.... bah

unless access will only be given once the 'event' has started in which case never mind.. i will figure something out :)

All sorted.. thanks Turnip :D

Edited by Lolly1

Hopefully we don't suffer too many deaths, but a respawn close to the event is appreciated. :)

As for horses, I'll need one because I'm traveling from deli. Thank you. :)

Also switch me to a tier 3 fighter. Can't bring a large maul am bringing a 2h sword, which I have just below 30 skill in. :/

Edited by Oraggo

I will be sailing shortly, I can bring along 2 extra horses with me. :)

I'll make some more meals and start heading down too ^^

Also, does anyone happen to have any potency 4/5 items? I have these two hearts (2kg) which are just waiting to be used~ I used up all my rosemary/lovage and haven't found any more yet heheh

Edited by Turnips

I'm on my way now, have 2 barrels of meals just in case and 80 or so 53ql cotton

Logged out at the safehouse. Could use some food and a horse, but other than that, ready and rather excited to participate. :)

Sorry for not attending. I just have to afk too frequently with family here.

Anyways, I hope you kill the Kyklops Roman and everyone!

The monster! It was healing too fast... It also fired it's dreaded lag gun. had an interesting aura of lag.

Edited by Hula_Girl

It appears we have underestimated the incredible healing rate of the Kyklops and were burdened down with fps lag issues.

Maybe next time we'll have more luck but until then the Kyklop will continue to terrorise the local inhabitants of Celebration.

If the lag wasn't so terrible it would have helped.

Every time I reached max focus it would move, and it would take me up to 20 seconds to move into position again because my frame rate was less than 5.

If we can get another Mag priest and a couple more fighters though I will be looking forward to round #2 XD

Edited by nikkunikku

Dang, I had no idea he was that strong D: How in the world are you guys going to beat him??

Also heh, sorry for unalliancing/uncitizing you all so soon! I'll make sure not to do that next time. You all are welcome here whenever, I'll have to fix up the guest house for when you all come back ^^

Speaking of which, when do you all think round 2 should be? I'll try and prepare more HCs and grow a load of cotton beforehand~

EDIT: IF ANY OF YOU LOGGED OUT ONDEED, you won't be able to get out as everything is locked up and I'm going to bed really soon!! I'm going to be online all day tomorrow, so please make sure to come on so i can let you out. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Edit #2: Pintadragon, I saw your purple cart near the safehouse, so I'm gonna hold onto it for now and make sure it doesn't get stolen ^^

Edited by Turnips

Good work to everyone despite the outcome :)

I found the lag frustrating at the best of times, though once I stopped riding my horse it seems to be managable. Never was one for riding horses anyway.

Sign me up for the second round.

Sucks about the lag. Bright side is now I have some extra time to imp my skills for next attempt.

I think ppls skill lvls were decent its just not enough ppl had a weapon with self healers demise on it.

I had a few moments of bad lag, but i turned every graphic setting down to the lowest so that helped a little bit.

Self Healers demise only increases the critical hit chance on Self Healers, nothing else since the change years ago afaik. I don't think critical hit chances can be high enough to be a massive impact on the fight of a unique. Every little helps but even if you have 10% chance of a crit, you have to hit the damn thing first.

This fault also happened to me at the Troll King on Independence about a year ago. I guess it is just a problem of the amount of fighters.

Edited by Sklo:D

We had just enough players on the kyklops to not have overcrowding issues. The only times we encountered overcrowding was when the kyklops moved us onto the same tile as the healers behind us.

Regarding the fighters, everyone as far as I knew (except 1) were 70+ fighters and more than half had good weapon skill. We were well equipped with high ql weapons heavily enchanted.

The kyklops's fighting ability is nothing more spectacular than a champion troll with a throwing ability and aoe attack which it rarely used.

The biggest difficulty I think we faced was trying to combat the kyklops's incredible healing rate. Upon one of our mag priests casting a successful smite, I watched as the smite damage get a healing tick within 10 seconds of it being cast, this smite wound continued to heal up at a rate of about 0.5 - 0.6 damage every 10-15 seconds. Watching this wound healing up so quickly along with most of the very light wounds disappearing within a minute, it soon became an uphill fight and was increasingly demoralising.

At present, I am not entirely sure how one could go about defeating the kyklops. I suspect that its healing rate may have been buffed as I have never encountered such a fast self healing rate before against any unique I've fought in the past nor did I witness such a healing rate when we killed the Deliverance Kyklops.

^This! We shouldn't give up! It might seem nearly impossible, but I'm sure we can beat him somehow~ :D <3

Maybe we can try politely asking Rolf if he can make the Kyklops a bit more manageable lmao

I took some screenies of this , not the best ones , so dont complain.

/>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eeevomvwdv8e81v/N4nzRZOT8A