Sign in to follow this  
Perryn

New Door Lock Management

With the addition of inner walls... it seems the way building door access is managed needs to be tweaked.

Instead of the old method (either a person has full access to all doors or he doesn't), it would be nice to be able to assign individual doors to individual people.

One example of where this is useful, is where you have one building split into two separate rooms each with their own access door to each room. However you want to have two people use this building... each with their own room. As it stands now... they both have access to the entire building if given permissions.

I would suggest a similiar format as the one used by deed gates.

A plaque on building doors that can be named and then in the deed drop down a manage doors option. Under each door... you could have 4 options.... access for citizens... access for allies... access for kingdom... and then you could also x mark individual friends.

**Edit as per Kuzym's suggestion**

Or make each individual door have the same options as mine doors.

Edited by Perryn
  • Like 2

I think the permission management could use more than a tweak. As it is deed owners have to deal with a permission nightmare to managed the house writs, immagine if the had to deal from now on with each room or Door a building has.

Edited by Iulianx

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Acurapassion, July 27, 2012 - Trolling / Derailing
Hidden by Acurapassion, July 27, 2012 - Trolling / Derailing

Do you have an enxyclopedia of suggestions and throw darts to which ones you post each day

*checks his encyclopedia for the answer to that*

Actually... its my mutant power. Some get telekinesis... some get regeneration... some can shoot plasma from their eyes. Me... i get stuck with having random ideas pop in my head. I'm a leaf on the wind... watch me soar.

Edited by Perryn

I like how you want to deal directly with the physical door and you've removed keys form the picture. Until we get a good UI that communicates what doors are where (same problem currently exists with gates) we should interact directly with the door.

I like the convenience of not using keys. A door simply keeps track of who can access it. Desirable flags would include individuals, allies, deeds, kingdoms, anyone.

We also need options to change a few things for the hole structure: 1. doors are set independent. 2. anyone can pick up stuff inside 3. anyone can log-in inside 4. disable wall bashing and furniture bashing and lock picking. I don't see it happening where we get the option to custom design a room zone and accompanying zone right flags. It would be easier to allow all for the multidwelling buildings and then control access to rooms with doors.

This would be the easiest way to do this, and probably the most user-friendly too.

Any system that allows individual door management while still remaining easy to use and less cumbersome.

Make house doors and gates work like mine doors. Individual settings for each one

I agree with gimli, holder of the writ can right-click the door and assign access to the door like you have with a mine door

Make house doors and gates work like mine doors. Individual settings for each one

Agree +1